Need urgent help on advice regarding sun bed users...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarfield

Reaction score
I have my beauty exam tomorrow, and just found out my client uses sun beds a lot. What advice should i give in regards to this during a facial? The examiner comes round and asks us what advice we have for the client.

Do sun beds dry the skin out or anything? Or do they not have any effect on the skin?
There's nothing about this in my textbooks...

Wow cant believe the effects of uv rays on the skin isnt in a beauty textbook! :O it can obv cause sunburn (dry flaky irritated skin), pre maturely age the skin, significantly increase risk of skin cancer... Advice could be to use moisturiser with a spf, as uv rays are always present, even when it isnt sunny, and personally, i would reccommend they consider ditching the beds for fake tan! If you offer tanning, this is an excellent opportunity to promote a new service! Not sure what qualification you are working towards, but 1 unit of my vrq was to promote products and services, so you could also get signed off for that if you are successful in educating them of the dangers! Hth and good luck for tomorrow! Xx

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Oh yes def agree with the reply above. The risk of skin cancer is higher if using sunbeds. They dry out the skin and cause pre mature ageing. The skin ends up leathery and if used twice a week, within 6 months, there will be a noticeable difference In the texture etc of the face. I know someone who uses them addicted if you ask me but within the time mentioned above she had aged quite a bit. It was horrifying. Just let her know the dangers but at the end of the day it's up to her whether she listens or not. Good luck hth:) x

Latest posts

Back