New Barry M polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlushBeauty1

Reaction score
My friend came round to mine last night and she had a new barry m polish on, its hard to explain but basically you put a coloured polish on your nail wait for it to dry then apply this black polish ontop! It makes a unique design for your nails. Ive put the link below because its too hard to explain lol!

Instant Nail Effects - Make-up Tutorials - Barry M

dare i say it - but i actually really like barry M polishes - only cos im a big lover of the matt and cream look ones - the glitter ones are really good especially for heavy coverage and you get a really nice solid colour with them if that makes sense - always pop a few in my bag for fashion shades and a few flicks and dots etc

ive seen the crackle glaze one - i think it has been sold out in a lot of places x

haha I quite like them too!! aww I never thought about that, I'll have a look later today, I know you can get them online so I might do that! x

superdrug usually have them on 2 for a fiver if that helps x

Fab, thanks :) x

I really like the color selection you get with Barry M polishes too, Ive used them a fair bit and the baby pink shade they do is a personal fave of mine.

That nail effects one looks nice I saw it the other day, it sort of cracks over the nail polish underneath to leave behind the effect doesnt it!

Fab colors and like somebody above says, for the solid color... but they do tend to get v. gloopy. Ok for your self and nail art etc!

The blue glitter they do is a nice effective polish- only over a blue base though I find.

Last edited:
Looks interesting :) I like some of the high street brands of polish myself but sadly I found that some of the BarryM shades just don't apply very nicely and they seem to take an eternity to dry for me :( I apply thin coats, use a quality base coat ut never manage to get to topcoat stage without some type of smudge or mark :(

I've never seen anything like that before!

I remember a loooong time ago my mom bought something just like that. I think it was Cover Girl though. I think it was just called "Crackle" or something along those line. I dont think they make it anymore though. From what I remember the Cover Girl one was horrible and I dont remember it working at all.

Never seen this before guess what I shall be purchasing tommorow :) x

OPI are bringing out their own version of this effect. Think it's being launched in Jan 2011 .x.

I rember something like this to think my sister had it when I was wee

My mum defiantly has used something ALOT like it for years ! to age furniture that she dose one stroke on .... strangely though the stuff she uses takes hours before you see the change!

this stuff is basically instant ! I believe they work by shrinking back after you paint it on , so it looks crackled but its sort of cos your mind looks the gaps and not the coulours....

its fun though reminds me of alligator skin (fake of course)
had a play with some old Pre done tips , the pink is girl pink cnd the one with the glitter is sugar sparkle effect cnd .

mizzy_dizzy-albums-other+stuff-picture32672-bmefect.jpg

Dare I say !!! This is very low Market and highstreet as prev post said superdrug!!!!

Come on ladies this is prof website, and this is not a new thing.

Barry m is very low end ptoduct I would never ever advise to use on paying clients .

Just my opnion, xx

Dare I say !!! This is very low Market and highstreet as prev post said superdrug!!!!

Come on ladies this is prof website, and this is not a new thing.

Barry m is very low end ptoduct I would never ever advise to use on paying clients .

Just my opnion, xx

Oh hun stop being so ridged its something fun ....
ok so CND dont sell on high street well they do in salons!
and yes barryM is not a pro brand no one is trying to pass it off as being one or talking of selling it to there clients.......
you know its FUN!
most techs use acrylic paint and glitter from art shops! Geeg was talking about glass files from the market ! and im sure there is a thread around here with posts about PED EGGS! but your not on there posts telling them to be more professional are you ?

its not always what you have sometimes its how you use it that makes it good you know!

Who said CND? I'm sorry I was just saying Barry 'm is very highstreet And not professional?? Come on really do you think that it's a good enamel? Brush? Xc

I said CND , I also use and love it as I know you do .. it was my example.....

do I think barry M is a grate polish ?......no ...but I dont use it ... I saw this liked the idea and have tryed it....
my self and the other people on this thread wear only discusing it , no its not some whoop de do new technolegy crackle glaze has been around forever! but it is interesting ... are we not aloued to talk about intresting things ? as pros ? maybe its the nail art options that are interesting ? maybe its just something to talk about ? who knows ?

like someone else said OPI is comming out with something like this in 2011 ... if they already did and we wear talking about that now would that be ok ?

No I'm sorry mizzy you are missing my point completley as I may be missing yours aswell and of that's so I'm sorry :( xxx

I am very uniform with my products and find it very hard to like a non pro product ,,,, I'm sorry. I am not very artistic just a natural kinda girl.

No offence intended I just find any other brush than my beloved CND very hard to work with xxx

Hun I know your uniform in your products thats why I brought up CND, I know your proud of your loyalty to the brand ... not a bad thing at all but sometimes you need to try things before you knock them !
even if it is just for market reserch! x
:hug:

So very true . To the likes of me and you whom can compare is great however to any new comer u feel it's important to stress the importance of pro products v highstreet products and why they are better.(as we know) )

I can come across harsh at times , Im sorry I just hate it when opinions get confused with Fact xxx

I think most newbies know the diffrence and when they dont they learn soon enough,
but it is worth making that point :)

Latest posts

Back