Neutral/beige toner - new colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callum91

Reaction score
Hi ~

I'm asking for a suggestion for a demi/semi/toner for after Bleach Foils for my mum.

She USED to have Wella KP 6/73 all over, with a TSection of Bleach Foils.

Last year, her hair became resistant, and wouldn't take the colour as good.
(Used to fade super quick, looked almost see-through straight away, and in general not very nice).
So we dropped to a 5/73 with some 55/0 mixed in. This is better.

She is now getting fed up of beinh majority dark, and thinks that being more blonde will be better for when her grey comes through.
(It's very grey on top, and more like random strands in the nape)

last night, I did her usual colour, but the bleach (indola +20vol) took an absaloute age to lift, and didn't lift very nicely, so that's going in the bin.
She's pleased as its blonder than what it was, but I think its a bit yellow:mad:

I'm going to buy some Matrix-VLight bleach.
But am wondering what to tone it with?
I'm kind of going off Wella, so will be looking to use Matrix :)
What can I use in Matrix to tone it with?

Our eventual aim will probably be around a level8.
I want to make it more ashy/beige first(as it's too yellow for me!), and then make it more multitonal later on.

Thanks!

8p!!!!! Amazing cool beige/pearl

Blue - Thanks for the quick reply! :)
Is that SoColor ? 10vol?20vol ? *New to matrix but looking to change ;) *
That will be enough to just tone away the yellow, yes?
(also, I want to add a bit more to my Salon Services order, to make it worth £5 delivery LOLOL)

It's in sync, get graphics ;) it's amazing! Or a 5m and 6m to try! Their beautiful

Is the 5/6M Mahogany?
I use PaulMitchell a work, so the kind of result I want to get for her is like 7/8NB (neutral Beige) with bleach highlights, so her highlights will blend fine, and wont need doing too often ;)

Would you go for the graphics over V-Light?
It just seems a lot to buy just to use on my mum :lol:

So; My shopping list so far is :
V-Light.
Sync 8P
:green:

Yeah I love the mocha range, M oh right yeah stick with v/ light just got one, I'm a bit shop happy tonight ;) u need sync activator x

I used matrix 10 p so colour today on a client she usually has 10n which usually comes up a bit warm on her this really cooled colour down but found at hairline was a slight blue tone in couple of areas will have to watch that in future rethink in 6 weeks :(

I used matrix 10 p so colour today on a client she usually has 10n which usually comes up a bit warm on her this really cooled colour down but found at hairline was a slight blue tone in couple of areas will have to watch that in future rethink in 6 weeks :(

Yeah it's hot 70% blue ash, 30% gold

Hers an example of 8p used on base 7

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335624328.660345.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335624328.660345.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 9,188
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335624384.848988.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335624384.848988.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 4,281
Ooh Blue that looks lush! So was this colour graphics H/L's with sync 8p? Ive just ordered the p's in so colour. I didn't realise they were also in sync. Next order then :)

Ooh Blue that looks lush! So was this colour graphics H/L's with sync 8p? Ive just ordered the p's in so colour. I didn't realise they were also in sync. Next order then :)

I did ul-a 32ml ul-n 5ml with 40vol, graphics blue with promoter 8 and 8p with 10vol, it was capped last time by a god awful stylist! So I alternated the graphics and ultra lift just on roots and did a lot of full. Sections with 8p x

I did ul-a 32ml ul-n 5ml with 40vol, graphics blue with promoter 8 and 8p with 10vol, it was capped last time by a god awful stylist! So I alternated the graphics and ultra lift just on roots and did a lot of full. Sections with 8p x
Looks lovely! :) so did you use sync 8p or socolour? X

Socolor hunny x

Whats the difference between so color and graphics? Used to use matrix a long time ago but they seem to add new ranges!

Whats the difference between so color and graphics? Used to use matrix a long time ago but they seem to add new ranges!

Socolor is permanent colour with cera repair oil complex for extra conditions colour and color graphics 2 is a panthenol based conditions 3 step lightning system that lifts, tones and conditions in one easy step!

Sync is seamless colour that's ammonia free tone on tone

Thanks blue rinse, so do matrix not do a semi now?

I like 8n and 8w 50/50 mix in matrix..Its a very classy blonde

I like 8n and 8w 50/50 mix in matrix..Its a very classy blonde

Ooh thanks for the tip Sharon :) newbie to Matrix, totally loving it! I ve got the new "p's" now so looking forward to using them tomorrow. X

They used to have prizms but getting rid of them slowly, but asking as you don't overlap sync its great for refreshing x

Latest posts

Back