Need to get more clients!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Totallypolish'd

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!!

Im relatively new to the Geek world! I was a trainee hairdresser for 3 years but had to give it up due to dermatitis and had a miserable 5 years until I decided to do a Nail Tech course.

It was amazing and very thorough and the tutor also offered to teach us Lash extensions and spray tanning. I also pop into her salon for chats and show her my latest work!

Anyway, I have all my certs, pictures of nails & lashes etc that Ive done on a facebook page that I made to advertise my mobile business but I get next to no clients...My work isnt shoddy and my prices arent ridiculous on either end. However, my friends sister is doing the same treatments as me etc in roughly the same area and seems to be undercutting me in every way from clients to prices. I recently saw a set of L&Ps she did (I use Gel) and they were a disgrace...I know the two of us trained at the same time but I genuinely believe that I offer a more professional service for the time Ive been doing it.

The thing is that I really need to start getting clients in and I dont really know where to start as I feel like she's taking all my potential clients.

Has anyone any tips or anything for me? Thanks in advance and sorry for the rant! :)

Have you tried the for sale & swap sites on facebook? I've had a little success with these. I give ALL of my clients a small stack of leaflets, and they put them in their staff room or hand them out to friends etc... but make sure you have a BEAUTIFUL website! The majority of people say "I found you on google and was really impressed, your website is great! Loads of pictures and information." It's often the deciding factor between me and someone else.

Have you tried deals? For example, I'm doing Shellac Rockstar fingers & toes for £45 and that's had a lot of interest. It's giving people a great offer without knocking down your prices.

Find something that makes you stand out as a business. Is there a corner of the market that noone in your area has touched upon yet? Make yourself different, interesting and new!

There is a great thread by Lynne Baker - http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/83160-more-ways-promote-your-business.html

xx

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply! I have some deals, like I do gel polish for fingers n toes, a going out deal where I do swarovski toes, tan, lashes n gel nails n updo for a great price and am running 10% off for the month of June etc but to no effect. I'll defo try the leaflet thing and Im thinking of doing a 10% deal for the office I worked in.

Didnt even know fb did that sort of stuff, I'll defo have a look at that!

Just so frustrated cos after the skin disease my confidence was knocked n I was so excited when I went into this side of things until this girl started undercutting me!

Your so helpful! Thanks so much for the ideas! X

Sent from my RACERII using SalonGeek

Hi

I was like you when I first got started wondered how I was going to get new clients. I've done a page on Facebook and got a website. Im busy now which is down to me advertising on Gumtree alot and also search for any sort of community groups on Facebook and put ur details on there. It takes time but it's mainly word of mouth just keep trying don't ever give up x

Have you tried the for sale & swap sites on facebook? I've had a little success with these. I give ALL of my clients a small stack of leaflets, and they put them in their staff room or hand them out to friends etc... but make sure you have a BEAUTIFUL website! The majority of people say "I found you on google and was really impressed, your website is great! Loads of pictures and information." It's often the deciding factor between me and someone else.

Have you tried deals? For example, I'm doing Shellac Rockstar fingers & toes for £45 and that's had a lot of interest. It's giving people a great offer without knocking down your prices.

Find something that makes you stand out as a business. Is there a corner of the market that noone in your area has touched upon yet? Make yourself different, interesting and new!

There is a great thread by Lynne Baker - http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/83160-more-ways-promote-your-business.html

xx

Hey

Just read ur offer for shellac rockstar fingers and toes. I think I'm not charging enough £45 is my normal price.

It's for new customers only :) I.e a bridal or prom deal with friends, the discount is big because there will be a minimum of 3 ladies and I'm saving money on petrol etc and time :) My regulars pay £52 for just those treatments.

Xx

Your all so helpful! Thanks!

Ive just put an ad on gumtree so hopefully I'll get some custom! I'll be getting my leaflets done, just waiting on the graphics to come back.

Theres not a lot in my area in way of beauty so Im hoping that people will pick up on the fact Im a local and that I give a good service! :)

Unfortunately I cant advertise in the UK cos Im in Dublin!

Be a bit of a trek! Haha! :p

Latest posts

Back