Need to identify this Shellac colour...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolla

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I do Gelish and I am trying to find a close match to a Shellac colour I've seen. On one of my regulars. Yep - she had to book in with someone else as I couldn't fit her in on the day she wanted :(

It is very pale, see through, shimmery pink.....???

She's asked me if I can get her the same colour in Gelish or she's going to stick with this other lady that does Shellac, purely coz of the colour!! -.- So does anyone think they know what that Shellac colour might be?

Additionally would anyone know what the closest to it in Gelish is? I have been looking at Taffeta and Ambience but most pics I find don't show it properly.

Thanks xx

Hi Geeks

I do Gelish and I am trying to find a close match to a Shellac colour I've seen. On one of my regulars. Yep - she had to book in with someone else as I couldn't fit her in on the day she wanted :(

It is very pale, see through, shimmery pink.....???

She's asked me if I can get her the same colour in Gelish or she's going to stick with this other lady that does Shellac, purely coz of the colour!! -.- So does anyone think they know what that Shellac colour might be?

Additionally would anyone know what the closest to it in Gelish is? I have been looking at Taffeta and Ambience but most pics I find don't show it properly.

Thanks xx

Hi,

Very pale shimmery pink could be moonlight and roses, I mainly use it as a layering colour but looks lovely as it is on nails for a more natural look.

Strawberry smoothie is also a pale pink but more metallic looking, not really see through though

x

Strawberry Smoothie is a shimmery pink. Why not take a look at the pictures in the Shellac lovers group. There are loads of photographs of pretty much all the Shellac colours (bottled, not layerad that is)

It could also be romantique, clearly pink or as said moonlight...hard to guess without a pic xx

It could also be Beau.

I was thinking maybe negligee?

wow that's loyal client... Not
As others have said without a pic it could be number of colours.
Can she not call the salon and ask them or if you want to be really cheeky you could do it.

Light Elegant???

My first instinct was to say moonlight & roses. xxx

Gelish Simple Sheer = Shellac Clearly Pink
Gelish Ambience (1coat) = Shellac Beau
Gelish Ballerina = Shellac Negligee
Gelish Passion = Shellac Tropix
Gelish Gossip Girl = Shellac Tutti Fruiti

These are just rough estimates

wow that's loyal client... Not
As others have said without a pic it could be number of colours.
Can she not call the salon and ask them or if you want to be really cheeky you could do it.

She sounds loyal to me, if she had to go else where because the OP could not fit her in and is now coming back with a color request .

While we do develop friendships with our clients we are service providers first and foremost.

If tesco is closed I'm going to buy my bread at asda , just the way it is.

Itd be easier if you could get a pic?

:)

Thanks for all your ideas. I did want to take a pic but I didn't have my phone on me when I saw her.

Think it'll be Taffeta or Ambience...I'll go check out the pics in the Shellac lovers group as suggested. Thanks peeps :D

Thanks for all your ideas. I did want to take a pic but I didn't have my phone on me when I saw her.

Think it'll be Taffeta or Ambience...I'll go check out the pics in the Shellac lovers group as suggested. Thanks peeps :D

Ambience is a very fine glitter with a hint of pink.
Taffetta is a pearlised effect which when used in layering tends to give a cooling effect, sort of very slight silver pearl.

It could also be Beau.

Bingo! Well done :D

She came back to me today and said she seemed to recall it being called Beau. After saying she had no idea what it was called :p Thank yooooou!! And Mizzy too :)

Ambience is a very fine glitter with a hint of pink.
Taffetta is a pearlised effect which when used in layering tends to give a cooling effect, sort of very slight silver pearl.

So would you say there is much of a difference between Ambience and Taffeta?

Gelish Ambience (1coat) = Shellac Beau
These are just rough estimates

Coz if this is right then I'm gonna go for Ambience...although a bit un-nerved about using one coat only...what happens with 2, does it become opaque?

Thanks so much, I love this site, you're all stars :Love:

Latest posts

Back