Neutralising highlift tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caitlinnxx

Colour technician
Reaction score
Did a half head bleach highlights with a root colour in between - majirel highlift ash and ash violet. The ends were already above a level 10 and she uses silver shampoo a lot at home so the ends have grabbed on to this and appear almost white.

I toned the roots with luo po1 to removed excess yellow , when I dried it off she said it felt too warm on the root - I explained it’s probably because of the contrast from the white ends. And then showed me a Photo of highlights with a smokey root toner instead.

Is there any way I can neutralise the root any more but keeping it light they lifted to a 9.03. She is a natural 6/7 with scattered greys.

Po1 lifts the natural hair so it probably lifted her root colour and made it really warm whilst toning the highlights. I would of opted for a 9.02 or a 10.12.

Po1 lifts the natural hair so it probably lifted her root colour and made it really warm whilst toning the highlights. I would of opted for a 9.02 or a 10.12.
I used 6vol so it didn’t lift the root , Thankyou though x

I used 6vol so it didn’t lift the root , Thankyou though x

6vol ? Or 6% ?
6% (20vol) will lift one shade and will definitely lift natural tone so would have made it warm .... even a pastel / quasi developer used with a strong toner like PO1, can cause some lift to natural hair colour ..

6vol not 6% as that lifts the hair.

Latest posts

Back