New academy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrinew16

Reaction score
Hello...

This is my first salon geek post in years.

I will be managing a beauty academy from
January 2019.

It’s not been trading as academy since late last year, so I’ll be pretty much starting from scratch.

I believe that word of mouth is the best form of advertisement and I have been using reviews of my previous courses to promote.

I have a lot of completion in the area, so I was just wondering if anyone has any tips to help me stand out from the rest?

Is it ok to hold masterclasses/workshops? For example, I was thinking of maybe offering a free gel polish workshop with manicure and pedicure courses, so that students could have a taste of what it is like to work with gel polish products as well as normal polish.

I’m just trying to think of ways to offer value for money offers without putting myself out of pocket.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

I will be offering the following...

Level 2 beauty (not funded)
Manicure & Pedicure
Lash Lift
Lashes
Body Massage
Facials
Spray Tans
Gel Polish
Waxing
Make Up
Blowdries
Braiding

Have a clear and concise website, don't offer too much for free or people will wonder why it's so cheap. Get past students to write you testimonials for your website. Have a good calendar offering a range of dates for each course.

Latest posts

Back