Never thought naming a nail salon would be so hard !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailz73

Reaction score
HI everyone... just having a let off steam day lol..

i never though that naming my nail salon would be soo flippin hard, everyname i come up with is taken ..

So far i have come up with
Sara-Louise (nails & Beauty)

Nailusions
Devonique (as i live in devon, this doesnt quite sound right though..)
Mimosa
Touch of Perfection (T.O.P nails & beauty)

I did however choose Younique, but then i find there are quite a few none and nail/beauty/health business with Younique.. i have played around with so many words my head is now about to burst open lol..

Is it better to stay on the simple, personal own name route or for something more exotic that people will think .. cool.. like to go there ??

if anyone has any other suggestions that they may like to share it would be so valuably appreciated..

Sara

Hi I just used my name and added hands,tans'n'feet it says it all I think :)

if you want Devon what about Devonesque Nail & Beauty?

or
Terrific Tipz lol
Top Tipz

I'll shut up now lol

I like Sara-Louise and Touch of Perfection x

Thanks all xx am still tweaking it at the moment, m down to a few, Nailusions, Venusia, Orchid, panache and also the very simple Sara-Louse lol.. am miss indescisive..

I like orchid.

I dont knwo if you just do nails or if you do all beauty but if you picked a name like nailusions it could suggest to people you only do nails.

Just a thought.

xxx

How about something simple like

Bliss :D

I had a heck of a time with mine, but ended up with Transformations Lash Studio & Salon. Transformations popped into my head after hearing a song.
You have to watch out for a few things.
My Logo designer wanted to punch me because it's so long and won't fit right on anything. Also you have to think about how it works when answering the phone... "Transformations, this is Aubrey." Or what are the local kids going to shorten it to... " Have you been over to Trannies?" I didn't think about that one! (I really hope they don't say that)

Good luck!

Some great suggestions there! :D
How about Devons beauty spot! - Bit of a pun, & also might come up a bit when people google Devon etc! x

I dont really do name suggestions because I think that the name of your business in whatever field youre in is an extension of yourself, so when playing with the names you have come up with, you will know which one is the right 'fit'

I would in only my opinion though, not go with a name that just implies that you do nails as I know other therapists have started as nail techs or manicurists and had a name that just has nails in it, then they qualified in beauty or tanning and had to decide whether to change the name or find a way to make it clear they offer to me. People do get around the problem but I would personally prefer not to have it in the first place.

Always go with a name that fits with what you and your business are about.

Good luck with the new venture

I dont really do name suggestions because I think that the name of your business in whatever field youre in is an extension of yourself, so when playing with the names you have come up with, you will know which one is the right 'fit'

I would in only my opinion though, not go with a name that just implies that you do nails as I know other therapists have started as nail techs or manicurists and had a name that just has nails in it, then they qualified in beauty or tanning and had to decide whether to change the name or find a way to make it clear they offer to me. People do get around the problem but I would personally prefer not to have it in the first place.

Always go with a name that fits with what you and your business are about.

Good luck with the new venture

Hi Lisa

I do agree, thanks for all of your advices.. am still dillying with names though lol.. nice for people to roll them around a bit get another persons look on things..

i will get there before the end of July lol..

Sara x

I have to agree that naming your business is a very personal thing.
But I do suggest thinking on the 'image' you want to project with the name and what kind of logo/site design/salon design etc you'd be using.

That will help.

Mine is ridiculously simple.

"Ongles Chez Victoria" (I'm in Montreal Quebec... so french is by LAW).
Which translate means "Nails At Victoria's".
And since i work at home......... makes a tonne of sense LOL

Latest posts

Back