Need Suggestions ASAP Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
To say that I have had a week from hell, is putting it quite simply. One of the mega problems I've had is the replacement of my clutch in my car which is only 2 years old and has only done 26000 miles. I've owned the car for 1 year when it had already done 16000 so I've only done about 10000 miles in it.

The car is still under it 3 year manufacturer warranty, but the main car dealership wanted me to pay 80% of the £1500 plus to fix it :eek:!! Erm ..... no! And hence an 8 day argumentl began :irked: as I refused to pay!

Being none the wiser where cars are concerned my wonderful, dependable, reliable local mechanic stepped in to help me. He very diplomatically but firmly took the dealership on, on my behalf. My entire clutch system is being replaced as we speak by said dealership and I only have to pay £150.

What is more, I have had the use of the dealerships courtesy car for 8 days (it was only supposed to be 4) and they are now desperate to get the courtesy car back as it should have gone to somebody else on Monday. Not my problem I told them!

They have really trod on their own toes here if they had only been reasonable in the first place :rolleyes:.

How do I say thank you to my lovely mechanic, who has gone beyond the call of duty to help me? He has met a new girl and she has introduced him to red wine. My plan is to go to M&S and buy a couple of reds to place in a hamper for him. Other things I can add are nuts and other munchies, but what else would you suggest? Is this a good idea or am I barking up the wrong tree? I don't want to give him money as I think this would offend him.

Tbh hun a couple o bottles of red is a generous thing to do IMO and the fact that you have gone out of your way will be appreciated (even by a bloke,she say's ducking lol)

:hug:

Tracey - I dont think that you were meant to have this car with your past experience! :wink2:

How about some vouchers for his new girlfriend for your nail treatments?

I think a couple of bottles of red is a lovely gesture hun, don't forget to put one of your business cards in the bag, his girlfriend could be a potential client;)

I'd go for a couple of bottles and a voucher for his girlfriend.

Great idea Oey!

Tracey - I dont think that you were meant to have this car with your past experience! :wink2:

How about some vouchers for his new girlfriend for your nail treatments?

PMSL! Trust you to remind me, lol. Now I've just said some lovely things about you in your blog. Off to delete them :wink2: xx

I think a couple of bottles of red is a lovely gesture hun, don't forget to put one of your business cards in the bag, his girlfriend could be a potential client;)

Great idea but he lives 50 miles away. He actually informed me this morning that he is giving up his job as garage manager as the distance is too far for him to travel daily :cry:. He really is a top bloke.

Wine is good but I doubt he'll want anything, I never used to, just people being greatful was enough! Had it have been me three years ago I think vouchers for nails would be good, but then again I'm a girl and would be wanting them for myself! He'll appreciate anything hun x x

Deff a HUGE box of Roses cos nothin says Thank You quite like them ;-)

How do I say thank you to my lovely mechanic, who has gone beyond the call of duty to help me? He has met a new girl and she has introduced him to red wine. My plan is to go to M&S and buy a couple of reds to place in a hamper for him. Other things I can add are nuts and other munchies, but what else would you suggest? Is this a good idea or am I barking up the wrong tree? I don't want to give him money as I think this would offend him.

Isn't it great when you find an decent mechanic, mine gets spoiled at Xmas :)
you could add some fancy biscuits and fruit

he is fab...and a good honest mech is hard to find.....what about going to frankie and benny,s ...getting a voucher....and giving it to him and his girlfriend???? x

how about some nice cheese?.....that goes with the wine ?
also a hand written note thanking him might be nice......to bad he's moving away.......:irked:....seems like the good ones alway leave to quickly.....

how about some nice cheese?.....that goes with the wine ?
also a hand written note thanking him might be nice......to bad he's moving away.......:irked:....seems like the good ones alway leave to quickly.....
Thank you for all your replies. Cheese and biscuits to go with sound like a great idea. I didn't think of that. And as I will be handing the gift to him immediately, the cheese won't go off.

I know it is the thought that counts, but my hubby and I are truely appreciative to him. He did not have to do this, but he really fought our corner and saved us mega money which we just don't have.

I'm off to shop today. Thanks guys for the suggestions :hug:.

Tracey what a lovely fantastic gesture :hug:

I am sure he will be over the moon with whatever gift you give him :hug: Sometimes even though words of gratitude are enough, that extra mile shows how much you appreciate the person - sure they may be all embarrassed and say "aww you shouldn't have" but in all honesty they will be pleased as punch - well red wine and nibbles in this case :lol::hug::hug:

Cheeky buggers 1500 for a clutch thats still under warranty that takes the mick big time :irked: my pet hate is mechanics anyway.... but I do think he deserves a thankyou for all he's done I'm sure he'll be over the moon with a couple of bottles of wine and don't forget you never know when you might need him to help you out again :)

xxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back