Need to rant - rude client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaigeRosexxx

Reaction score
So our new policy is if we have a no-show over 2/3 times for appointments we ask for the payment as it’s a block of our time wasted (I obviously know unless it’s booked through Treatwell they are going to refuse to pay) but I rang this lady today and explained the policy politely but firmly and explained that it’s just valuable time wasted as we could of had a paying client. I get stuff happens but it’s happened too many times for large appointments! She was booked in for 11.30am, and this is her third time not showing to up to her appointment which would of took an hour and a half roughly and cost around £100 (waxing). She was then saying she hasn’t received a confirmation email, she thought it was tomorrow which is a Thursday (she said this last time even though Treatwell confirmed they were sent out) so I told her that I directly booked her in on the phone and Wednesday 11.30am is the slot and confirmation emails to my knowledge have been sent out, and even if they haven’t if you was unsure about an appointment you could always ring us up. I rang Treatwell again today and they said it didn’t get sent out this time. I mean why rely on a confirmation email anyway, surely she would of known she had an appointment? She said she got an email to say Thursday then none at all! So I asked if she could prove this by searching Treatwell into the bar, screenshotting and sending an email. (Tbh I don’t know why as she could of easily deleted it lol) and she was giving me so much abuse down the phone going absolutely mad, then saying I INJURED her last time, she has pics and will be making a formal complaint!!! I told her to contact my manager. I couldn’t believe it! I said it’s very serious now as you’re accusing me of injuring you which is not true, I would of seen any visible marks at the time and if this was the case why book back in to the salon? I’m feeling so fed up at the min with work and being so burnt out and tired, then this today!!!! Need a rant 😩😩😩

Paige - well done for standing up for yourself. How dare she treat your time as less important than hers. That’s just rude.

You don’t need rude clients. She needs to pay in advance for future bookings as well - hopefully you’ll never see her again. Won’t that be great?

me so much abuse down the phone going absolutely mad, then saying I INJURED her last time, she has pics and will be making a formal complaint!!! I told her to contact my manager. I couldn’t believe it! I said it’s very serious now as you’re accusing me of injuring you which is not true, I would of seen any visible marks at the time and if this was the case why book back in to the salon? I’m feeling so fed up at the min with work and being so burnt out and tired, then this today!!!! Need a rant
Hi Page,
My personal experience is that clients become aggressive and threatening like that when it comes to losing money... It has happened to me too. However such unfounded and uncalled-for behaviour is actually considered bullying and harassment and is not ok. It creates a really toxic environment and I sympathise with you deeply. I don't know but I get the feeling that such cases are increasing lately. People used to be nicer and friendlier before...

So our new policy is if we have a no-show over 2/3 times for appointments we ask for the payment as it’s a block of our time wasted (I obviously know unless it’s booked through Treatwell they are going to refuse to pay) but I rang this lady today and explained the policy politely but firmly and explained that it’s just valuable time wasted as we could of had a paying client. I get stuff happens but it’s happened too many times for large appointments! She was booked in for 11.30am, and this is her third time not showing to up to her appointment which would of took an hour and a half roughly and cost around £100 (waxing). She was then saying she hasn’t received a confirmation email, she thought it was tomorrow which is a Thursday (she said this last time even though Treatwell confirmed they were sent out) so I told her that I directly booked her in on the phone and Wednesday 11.30am is the slot and confirmation emails to my knowledge have been sent out, and even if they haven’t if you was unsure about an appointment you could always ring us up. I rang Treatwell again today and they said it didn’t get sent out this time. I mean why rely on a confirmation email anyway, surely she would of known she had an appointment? She said she got an email to say Thursday then none at all! So I asked if she could prove this by searching Treatwell into the bar, screenshotting and sending an email. (Tbh I don’t know why as she could of easily deleted it lol) and she was giving me so much abuse down the phone going absolutely mad, then saying I INJURED her last time, she has pics and will be making a formal complaint!!! I told her to contact my manager. I couldn’t believe it! I said it’s very serious now as you’re accusing me of injuring you which is not true, I would of seen any visible marks at the time and if this was the case why book back in to the salon? I’m feeling so fed up at the min with work and being so burnt out and tired, then this today!!!! Need a rant 😩😩😩
Sounds like you don't need this twat as a client anyways...policy sounds good & fair. Idiots like her don't...won't ever get it costs us money or lack there of when they screw us on a no show or 5 min cancel!

You didn't obviously injure her in any way I assure you. She's just trying to get you emotionally is all her last bark I bet. I'd send her a message banning her from your shop all together....tell her her pics on the wall for time wasting & abusive behavior then I'd send her this....

Attachments

• 2f77209588b3baff0798639c5e2ea6d7.jpg
    2f77209588b3baff0798639c5e2ea6d7.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 0

This is what insurance is for.

Keep everything that has happened.

Write it ALL on the consult form.

Nothing will happen as nothing reported.

Do not engage. Leave a note for all employees that she cannot be visiting or engaging.

To sue for injury she has to do ALL the work.

Beside if she cant afford to turn up for a £100 appt she aint suing anyone 😂

Latest posts

Back