New and a little disappointed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't put acrylic over the top of polish it goes yellow. If anything just do clear acrylic and then manicure on the white afterwards!!

OMG really!! :eek: :eek: and how can I make it last? I mean, if I manicure it above the acrylic what can I do to make that polish last at least 2 weeks without chipping?? I can,t use UV gel top coat to seal, since I have zero idea of gel and how to manipulate it, and the standard polish top coat aren,t enough to guarantee the manicure will last that long :( :( any tips?

Why you would apply acrylic twice it doesnt make sense to me .If your using a clear tip with either clear acrylic or transparant you would only apply acrylic once in 3 zones Paint dry and finish you would not put acrylic over your paint job I would advice some training try crystal nails

Maybe I confused you a bit with my comment, I know is a bit mixed I apologize since my english is not that good. I don,t apply clear acrylic twice, just once above the entire nail when I had finished, what I do apply in zone 1 before is painting the white smile but with white polish not white acrylic :lol:

Hi

Normally a standard nail polish will last well over acrylic enhancements.

You should if using clear tips, do all your work, prep, tip, apply your acrylic in all zones, buff and file to finish and then if they want French paint a white tip on and then topcoat, it should last fine if using a good polish, polish only normally chips on natural nails and this is because the natural nail is a lot more pliable so bends easy causing chipping, l&p enhancements are more rigid and hard so don't, you just get occ rubbing wear on the capped free edge which is fine.

You shouldn't put polish between two layers of acrylic, its pointless and that in itself will make your enhancement thicker. Plus polish takes a while to dry so could still be wet and possibly cause service breakdown :)

OMG really!! :eek: :eek: and how can I make it last? I mean, if I manicure it above the acrylic what can I do to make that polish last at least 2 weeks without chipping?? I can,t use UV gel top coat to seal, since I have zero idea of gel and how to manipulate it, and the standard polish top coat aren,t enough to guarantee the manicure will last that long :( :( any tips?

Maybe I confused you a bit with my comment, I know is a bit mixed I apologize since my english is not that good. I don,t apply clear acrylic twice, just once above the entire nail when I had finished, what I do apply in zone 1 before is painting the white smile but with white polish not white acrylic :lol:

Yes as other poster says normal polish will last find on acrylic enhancements but if you want to be sure then just purchase a good top cost like seche vite and it will defo last!

Thanks for reply guys.

I use Opi top coat it is good? Or does seche vite is better?. I only use Opi, finger paints and color club polish are they good enough?.

:o

are you saying you apply your acrylic over nail polish?, i'm sure this wouldn't be giving the acrylic the right adhesion to the nail bed.?

in regards to polish on top of acrylic. you simply need a UV GEL TOPCOAT which can be cured under a UV LAMP for 2 MiNUTES,

you apply this like a polish, you do not need to know how to use gel products to be able to use it.

Also, Maybe take a picture after every set of nails you do, as you can then later look at them for reference to see if you did maybe go wrong and where to improve.

you can buy a cover pink to extend the nail bed for when you are using clear tips, maybe youtube, " extending nail bed "

Hope this helps a little xx

Thanks for reply guys.

I use Opi top coat it is good? Or does seche vite is better?. I only use Opi, finger paints and color club polish are they good enough?.

:o

I use opi too they are great- but I got seche vite topcoat as it's highly recommended it's fast drying and popular among nail techs! Opi do a gel polish top coat too but using gel topcoat can cause normal polish to bubble if it's painted over the top of normal polish that hasn't dryed fully or properly. So be careful!

Ok :) seche vite then.

Would love to try the Opi gel top coat, but I,m still getting my feet wet with acrylic before I enter to the gel world. So, will go with seche firts.

Latest posts

Back