Neon Shellac colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracymileham

Reaction score
All gelish and other nail companies have these new neon colours is there any way you can offer these in shellac any ideas would be great x

By using additives and a cream puff base.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

What ones shall I Get

I just got a neon pink pigment off eBay and used it over cream puff see attached pic, bottom one, it looks better in real life ! Apparently it glows under the black lights but haven't tested it yet ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1375014492.390514.jpg

As long as you get cosmetic grade pigment you can use any

I got my neon pigment set from ebay glitterarty_nails. You get a set of 6 different colours, nearly all the nails i have done lately i have used this set with shellac. X

Just FYI if anyone is wondering why CND don't have neon colours in any of their ranges...
CND do not use any neon pigments in any of their products because truly neon pigments are not licensed for cosmetic use in the US by the FDA or in Europe by the EU. CND are very concerned with International compliance and only ever use ingredients are that 100% legally permissible everywhere in the world. Some ingredients can be a grey area as they are either not yet fully classified by some country's cosmetic control agencies, or they can slip through hazy legislation - CND don't use these kind of ingredients in order to protect their products, formulas and manufacturing processes into the future.
There are several companies using these neon pigments for sure. Whether they will continue to do so into the future I don't know.

Hi Claire, yes thats the set ive nearly used all the pink its so popular. The photo is my nails all the colours except the salmon. They look nice on toes too with the same coloured glitter over

Attachments

• 1375040869706.jpg
    1375040869706.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 2,482
  • 1375040901746.jpg
    1375040901746.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,048
Eek, just ordered mine! Very excited! They look fab thanks for the info!

Yes Claire I have used it over cream puff shellac and lately 2 coats of sheek white gelish as I find sheek white thinner & easier to apply to the full nail than cream puff. Ive also tried mixing it with acrylic but found it patchy even with taking ages to mix it . Just make sure like with all additives that the top coat covers all the colour.Hope this helps x

How do you find the removal. A while back I bought some off ebay and the removal was awful. I ditched them.

Ive not had any problem with removal as i am only using a very small amount of neon pigment burnished into the sticky layer just like you would use cnd additives.

I gave up waiting for CND to bring some neons out so purchased Gelish. Amazing!!! I actually prefer it to Shellac. You should try it hun. I personally cba with the faffing around with trying to get colours. All I want to do is just paint them on. Time is money! xx

Hi Claire, yes thats the set ive nearly used all the pink its so popular. The photo is my nails all the colours except the salmon. They look nice on toes too with the same coloured glitter over

How do you get them actually neon? I'm doing them over cream puff but they just come out pastel?

Attachments

• 1375444797614.jpg
    1375444797614.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 498
Just FYI if anyone is wondering why CND don't have neon colours in any of their ranges...

I totally understand this. However, it doesn't need to be a true neon pigment. I'm sure all of us consumers would be happy with neon looking Shellac. Something that's super bright will suffice.

I have all the additives, micas, and layering combos....but not all clients want to have to pay the extra fee to get the colour they want. This is why a lot of people are adding on other brands such as Gelish.

I use Shellac but brought in Gelish alongside it due to the colour choice.

The glow collection is amazing. My clients are actually going for Gelish at the moment even though I have a large collection of shellac shades through layering and additives.

I would either go for neon pigments or the Gelish collection. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Regardless of any restrictions in any country Shellac can still offer brighter colors. IMHO

I have most of the shellac colour but have to admit to bringing in the neon colours from gelish and some colours that I can't get or do easily in shellac and they are very popular. I also have the neon powder which is nice but not on par with the Gelish, but do still use them.

I have most of the shellac colour but have to admit to bringing in the neon colours from gelish and some colours that I can't get or do easily in shellac and they are very popular. I also have the neon powder which is nice but not on par with the Gelish, but do still use them.

I've done the same, Maz101. If my clients want brights, I will give them brights. I just had to move on. It's a small expense to buy Gelish base and top coat to make clients happy and not go somewhere else. :)

Latest posts

Back