Nervous about mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nurse2dermelle

Reaction score
Hi everyone! New to beauty (I do dermaplaning, from a nursing background) and for the next 6-9 months I'll be mobile until the garage conversion is complete. I'm paranoid about personal safety anyway, plus I've read all the threads and got some really good advice, but does anyone else get nervous when mobile working? I've had a girl contact me via Facebook messenger, even though shes online she takes 2-3 days to reply to my messages, but she still hasn't given me her details for her telephone assessment (and my chance to assess her a little bit) which I've clearly stated is mandatory before I go to the appointment. I had to cancel one appointment because she hadn't given me her details, booked her in again for Monday evening and said the assessment needs to be done tomorrow as I'm really busy over the weekend and cant guarantee a time, and nothing from her. Obviously if I don't get the assessment done I wont be doing the appointment, but am I being OTT about getting a bad feeling about it? How do you find being mobile? Thank you!

Hi there - I have done some mobile but only do the basic treatments- if it’s dermaplaning you have right to be safe and you are definately not over the top! Some people want treatments without any pre- patch tests etc, I don’t do this treatment myself but obviously you need to see where you are working eg pre- assessment definately a must, often you get enquiries and then.......nothing try and take deposits where you can - I prefer to do everything in my home salon but sometimes people do,want home treatments, I always charge extra for longer distances and also all your products bed etc you may have to take as well (beds are heavy) - I so think you are right to keep your standards high especially with that treatment, are there any other treatments you could offer mobile too? I now only offer mobile from £30 upwards as it is not worth my time and effort - best of luck!! X

Thank you! I charge £45 for a classic dermaplane, £55 for a luxury. It just makes me feel really nervous going into other peoples houses who I've never met trying to get my husband to agree to having it in the house until the conversion is done haha! Thank you for your reply,and I will look at getting deposits as well xx

Just be confident! And positive that’s a great treatment! Then you can build from there x you will be fine

Yeah deffo stick to your high standards here. It really gets on my nerves when people will only communicate on messenger!! I had lots of back and forth recently & then missed an opportunity to fill a cancellation because she wouldn’t give me her number etc, so in the end I messaged her back and said “this is my number and it’s the best way to contact me for appointments...” and when I finally get them in the diary I absolutely insist on having a phone number to get hold of them.. if you ever feel uncomfortable or unsure about the vibe you are getting just say no. Most people are fine and have nice clean homes and good space to work in but occasionally you get a hoarder or a smelly dog or something but at least you’ll have your home salon finished soon! Those months will go really quickly too.

Hi everyone! New to beauty (I do dermaplaning, from a nursing background) and for the next 6-9 months I'll be mobile until the garage conversion is complete. I'm paranoid about personal safety anyway, plus I've read all the threads and got some really good advice, but does anyone else get nervous when mobile working? I've had a girl contact me via Facebook messenger, even though shes online she takes 2-3 days to reply to my messages, but she still hasn't given me her details for her telephone assessment (and my chance to assess her a little bit) which I've clearly stated is mandatory before I go to the appointment. I had to cancel one appointment because she hadn't given me her details, booked her in again for Monday evening and said the assessment needs to be done tomorrow as I'm really busy over the weekend and cant guarantee a time, and nothing from her. Obviously if I don't get the assessment done I wont be doing the appointment, but am I being OTT about getting a bad feeling about it? How do you find being mobile? Thank you!

If I get the slightest bad feeling I don’t do it. I’ve been let down by humans far too many times to take anymore. Usually facebookers are like this so I stopped using it a couple years ago and life is way more pleasant.

She isn’t ready for an appointment now, but when she is she can get in touch with you and do this telephone assessment. But don’t book anything else in. By booking it you are giving her the commitment to it and then telling her she can’t have it. Some people just stoopid and don’t care about rules and are surprised when it doesn’t go their way.

But she may also just be asking questions and doing the ‘id like an appointment thing’ which is Normal for any potential client. Some may be a client immediately, others it takes 2-3 contacts to book, others like me have to see a business at least 10-15 times before we decide on it. So it’s probably not intentional though it can feel like it.

Just be strict from now on - call me then we can book it. I’d also ask for full payment or at least non-refundable deposit in advance. Funnily enough I’ve only had one person no show since I implemented them 4 years ago! You only turn off people that either won’t turn up or won’t pay you by doing it and that’s a good thing.

When someone new contacts me by call or text or message I send them a prewritten reply that says I don’t communicate on that channel but they can find out how I do things here and put a link in. They love the clearness of it. No calls, no talking, no messages. It took a while to get them into it but it’s wonderful. No my assistant gets everything and I don’t have to speak to anyone at all. My phone doesn’t even ring. Pure bliss.

Good luck!

Thank you everyone!! I really like the idea of a 'call me to book' type thing, I will definitely implement that. Thank you all xxx

Could I ask about non refundable deposits please? Is this to wheedle out timewasters? And where do we lie legally? Does it mean no deposit no booking please? I have a booking fee of £10 but it’s loose and I said if no one shows etc or cancels treatments they don’t get it back?? Should I change the wording and say non refundable?? Any responses welcome

Could I ask about non refundable deposits please? Is this to wheedle out timewasters? And where do we lie legally? Does it mean no deposit no booking please? I have a booking fee of £10 but it’s loose and I said if no one shows etc or cancels treatments they don’t get it back?? Should I change the wording and say non refundable?? Any responses welcome
Non-refundable booking fee is the terminology to use :)

Ha ha thank you xx

Honestly, if you get that bad vibe - do not go. I had this feeling, ignored it and ended up in a very scary situation!! xx

Honestly, if you get that bad vibe - do not go. I had this feeling, ignored it and ended up in a very scary situation!! xx

Totally agree- never put yourself at risk! X

Latest posts

Back