Quantcast

Need to identify this Shellac colour...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Lolla

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I do Gelish and I am trying to find a close match to a Shellac colour I've seen. On one of my regulars. Yep - she had to book in with someone else as I couldn't fit her in on the day she wanted :(

It is very pale, see through, shimmery pink.....???

She's asked me if I can get her the same colour in Gelish or she's going to stick with this other lady that does Shellac, purely coz of the colour!! -.- So does anyone think they know what that Shellac colour might be?

Additionally would anyone know what the closest to it in Gelish is? I have been looking at Taffeta and Ambience but most pics I find don't show it properly.

Thanks xx

aayspa

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I do Gelish and I am trying to find a close match to a Shellac colour I've seen. On one of my regulars. Yep - she had to book in with someone else as I couldn't fit her in on the day she wanted :(

It is very pale, see through, shimmery pink.....???

She's asked me if I can get her the same colour in Gelish or she's going to stick with this other lady that does Shellac, purely coz of the colour!! -.- So does anyone think they know what that Shellac colour might be?

Additionally would anyone know what the closest to it in Gelish is? I have been looking at Taffeta and Ambience but most pics I find don't show it properly.

Thanks xx
Hi,

Very pale shimmery pink could be moonlight and roses, I mainly use it as a layering colour but looks lovely as it is on nails for a more natural look.

Strawberry smoothie is also a pale pink but more metallic looking, not really see through though

x

Lunarstorm

Reaction score
Strawberry Smoothie is a shimmery pink. Why not take a look at the pictures in the Shellac lovers group. There are loads of photographs of pretty much all the Shellac colours (bottled, not layerad that is)

lucie

Reaction score
It could also be romantique, clearly pink or as said moonlight...hard to guess without a pic xx

gr8nailz

Reaction score
It could also be Beau.

leah2306

Reaction score
I was thinking maybe negligee?

mizzy_dizzy

Reaction score

Kate1982

Reaction score
wow that's loyal client... Not
As others have said without a pic it could be number of colours.
Can she not call the salon and ask them or if you want to be really cheeky you could do it.

Jojo@salongeek

Reaction score
Light Elegant???

TanAngel

Reaction score
My first instinct was to say moonlight & roses. xxx

Devonnaydf

Reaction score
Gelish Simple Sheer = Shellac Clearly Pink
Gelish Ambience (1coat) = Shellac Beau
Gelish Ballerina = Shellac Negligee
Gelish Passion = Shellac Tropix
Gelish Gossip Girl = Shellac Tutti Fruiti

These are just rough estimates

mizzy_dizzy

Reaction score
wow that's loyal client... Not
As others have said without a pic it could be number of colours.
Can she not call the salon and ask them or if you want to be really cheeky you could do it.
She sounds loyal to me, if she had to go else where because the OP could not fit her in and is now coming back with a color request .

While we do develop friendships with our clients we are service providers first and foremost.

If tesco is closed I'm going to buy my bread at asda , just the way it is.

Zooks

Reaction score
Itd be easier if you could get a pic?

:)

Lolla

Reaction score
Thanks for all your ideas. I did want to take a pic but I didn't have my phone on me when I saw her.

Think it'll be Taffeta or Ambience...I'll go check out the pics in the Shellac lovers group as suggested. Thanks peeps :D

Pooh8bear

Reaction score
Thanks for all your ideas. I did want to take a pic but I didn't have my phone on me when I saw her.

Think it'll be Taffeta or Ambience...I'll go check out the pics in the Shellac lovers group as suggested. Thanks peeps :D
Ambience is a very fine glitter with a hint of pink.
Taffetta is a pearlised effect which when used in layering tends to give a cooling effect, sort of very slight silver pearl.

Lolla

Reaction score
It could also be Beau.
Bingo! Well done :D

She came back to me today and said she seemed to recall it being called Beau. After saying she had no idea what it was called :p Thank yooooou!! And Mizzy too :)

Ambience is a very fine glitter with a hint of pink.
Taffetta is a pearlised effect which when used in layering tends to give a cooling effect, sort of very slight silver pearl.
So would you say there is much of a difference between Ambience and Taffeta?

Gelish Ambience (1coat) = Shellac Beau
These are just rough estimates
Coz if this is right then I'm gonna go for Ambience...although a bit un-nerved about using one coat only...what happens with 2, does it become opaque?

Thanks so much, I love this site, you're all stars :Love:

Latest posts