Neon glitters - more money down the drain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curvygirl

Reaction score
Well, once again I've tried some newly bought neons on colourpops and once again they're nowhere near as vivid as in the pots.. See photo

See? They're pathetically insipid!
and these were sold as fine glitters!
fine glitter?? my ar$e! just look at the white - it's awful!

Does ANYONE have fine neons that hold their colour once top coated? Getting fed up of flushing my hard earned cash down the loo :-(((((

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338303999.830906.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338303999.830906.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 1,202
Green / blue look nice! I can see what you mean about other colours though.

I've seen geeks mention Martha Stewart glitters on here quite often, not sure if they stock neon colours? but it's worth a try. X

Green / blue look nice! I can see what you mean about other colours though.

I've seen geeks mention Martha Stewart glitters on here quite often, not sure if they stock neon colours? but it's worth a try. X

Could you possibly put those pots of glitter on eBay or put them too another use? If you've got children let them get creative with a bit of glue & glitter in the school holidays, make some funky pictures!

saves you wasting your money hun x

Could you possibly put those pots of glitter on eBay or put them too another use? If you've got children let them get creative with a bit of glue & glitter in the school holidays, make some funky pictures!

saves you wasting your money hun x

Thanx, will pass em on to her.

Martha Stewart neon glitters are the same, look vivid in the pot but wishy-washy on application:-(((

They look wishy washy because you are using them on their own or with clear :!:

Try using them over white, it really makes them pop :D

Last edited:

Curvygirl if you do try again on white could you please put another photo up please? I was about to buy neon glitter today but decided to wait. What brand did you buy?
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Agreed, I think if on white they will be much brighter, the blue and green actually don't look too bad from this picture, so on white I think they'd look really vivid. try it and then yes, please take a picture again so we can see the difference

These glitters look like they are eBay glitters. Am I correct?? I tried these years ago and found the same. I now use Nail Graphix which I love. To use these ones up applying over white is a great idea, either that or add more than your usual mix or if using with gel then try scrubbing on instead of mixing xx

Also a good trick is to apply glitter top coat and apply glitter again x

I've seen young nails do neon glitters I really want to order them but worried they might not look as gd as they do on the Internet, has anyone used these?

I use all of the young nails glitters but the neons are no good for doing rockstars, they dont pop, if you know what i mean, they look great mixed with clear acrylic and used as glitter tips but they really are not heavy enough to be brushed over a gel polish. Iv got some uv glitters from glitter body art and these glow in uv light but would not be bright in normal light unless used in acrylic as its thicker and you get the benefit of the colour... I think there is a pic in my gallery of the neon glitter tips :) xx

I love the look of youngs nails glitters, anyone have a link to there site or where I might buy them in the UK? I just keep getting youngs nails Australia when I google.

The Martha Stewart neon glitters are nice & do hold their depth of colour but once top coat is applied they certainly aren't as 'Neon' as I'd like.
I too would be interested in Neon glitters that stay neon ;-)
Also if I'm doing glitters on colour pops I usually do a matching colour coat of Gelish too

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338356660.226253.jpg
These are the Martha Stewart Neon glitters xx

I got mine from
Calgel u need to mix the same amounts of each , my clients love the neons especially the young ones, u need to put a top coat over too as they look and feel quite Matt when cured, I'll up load a pic for you :) x

Apologies I quickly scanned I didnt realise they were glitters , I didn't know they did them actually, Martha Stuart does she do the glitters specific for nail art? I did buy some glitter i wasn't too bothered bout it x

View attachment 15737
These are the Martha Stewart Neon glitters xx

I have these but I haven't been able to get such bright/neon color out of them.

How did you manage this? Did you use polish, gel? Did you use the respective colors or just white underneath?

Thanks~~

Latest posts

Back