Need this colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojowoodcock

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1438978795.661299.jpg
what colour can I use to get this tone [emoji8][emoji8] Iam a full head bleach. Iam a qualified hairdresser but can't seem to get this tone right I used 8/81 wella toner but wasn't right I've used 10/8 any ideas people xx

Last edited:
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1438978879.930822.jpg
[emoji7][emoji7]

Redken shades EQ 09T/09B on pre lightened to lv.9+ raw

The first pic is 8/81 colour touch

I never seem to get hair this silver with 8/81 on pre lighted hi lights do u use 1.9 or 4% and how long left on or just watch it?

Maybe you're not lifting enough?

Hello, my go to icy grey is 10/88 in Wella innocence adding 1-2g of 22/0 and also 10/0 to dilute. You can also try 7/89 in colourtouch and 7/81 in illumina. Play around with different tones on swatches. My fave is the 10/88 as when it fades it doesn't go too flat. All of these go on a clean level 10.

I never seem to get hair this silver with 8/81 on pre lighted hi lights do u use 1.9 or 4% and how long left on or just watch it?
I use 1.9 I've left on upto 20mins xx

Hello, my go to icy grey is 10/88 in Wella innocence adding 1-2g of 22/0 and also 10/0 to dilute. You can also try 7/89 in colourtouch and 7/81 in illumina. Play around with different tones on swatches. My fave is the 10/88 as when it fades it doesn't go too flat. All of these go on a clean level 10.
Thankyou will give it ago and post pictures

Good luck! Check out my Instagram @thelittlehairkitchen. I've posted them up there

Hi, I'm new to salon geek, but am so inspired by your conversations and passions for colours!!! I created a grey ombré using Wella illumina 6/16 and through ends 10/69 over pre lightened hair ( Wella cream black blondor ) my clients was wanting a silver blonde was concerned she didn't want to look too dark with better by new to grey tones , in fairness , the 10/69 hasn't lasted very long , so hoping to encourage her that dropping down to 8/69 illumina the same tone will be achieved but the depth will make it last longer for her. Do you agree? Sadly my indecisive nature makes me question my choices a million times a second , I love reading your professional conversations , you're answers are so informative , I love reading your colour banters[emoji7]

Not black blondor !! Type error sorry don't jump on my mistake !!

I find illumina really lasting as a toner. 8/69 will definitely make it darker to begin with, but the issue may be that the hair it was applied to is overly porouse? Also, I find that sometimes you need to build up the tone for a longer lasting shade. How light were the ends lifted? 10/69 will only really work well on a clean 10. I suggest equal parts 10/69 and 8/69.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447588394.521982.jpg

9/81 45 to 15ml 7/81 and pastel. Wella innocence

You're right with the equal parts 10/69 8/69 mix as that's the depth of tone to keep it looking as bright a grey/silver tone if that's possible? How can add a photo to show you please. I think cause we had done all this over one day the porosity was comprised and ironically the Olaplex rep came the next day to take our first order! I'm thinking stand alone treatment first then applying tone suggestions as you thought with pastel toner 1:2 mix with Olaplex is going to support the delicate tone the best it can ?! Thank you, for replying your comments are so passionate they make me feel more confident, I noticed you said you played a game of how you can make it look better, my game is think of what I would do and then compare it to your answers and Cams as you're both so accurate it's very impressive !!

You're right with the equal parts 10/69 8/69 mix as that's the depth of tone to keep it looking as bright a grey/silver tone if that's possible? How can add a photo to show you please. I think cause we had done all this over one day the porosity was comprised and ironically the Olaplex rep came the next day to take our first order! I'm thinking stand alone treatment first then applying tone suggestions as you thought with pastel toner 1:2 mix with Olaplex is going to support the delicate tone the best it can ?! Thank you, for replying your comments are so passionate they make me feel more confident, I noticed you said you played a game of how you can make it look better, my game is think of what I would do and then compare it to your answers and Cams as you're both so accurate it's very impressive !!

Yes to everything in that post.

Make sure you charge accordingly though so charge separate for the standalone!

Thanks[emoji15]

The clients beautiful the strand test was extremely strong when we tested it, my thoughts were confirmed ,Italian grandma! Really strong hair x

Yes to everything in that post.

Make sure you charge accordingly though so charge separate for the standalone!

Thanks[emoji15]
Thank you!!! [emoji6]

Latest posts

Back