Netting for nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karenlaw

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the netting in the picture is from Young Nails - it's a reusable foil-type netting that's heavier than fabric netting. I think you actually imprint the acrylic with it and then lift it off.

I do netting nails but use tulle netting and actually leave it on the nail (under the acrylic or gel) but of course it all depends on what your design is.

Give YN a shout and see if they still make this!

I use the netting shown in the YN pic. However rather than pay $6-8 for a very small quantity I get it at my local craft store. It's runs about 2.00 a yard. I selected the 'stiffest' tulle available one with the ovalish shape seen above, and one with a rectangular shape. I dip the tulle in clear powder, press it into the acrylic before it has set all the way, then lift it out when it looks cloudy, then I fill in the depressions left behind with a dark colored acrylic, wet. when it cures I file it off.
The 2 yards of tulle I bought for 4.00 will prob last me for a few years.

Hi. Love it, use it all the time.

Its even in my avatar pic :lol:

Thanks for the replies :) I had a look at youngs nails but I couldn't see it on their website? I had a look on ebay and there is some there. Not sure how strong it is?

Thanks for the tips. I love the look of the netting.

Ditto on the craft store and/or fabric store. Why pay more if you don't have to?

i remember asking Geeg about this one and i believe she said to use some good quality lace...forgive me if im wrong, as i still haven't gotten around to trying it out yet, so haven't looked on the thread

im hoping one of my brides will go for it when i do figure it out and take some photos to advertise - when i do ill stick them on here and see what you geeks think :)

oh ive just looked at the picture (should have done that first - doy) and realised its not a natural nail, so i think my opinion is vetoed here

Latest posts

Back