Need to rant!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misslatham

Reaction score
Ok so a lady contacts me over my Facebook and asks if I can fit her in for a spray tan. No problem. Day before her appointment she texts to say she hasnt been paid properly and will contact me to rebook when she gets her wages sorted out. Bit gutted but ok, these things happen :rolleyes: She texts again to rebook a new appointment for yesterday evening, then first thing yesterday morning she texts and said she's been called into work as someone has gone off sick...ok so again, these things happen but I'm starting to get a bit miffed now :irked: Then last night at about 6pm (her appt time) she's off out with her mates for a meal!! Ok life gets in the way and things come up but why lie!? And be stupid enough to put it on FB! I'm not the police, I'm not gonna bang your door down if you'd rather go out love!! Rant over lol :wink2:

LOL

Put her on the naughty list and take a deposit for her next appointment LOL

xx

Sorry to hear you were messed about. People forget that time is money and you'd put that time aside for HER!

I work mobile and I always ask for a 50% deposit.

No deposit no treatment simples!

Must agree with the other posters here. A client like this is a financial liability for you. She is taking up appointment slots that can be filled with paying, reliable clientele. She is essentially taking money out of your pocket.

She either needs to give you a deposit or pre-pay for her service entirely or you need to kick her to the curb.

I'd be too busy next time. Waster. x

I had someone who did this to me the other, i had booked her an appt for first thing in the morning (and then had to turn away another customer as was fully booked) and she text me about 10 pm the night before cancelling
I then saw a post on a public page on fb where she was asking another girl to do it. Very annoying! but apart from asking for a non refundable deposit theres not much else you can do, I do ask for deposits on nails and eyelash extensions as they take longer so lose you alot more if you get a no show or cancellation you cant fill.
Thankfully i dont get this problem very often but do get a bit miffed when i do

ooh just wanted to add, i know things come up and people cant make appts for geuine reasons and thats not a problem, its just the deliberate time wasters that get to me :)

I'd go with the deposit theory or tell her your fully booked option! I think you've be very patient actually. Time is money and all that! X

Touch wood I've had no cancellations for the past few weeks! February / march was horrendous for me though, I actually had 9 cancellations in one week early march!! fuming.com

This past 2 weeks I've done 11 tans which is good for me & they have all turned up & on time which is a shocker lol

I only do it part time as have another job but even so it's still really annoying, im trying to save up for a car to go mobile so in need of the penny's big time at the minute.

I usually give people the benefit of doubt the once maybe twice if I believe they are being genuine & after that they just get straight barred from using me! :)

Agreeing with the others here...

I had a lot of this end of March early April with new Clients, it is so annoying especially when you turn others away. I don't need to say it but I will, time is money, this is my only income so I have set up a deposit system for all new clients. Paypal deposit or no appointment for new Clients booking anything of length eg Eyelashes/Extensions.

I have a 'hit' list now of the numbers/names left for no shows in the diary and phones! sad but necessary. We all have bills to pay and overheads... I'm sure if these clients went to work and discovered their employers did not need them for the day??

On a positive note I have some really lovely customers so consider myself fortunate, they very rarely change appointments. I've pondered on this one and really do think Clients that are attracted to 'cheaper' offers are more likely to book themselves several appointments and choose which they will attend! Ladies start taking deposits!! It has made a difference to my appointment book :)

I work mobile and I always ask for a 50% deposit.

No deposit no treatment simples!

How do you get the deposit, do you have a PDQ machine? I am thinking about insisting on deposits and would love to know how it can be do-able as a mobile service. ( All I can see is travelling twice as much, once to collect deposit and twice to do the treatment)

Latest posts

Back