nervous, first infill on other techs work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeccaj

Reaction score
Hi I am still building my client base (very slowly) and had a call today from a woman who is wanting a rebalance for enhancements she had done in a city two hours drive from here. She has been traveling to have her nails done (I guess you would call it a NSS) but has now decided she wants to have her nails done locally.

She has heard that I do nails, as I am desperate to expand on my client base, I didn't want to turn her away, but I am really nervous. Firstly because it will be the first time I will have worked over someone elses work and secondly I know how quickly these salons do their work and it is still taking me 2 hours. I explained that I would like to see her nails before I made a decision on what would be best. Rebalance or soak off. I am thinking our prices will be about the same as I am still offering reduced prices. I guess Im nervous as I know my nails will be compared against the NSS by way of price, time, and finished product. I am Creative Trained so know my product and technique will stand up to comparison but I still cant help feeling apprehensive about the finished product and longevity of the enhancement.

ok hun...take chill pill first!!!!!... do not worry about your time...she wants her nails looking there best and so do you so this will take time....like you say...your going over someone elses work...this will take time also...if she was happy with the other nail place...she would not have phoned you...so take your time you do not want to rush because your worried about time,cos her nails will not look there best and that will reflect your standards....take deep breaths hun and enjoy the fact that you have a new client !!!xxxx:green:

If she has been to an n.s.s and she has the dreaded MMA, then likely she will have no lifting........check each enhancemnt is intact with no problems etc...and just rebalance like you would do over your own work.
It will be far beneficial to keep the existing enhancemnets on then soak off if all is well, as they may have used an efile on the natural nail , by leaving the enhancement on you will be leaving the protection on from the damage caused by an efile.
If the product is not MMA and you are not happy with the enhancemnts she has on then yes do soak off and start again.........
The only problem you may come across is because mma is sooo hard she may be used to not being quite as careful of her enhancements as we may be...so explain to her that fact that your l&p system is more flexible offering shock absorbers to keep her natural nails safe, so she cant use them like she has been.
You will be fine just take a deep breath examine the enhancements and go from there.................

thanks SJ, just what I needed. Think of the positive.

breathing , breathing. .. now off to bed, its 1.00am here. Perhaps I'll now be able to get some sleep.

Hi Joanne, I have just read your reply to my thread. Thank you so much for responding and giving me some practical advice She is due here for her rebalance in about half an hour. Just getting my self physiced with a cup of **coffee** and deep breaths. Dont know what made me jump on here and check but pleased I did. I had been worrying about whether to take off or not. Am feeling better about the whole thing. Will let you know how I get on.

not long finished. Pretty sure they were not MMA, as they filed reasonably easily. Didn't feel the need to remove. Actually dont even know if MMA is legal in NZ, perhaps another Kiwi geek could educate me.
The nails hadn't had a rebalance in 4 weeks but apart from the growth they were in pretty good shape. Absolutely no lifting, only thing I did notice was that I could see where the past 3 backfills had been done. (would that mean that the old product had not been blended enough). Anyway after all my fuss I really enjoyed looking that closely at someone elses work, and am pretty confident I have a new client as she was happy.

Latest posts

Back