Neighbours complaining about smell of acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karendang

Reaction score
I’m having this problem right now!! I bought an air purifier with the glade automatic spray and a oil diffuser and incense. I’m not sure what to do my neighbors will not contacts me they go straight to the property manager about it

What you need is a machine that absorbs odors and vapors. Its a machine that has a bed of activated charcoal that absorbs odors and vapors. This bed of charcoal has to be replaced every couple of months.

An air purifier will never be enough to remove these vapours, and "glade" is just a chemical product that tries to mask the smell. Odourless products can be just as harmful to you and your staff through long term exposure. and you don't know it. The smell from the vapour is a good thing as you know these vapours are dangerous and can be removed.
The only solution for your health, and that of your neighbour, is to remove these vapours and smells as soon as you create them. The correct Activated Carbon in the correct machine, with the correct depth of bed of activated carbon and the correct flow rate through the activated carbon, with remove these vapours and smells, guaranteed. Check out Ravair Ltd, they have different size units for different size rooms/salons and will give free advice, many geeks on this site have purchased their units from Ravair Ltd.
Do you really want to be harming your upstairs neighbours health, maybe elderly, very young, asthmatic etc when it can be avoided. If you vent these dangerous vapours outside they will be sucked in to the flat/office above through open windows, airbricks etc and if you don't have vent extraction the vapours and smell will seep up through any cracks/joints etc in your ceiling.

Thank you - that put me at ease.
They did threaten me with that, that they will call big guys and they will shut me down. :lol: don't think so - prove it first haha.
The last thing they will want to do is close down a business and have yet another empty premises. Plenty won't even re-open after lockdown.
Or do you work from home? That could be different I suppose

Why don’t you use monomer without odour

Why don’t you use monomer without odour
Controlling odors is one factor. Controlling vapors is another.

Odors and Vapors are two different things and both are emitted from the monomer when you work.

Vapor is when the monomer turns into a gas form. This vapor is then breath into the lungs of the nail tech and can cause problems over time.

Odors don't do damage to the lungs unlike vapors, but they have a foul smell.

So that is why nail techs not only need a dust collection machine, but also a vapor and odor collection machine.

Latest posts

Back