New and need advice re courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah04

Reaction score
hello i need a bit of advice i have just bought a course through essential nails the sculptured nails and the overlays course, i have been wanting to get into doing nails for a while but with the kids i would never have the time to go to college. (no one to watch the kids) in your opinon are these courses any good or would you recomend me to go to college also i am just so confused i also intend to be a mobile technician once and if i pass will this be enough???
thanks
sarah :lol:

I started with the essential nails course but personally i found working alone in front of a dvd was too difficult so Im currently at a college instead, but thats just me. some people on this site may think different, do a search on different types of training . hth good luck x

hello i need a bit of advice i have just bought a course through essential nails the sculptured nails and the overlays course, i have been wanting to get into doing nails for a while but with the kids i would never have the time to go to college. (no one to watch the kids) in your opinon are these courses any good or would you recomend me to go to college also i am just so confused i also intend to be a mobile technician once and if i pass will this be enough???
thanks
sarah :lol:
Hi Sarah

I did essential nails acrylics course and I am currently on the maintenance course. I feel very confident in my abilities. I have a 7yr old girl and have now been in business for 1 month today. I have been very happy with their course and their support they are always at the end of the phone or email. The only thing I struggled with was disaplining myself to sit down and do it but it has been worth it. I also went to the beauty acaedmy to do the manicure and pedicure course to add some other services to my portfolio. I think it's a great way to get into the industry just set time aside to do it and stick to it regardless :mad:) hth hun.x

Hi Sarah

I did essential nails acrylics course and I am currently on the maintenance course. I feel very confident in my abilities. I have a 7yr old girl and have now been in business for 1 month today. I have been very happy with their course and their support they are always at the end of the phone or email. The only thing I struggled with was disaplining myself to sit down and do it but it has been worth it. I also went to the beauty acaedmy to do the manicure and pedicure course to add some other services to my portfolio. I think it's a great way to get into the industry just set time aside to do it and stick to it regardless :mad:) hth hun.x

I totally agree, i am doing l&p with them and have to make time to do it. They are also gonna be doing some new course in the new year.
moz-screenshot.jpg
:biggrin:
Hope that helps.:D

I believe you would learn far more in a class room environment and as has already been said most companies do foundation courses that are only short but give great education,
and you will gain far more confidence in a class room hth :hug:

Ive done the EN gel and maintenance course and loved it, but what works for some doesnt always work for others!! as im sure many geeks will tell you!! Good lcuk with it hun im sure you will do well xx:hug:

Thanks everyone for their replys all my stuff came today i've had a right good look through it all just need to get everyone settled to do it i'm really gonna have to sit down (not so easy when i got 4 kids from7yrs to 6months) but i want to do this for me wish me luck anyways and i'll keep you posted on how i get on!
sarah x

Good luck keep us posted hun xx:hug:

I have just completed the Acrylics Overlay course with them and awaiting for my results.

I found it really hard work making myself sit down for hours on end going over the same nail sizes on the same hand but i got there in the end....well thats if i did any good that is...will soon find out! lol

The course wasn't enough for me and i want to go on and learn much more so i have booked a foundation course with Creative.

If you come across any problems along the way just shout or do a search on here, there are many threads with problem solving hints and tips also quite a few of EN gals here too. :hug:

Best of luck hun xx

I think maybe your question has come a little late as you have already shelled out the money for the EN course already!! :lol:

You have your 'plate full' with 4 young children and finding the discipline, time and motivation to complete the course will not be easy and probably neither will any other option for you at this time in your life.

The answer to your question, in my humble opinion, is NO the EN course will not be enough to get you competently into working in the industry, but you should instead view it as the first step in on going training which can then be done and completed with a company such as Creative Nail Design/CND which has a huge reputation for excellent class room based training and turns out (in the main ... not everyone has it!! :lol: ) excellent nail technicians with a high degree of skill.

Thanks everyone for their replys all my stuff came today i've had a right good look through it all just need to get everyone settled to do it i'm really gonna have to sit down (not so easy when i got 4 kids from7yrs to 6months) but i want to do this for me wish me luck anyways and i'll keep you posted on how i get on!
sarah x

Hi Sarah

And welcome to the site.

I think your first point of call is to read through all the paper work you have received and the call the companys and ask any further question you may have.

There are a few very good companys here which all have good reputations and staff of a high skill level with years of industry experience.

I suggesst you take your time in making the correct decision for you. On a personal level I have trained with Creative, Nsi Ezflow and have now settled with www.youngnails.co.uk for me Education is the key and you can never get enough.

Hope this helps:hug:

Latest posts

Back