Need to return to hairdressers for 3rd time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooky

Reaction score
Over from nails/beauty hoping for some constructive advice from you lovely hair geeks. I had light brown hair and wanted some highlights for summer.. Not real bright but a noticeable blonde. Went to my usual hairdressers, had the stylist I always have as really like her and always done a good job.

I usually just have parting coloured (am slightly grey and all over tint. When all was done it looked ok though I could see the roots took a lot more than anywhere else (had half a head) and parting brown though when I got home I noticed there was a large patch of brown at the front that didn't blend with the rest so returned to have some blonde in the front. I got home and noticed the "blonde was a bronze/ginger colour so asked if she could sort it out ASAP.

Returned for the third time and she went over the bronze. Basically I've left the salon with about 2 cm of very bright blonde at the front and if I tie it back I literally look like a skunk! I have a very bright centre parting. I know it's hard for anyone to comment without seeing it but I have e mailed the manager and hope to see her. Surely when I tie it back the colours should all be the same?.
This streak of bright blonde is so frustrating!!! I don't like how bright the top is but not sure what to ask for when she says what do you want me to do? I'm thinking a duller blonde, though shouldn't the stylist have gone with this in the first place? How will she get this awful blonde strak out my hair?... A very upset geek, Sarah x

Last edited by a moderator:
Over from nails/beauty hoping for some constructive advice from you lovely hair geeks. I had light brown hair and wanted some highlights for summer.. Not real bright but a noticeable blonde. Went to my usual hairdressers, had the stylist I always have as really like her and always done a good job. I usually just have parting coloured (am slightly grey and all over tint. When all was done it looked ok though I could see the roots took a lot more than anywhere else (had half a head) and parting brown though when I got home I noticed there was a large patch of brown at the front that didn't blend with the rest so returned to have some blonde in the front. I got home and noticed the "blonde was a bronze/ginger colour so asked if she could sort it out ASAP. Returned for the third time and she went over the bronze. Basically I've left the salon with about 2 cm of very bright blonde at the front and if I tie it back I literally look like a skunk! I have a very bright centre parting. I know it's hard for anyone to comment without seeing it but I have e mailed the manager and hope to see her. Surely when I tie it back the colours should all be the same?. This streak of bright blonde is so frustrating!!! I don't like how bright the top is but not sure what to ask for when she says what do you want me to do? I'm thinking a duller blonde, though shouldn't the stylist have gone with this in the first place? How will she get this awful blonde strak out my hair?... A very upset geek, Sarah x

Sounds to me like your natural hair has lifted more than your coloured hair. This tends to happen frequently as there is no build up of colour on the natural hair.
She has probably used quite a high peroxide which has shot up on your root and left the rest of your hair a "bronze" colour
Did she tone your hair after wards?
Can you post a picture as like you say it's hard without seeing it.
If this was me I would have used a low peroxide and toned, but I don't know what she did so can't really comment.
Maybe some one can explain better than me I know what I'm trying to say it's just hard to type

Just return to the salon, they were the only ones there during the consultation. It's best not to turn up with advice from an Internet forum on how we thought it should be done, we can't see the hair nor do we know what was put on.

If they can't rectify it then find somewhere else :)

As above I agree with the other girls, a toner on the roots (to match the ends) should even out the colour x

Agreed a toner will sort out bright roots

I would be pretty pee'd if a client came in and told me what I needed to do to correct something, just because someone on the internet, who hadn't seen it, says so.

Go back to the salon, if you don't have confidence in them find someone else.

I would be pretty pee'd if a client came in and told me what I needed to do to correct something, just because someone on the internet, who hadn't seen it, says so.

Go back to the salon, if you don't have confidence in them find someone else.

I think the point here is that the OP has been back twice and she is still left with an unsatisfactory result.

Definatley go back to the salon and talk to the stylist, she'll sort it out for you :) don't feel like bad or like your being a pain, your a paying client, (I'm sure you'd do the same for a nail client) she should look at it & know exactly what to do, if she says what do u want me to do about it, just explain what you do & don't like about it & what you expect the end result to be like you did in the post I.e when u tie it back you want all the colours to be the same

Latest posts

Back