Need your help! Fancy doing a 1 min video for TV and online?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BotoxBoy

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Ok...some of you may know I recently did a thread asking people to support Gay Marriage here in the UK by signing the petition and so many of you did and it got it from around 12,000 signatures to now over 50,000.

Hoever, the petition AGAINST equal marriage has now reached a disturbing 500,000 signatures with rumours suggesting their campaign has even been sent out to religious schools and children as young as NINE have been coerced into signing it!

Ok..here's where I need your help! I am now one of the founder members of a new campaign about to be launched in the UK and internationally called 'Out for Marriage' in association with www.pinknews.co.uk and www.c4em.org.uk

We are asking people for a short video (around 1 minute) done on an iphone, a web cam or any video recording device to say why you are 'Out for Marriage'. It is going to be similar to the 'It Gets Better' campaign to help school children who have been bullied and committed suicide because they are gay.

This campaign is going to be MASSIVE and the likes of Madonna, Kylie Minogue and Lady GaGa have already been approached and are likely to get involved. However we need ordinary people, straight or gay or whatever gender and sexuality to make a very short video about why they think gay marriage should be legal and why it is important finishing with the line 'and that's why I/We are Out for Marriage!'

My fiancee James and I will be making ours today and it is exciting stuff as we are soon to be heading to Downing Street to do some filming for the campaign. It's also headed up by our friend Benjamin Cohen, best known as a channel four news reporter and hopefully his contacts in the industry will ge this going.

Our campaign doesn't have the money and resources as the religious bigots campaign, but what we do have is more powerful than anything; love. Our campaign is about wanting the right to celebrate being together in love and that can only be a good thing!

If anyone is interested in doing their bit please get in touch and I will give you all the info! It really only takes a few minutes and you can be part of history!

Adam

Last edited:
...and don't forget this is an INTERNATIONAL campaign so anyone can get involved!

Our video is now done... Just doing some editing... Watch this space!

Hey, just marking for later. :) x

Thanks... I got an email from Kelly Osbourne and Jessie J today... Keen to take part!

Just marking this thread for later x

When I've dropped my daughter of I'll see what I can come up with - I'm a FIRM supporter of equal marriage rights and I have gay friends who are married and I SERIOUSLY don't see why they should have less rights than me! You keep fighting! Also follow George Takai on Facebook if you don't already!

When I've dropped my daughter of I'll see what I can come up with - I'm a FIRM supporter of equal marriage rights and I have gay friends who are married and I SERIOUSLY don't see why they should have less rights than me! You keep fighting! Also follow George Takai on Facebook if you don't already!
THANKS! Every video helps! The Saturdays have done a video for us!

The Saturdays Come @Out4Marriage - YouTube

Hi

Marking for later - I have a phone from the stone ages but gonna see what I can come up with and borrow husbands phone!

It makes me soooo angry when I hear things like this STILL happening! When WILL people realise people are just people it shouldnt matter whether you are gay, straight, black, white, tall, short, disabled, male or female every person should be judged on what they say and what they do and not because of their sexuality, gender, age, creed etc!

Love is love and it shouldn't matter if its between a man and a woman, two men or two women!!

Sorry rant over!!

All the best with the campaign

xx

Just want to mention to all those geeks who said they want to mark this thread for later, that you can just click thread tools at the top of the post and click subscribe to this thread... that way you can find it later by clicking the other tab at the top of the page and it will be there with all of your subscribed threads and you can even get an email notification each time someone replies to it if you like.

Happy Geeking! :biggrin:

Hi

Marking for later - I have a phone from the stone ages but gonna see what I can come up with and borrow husbands phone!

It makes me soooo angry when I hear things like this STILL happening! When WILL people realise people are just people it shouldnt matter whether you are gay, straight, black, white, tall, short, disabled, male or female every person should be judged on what they say and what they do and not because of their sexuality, gender, age, creed etc!

Love is love and it shouldn't matter if its between a man and a woman, two men or two women!!

Sorry rant over!!

All the best with the campaign

xx

Thank you!!! ANY video will help! We especially need straight women to take part as this area is under represented at the moment!

Oh and I've been approached to take part in a two part TV documentary! Watch this space!!!

Hello I would like to say what you are doing is fantastic.I shall do this.

My 7 year old daughter has been taught by me and her father that anyone can fall in love wether it's a man and woman a man and a man or woman and woman we explained this to her because she saw two women sharing a loving moment and she asked us about it and we explained it dosnt matter what gender you are anyone can fall in love because love is love.she takes great delight in telling people of her knowledge which is sooo sweet.

Billie goes to a catholic school so god forbid if they try there brain washing because she will put um right lol.xx

My son is 6 and has seen same sex couples kiss on soaps like Emmerdale and Corrie... he hasn't once asked me about it, which I think is a really good thing, as he thinks nothing of it and that's the way it should be.

Hello I would like to say what you are doing is fantastic.I shall do this.

My 7 year old daughter has been taught by me and her father that anyone can fall in love wether it's a man and woman a man and a man or woman and woman we explained this to her because she saw two women sharing a loving moment and she asked us about it and we explained it dosnt matter what gender you are anyone can fall in love because love is love.she takes great delight in telling people of her knowledge which is sooo sweet.

Billie goes to a catholic school so god forbid if they try there brain washing because she will put um right lol.xx

This is inspirational!

Once you've done the video, upload to YouTube then send me the link at [email protected]

Thank you so much!!!

My son is 6 and has seen same sex couples kiss on soaps like Emmerdale and Corrie... he hasn't once asked me about it, which I think is a really good thing, as he thinks nothing of it and that's the way it should be.

The younger ones don't care, they haven't been spoiled by adult prejudice yet!

That's a really good thing.

I think Billie asked about it because of her school because they always say man and woman etc because it's a catholic school and they go to church at school and with the bible and all that.

She said look at those ladies mum there in love arnt they and I took my opportunity to go for it and talk to her about it.xx

Latest posts

Back