Need to rant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sktanning

Reaction score
So angry. Ive just driven 8 miles to a app for a spray tan for the client to not be in and not answering the phone. What do you guys do in this situation. I sat outside for 10mins but nothing. I'm now thinking i maybe need to be texting or ringing clients beforehand to confirm appointments?.

Oh no that's rubbish :(
Yes I would definitely be confirming the appointment the day before or 1st thing in the morning. If they have a genuine reason then I let them off but after that they have to pay a deposit for future appointments or else they don't get rebooked.
Sorry you've had to drive so far, clients just don't think sometimes xx

I've seen quite a few posts like this recently :s
I feel for you Hun, it's a waste of your time and money :( I'm due to start mobile next month and this is one of the aspects of it Im not looking forward too.

I would say yer ring before the appointment - especially if it's not just round the corner! I think as people book with me ill end the conversation with thank you for your call etc, confirm the date and time and say that I'll give them a text or call nearer the time as a reminder X x

Hi
I had a client that had booked 2 months in advance for 2 spray tans. The first one i text her the day before to remind her and she cancelled the week later i did the same and she changed the time then when i turned up she wasnt home!
Luckily i was in the area so was annoyed but not too put out i left her a message and waited but have never heard from her since!
Since then i always ring or text a few hours or the day before wen ppl book well in advance and if i hav no reply and ther quite far away i leave a message saying that unless i hear from them i will not be going! some then text after their scheduled appt saying they're now home! xxx

i text clients the day before the appointment reminding them to exfoliate. shave/wax ect ect this also reminds them of thier appointment :)

I confirm new clients by text a couple of days before. I also send a reminder text when people book well in advance! You get to know your regulars, most of the time they won't need reminding but some do and you'll learn who! Good luck x

Latest posts

Back