Need your help: what am I missing here?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serendipity13

Reaction score
Hi,

I am going a little crazy because I can't achieve a simple color and I can't for the life of me understand what's going on.

I am a natural base 7/8, and I have been dying my hair platinum blonde for the past six months. I achieved it quite easily, and doing the roots quickly became a routine.

About a month ago, I chopped about 20 inches of my hair and got myself a pixie cut :) I wanted to try something I had never tried before. And I like it a lot. The problem is with the color. I did a very short pixie (like Charlize Theron at some point: http://www.stylebistro.com/lookbook/Pixie/Ew58JYhvU61). When my roots grow back, I do the same routine as before (wella koleston 10 and volume 20), and my roots become light blonde. Since I want to keep the white blonde color, I then tone my hair and this is where things have gone south...

Since I didn't want to damage my hair too much, I used Revlon color cream 1002: worked like a charm on my roots, but since I have very short hair it's almost impossible not to put product on the whole head, and thus I ended up with silver tips.

To recap, I platinum blonde roots and silver "lengths" (same length as my roots I think). I don't like it at all obviously; but I don't know what to do.

I wanted to go darker one or two levels and have a creamy light beige blonde, so I went to my hair supplier and he didn't have the wella color touch I use so he gave me L'Oreal Dialight 9.02 and 9.03, told me to mix the two with volume 10 and it should be more natural. I don't like using other brands but his logic seemed ok, so I bought the products.

I did the toning an hour ago, I left it on for 20 minutes and rinced. The result is comically horrible: half my hair (roots) are ORANGE, and the tips (other half of my hair) are "iced chocolate" let's say. Very very ashy. I guess it means the tips didn't take the gold tones at all, and the roots did way too much.

How is that possible? It's really bizarre. I have less than a year of experience so I'm still learning, but I don't understand what happened. What did I do wrong?

Please help, I don't know what to do next :p

Latest posts

Back