netbooks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
going to get a netbook (for the boy).
Was toying between the dell or the samsung, both retailing around £250.

I was just about to make my choice and the "man in the shop" launched in with an additional £100 to put office 10 on it stating that it had no word processor abilites, not even microsoft works.

Is this right or am I being taken for a ride?

My price budget was £220 so was pushing it at an additonal £30 but when he started on about this I just fled.
I want the netbook for general homework for Master chick, so he needs word or similar, paint as he uses that facility, and google, u tube and facebook.

got to get it this week so any advice would be appreciated.

Just a quick update.

I did a search on here and re-read a thread on laptops/netbooks from the summer, and Ruth recommended a free download site for the word processing side, which looks just dandy.

I've gone ahead and ordered the samsung N150 online as I've managed to get it £35 cheaper than going to the local retailer.

I've got the new office on my computer which apparently will accept this other package and its saving me £100.

In recent years they have stopped uploading word, excel etc onto PC's and laptop's in the hope you will buy it.

But if you have already got it for another computer or a family member has it, you can upload it onto your computer. This can be normally be done 4/5 times max.

The guy at Apple tried to sell me iWork, he told me the price (£100+) and told him no its ok it's only for the net and games lol.

you can work on word files and save in lots of different formats using a free office suite available here :)

Latest posts

Back