Never saw this before-Gelish lifted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolla

Reaction score
Client came for re-Gelish with nothing to soak off...shows me this pic...(came off after 1 week)

It's never happened in my 2yrs of doing hundreds and hundreds of sets, she said they peeled up at the side walls and free edge and came away quite easily - I believe her as she had no white damage/pull marks at all... :confused: This client always comes back with no issues...?? She also had structure gel on.

Any ideas why?!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1372461083078.jpg
    1372461083078.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 490
She taken any new medication?
Started on the Pill? Estrogen Tablets? Thyroxin?
Had a hot bath with bath oils?
Swimming for lengthy time in strong Chlorine Baths??

Could be anything... I wouldnt expect its something you've done...

Looks like base coat forgotten or oil not removed from the nail to me.

Sleeping Beauty, its unlikely any of your suggestions are the cause. Doug Schoon has explained that medication is rarely the cause of lifting; if an overlay is correctly applied and bonded only acetone will break those bonds. The answer 'could be anything' doesn't really help! It is 'something'

Their was definitely some barrier between the product and the nail plate and it is significant that it is all ten nails affected.. Something prevented the gel from sticking.

Another thing the great Doug Schoon says ... If a product peels off the plate with no damage, then the product was never adhered to the plate in the first place.

I agree with Marian ... Lolla I'm assuming you've had no similar incidents with anyone since? If you had then bulbs might play a part. Could be something as simple as a slip in concentration and a vital step was missed out. I think we have all done that at one time or another.

Last edited:
I think I'll have to accept defeat on this one and put it down to a lapse in concentration, as you say Geeg. I didn't miss any steps (this client does notice if I miss something!) so something must have been contaminated along the line...but the mind boggles as never had anyone else with any problems from that day...or at all really!

Thanks for your input ladies :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Maybe missed foundation? Or used top coat instead? You'll probably drive yourself mad thinking about it'll remain a mystery!

Perhaps you put the structure gel down first before foundation gel? I notice I did that mistake once and all ten of my nails peeled off exactly like this

Latest posts

Back