Neighbour complaining of noise

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tjo

Reaction score
Sorry I need to vent off.
My neighbour totally out of the blue just banged on my door at about 7.15 to complain that she had been woken up by my new pup barking.

He doesn't bark during night he sleeps through and only barks when he hears me get up, 6.45, he doesn't bark for hours it's about 10 mins til i go and see him.
He is only 9weeks old and iv only had him 3 days.

Anyway after she had moaned about being woken up at 7, i informed her that my daughter was up before the pup and she then started moaning about my daughter banging on my door in the morning, she is 4 and she knocks on my door when she gets up normally around 7 to 7.30.

she then started going on about the drains being blocked which mine are not and neither is next door, so unless water runs up hill it must be her drain, and she said i need to stop putting things down the toilet, i don't put anything odd down my toilet, not baby wipes, cotton wool nothing that shouldn't go down it does.

She then went on to moan about my cats, saying im not allowed pets in here, the owner had told her, bear in mind the landloard died last January. I have had the executor of the property in here twice and the cats sat on him and he has not complained.

im now scared to let my daughter make a noise.

We don't play music, have parties, or are up late, we are not up early either, we don't have arguments and scream and shout.

I don't know what to do, we are due to move i 2 weeks but i want out.

sorry

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

Not really much help but what a nasty person!! Maybe havong a bad day and you took the brunt of it but there really is no need to be so nasty. We recently moved and i spoke to my neighbour not long after moving and said if my kids (3 & 18 months) where too loud to just give me a knock but he said not to worry about it. Hopefully youll have better neighbours when you move xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

i hope so,

the neighbours the other side have not complained, my daughter goes to bed at 7 so they is only "noise" during the day and she is at nursery 2days a week

What an awful neighbour! Atleast you don't have to put up with it much longer.

When I was little we had an awful neighbour. Me and my sister cried as much as any little kid would, but the neighbour at the time called social services on my mum because of the amount of noise she thought we made! She used to shout at my mum over the garden fence.

Some people havent got anything better to do than complain. I wouldn't try and change anything you do to suit her, she will have to get over the little bit of noise she can hear!

thank you for your replies, i was starting to think i was being a bad neighbour, this is the first time she has complained.

i may have to put puppy in the bedroom at night, but not really something i want to do.

Hun, look up a site called " Neighbors from Hell" it is a forum where you can get loads of advice on how to handle difficult neighbors, as well a tons of helpful info on how to handle her next time she tries to wind you up again. She has to be made aware what her rights are and what yours are.
Has she got any children? Does she work? WHy would she still be in bed a 7am or even still sleeping at that time? Does she expect a child living next door to be quiet as a mouse because she wants to have a lie in? She is being totally unreasonable.

Don't let her get to you, and dont let the puppy in your room unless you are prepared to never let it sleep anywhere else again. LOL They are too irresistable and once they have got you to break that rule it is all downhill thereafter. Ha Ha. Our rules were,

1) No dogs on the furniture
2) Dogs only on the furniture if invited up
3) Dogs Allowed on the furniture
4) No dogs on the bed
5) DOgs only allowed on the bed when invited up
6) ...... I am sure you see where this is heading.

Now they each have their own sofa which they will sometimes share with us, hog the bed, we often wake up in the middle of a dog sandwich unable to move because the covers are holding us down.

I love being with them though so I think I must secretly enjoy living in a doggy den.

There's always going to be that one odd neighbor that makes living where you are difficult. Hopefully it gets better when you move. The lady right next door to me is a nightmare to deal with. I thought she moved away at one point, but nope! She's still there. I just carry on as usual because it's not my problem she has an issue with me. If no one else has complained about you, then it's not really an issue. Just one person being a cranky pain in the booty.

I would knock in her door at 7 in the mornin g to complain she had woken you up this morning & could she keep it down!!
My neighbours 21 yr old son plays music so loud my house rattles with the base but her reply was there must be something wrong with my house if noise travels like that!!! Also she thinks that because she owns the house Shh can't be evicted!! Well this weekend my kids will be getting a stereo in their room & will be told that as soon as its 7am they can put their music on as loud as they want!! Petty yes but sometimes this is the only way to get through to morons who don't respect others!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

thank you, you have cheered me up.

i think tmw morning i will let my daughter play her recorder, leave my hair dryer running near her wall and maybe do the hoovering

ah just tell her to bog off!! I'm sorry, I know that sounds a bit glib but that would be my reaction if it were my neighbours. No one is entitled to live in complete silence, when we live in terraced houses we have to live and let live a bit and appreciate that when we have lives, we make noise. If she wants complete silence she needs to invest in a detached house in the middle of the countryside!!! I wouldn't mind if you and your family were screaming and shouting at each other, slamming doors, loud music and dogs barking through the night etc, but the noise you've described is a perfectly acceptable level of noise, I think it's really unreasonable of her to expect you to creep round your own house trying not to make a noise so she can have silence!!

If I were you I would carry on regardless, as if she never complained in the first place. Certainly dont stop your daughter knocking on your door, and if your neighbour knocks again then I would tell her that if she knocks again you're going to take action against her for harrassment.

Why don't you let slip that you're moving out in a couple of weeks and ask if she's met the new renters....a family of 9 with children ranging from 3 months to a teenage drummer in a boy band!!! Hope your new place is perfect for you x

what a horrible woman! i can't offer any advice that other posters haven't already given lovie but keep your chin up. does she seriously expect a wee one to be completely silent?! when you move, give her a leaving present of a new glass so she can put it up against the wall and listen to her new neighbours!xxx

I had a neighbour like this always complained about my lil girl she was 2 and not really a noisy child so in took great pleasure in teaching my gal how to play the radiator with a wooden spoon that was on the joining wall of our houses :lol: xxx

lets hope her new neighbours have 5 dogs that bark 24/7 ;)

lets hope her new neighbours have 5 dogs that bark 24/7 ;)

or the Go Compare man hehehe xxx

Going slightly off topic, i had an elderly neighbour who had reported me to the RSPCA for starving a tortoise to death in my garden. The people who came round didn't half laugh when they came and found a statue of a tortoise in my flowerbed! The old woman was adamant she had seen it moving before :D

Going slightly off topic, i had an elderly neighbour who had reported me to the RSPCA for starving a tortoise to death in my garden. The people who came round didn't half laugh when they came and found a statue of a tortoise in my flowerbed! The old woman was adamant she had seen it moving before :D

Haha, how embarrassing!!

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

You seem like a very concientious person....perhaps a little more assertiveness could be handy though?
You have two weeks to be as naughty and noisy as possible.
Enjoy :)
xx

I ended up phoning the police a fee weekends ago about my neighbours son. I had no problem with the volume of the music more the content!! When the words "I've had an absolute c**t of a day" was played, I asked him not to play music with bad language in, he carried on so I phoned them! Although they couldn't do anything about the volume, he was breaching a public order act with the content!!! Its been extreamly quiet since! !

I ended up phoning the police a fee weekends ago about my neighbours son. I had no problem with the volume of the music more the content!! When the words "I've had an absolute c**t of a day" was played, I asked him not to play music with bad language in, he carried on so I phoned them! Although they couldn't do anything about the volume, he was breaching a public order act with the content!!! Its been extreamly quiet since! !

That's the kind of thing I played into the walls to my neighbour after he complained about music on in the day and an alarm clock. X

Latest posts

Back