New Bio Sculpture Sculpting Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Lindsay I have to say that you have been totally supportive of bio from the start and beyond many of us and are second to none in supporting the bio geeks on here and theres a big thank you due for that. :hug:

Trouble is their colours ARE superb and I havent found a comparable as yet and for that reason I stick with them. If someone came along with a coloured gel which came darned close then I think they would find themselves in bother perhaps. Surely they are short sightedly complacent ?

What held me back from Biosculpture was 2 things.

1....i needed a good STRONG gel to sculpt with....something i felt Bio was lacking in.

2.....i needed good back up and excellent customer support,and not to be made feeling like it was a priveledge to stock it:eek:

Now if pont 1 has been rectified,then that is brilliant,but why oh why not tell you as a loyal and supportive customer of them.

I have trawled through posts here on the search engine,and i have to say in Lindsays,Theresas,and Karens defence,as well as many others the sheer loyalty and dedication of biosculpture as a brand and what it can do....thier lack of disrespect to the client as a company is absolutely despicable i feel,and that is such a shame:rolleyes:

It is such a shame that something so revolutionary as a new sculpting strong gel can just be "something not to tell anybody"....as a brand manager i would be contacting the salons my self shouting it from the rooftops and be proud of it:green:

And as for someone contacting you Lyndsey...well it just goes to show:irked:

Well - I have bitten the bullet and have rang my local Bio rep. There was no body there so have had to leave a message for them to ring me back so we will wait and see what happens.

I will keep you all posted.

Good old Biosculpture, keeping their customers informed of new products - NOT!

I remember some of us learnt about the S-gel on here from someone who doesnt live in England!:eek: - I did!

Havent heard of it at all....They need to sort out that clear gel too!
And the s gel gel , the fact it goes all gooey 3/4 of the way into the pot,and the white gel how it goes grey on the nail after 2 weeks,erm what else the minimium order £40,but when ever you phone them they say eerr i think you should come back for more training,spose thats what ll have to do if i wanna try this new gel out everyones mentioned,ive just converted to Ezflow,prefer to spend my doe with them,i ll give Bio a call when i need some colours, but then i have to spend £40 which is really frustrating.

Perhaps its the 'top' that are not passing the info on to the regionals.

It may not be available as yet - but I read about a new sculpting gel on their site ages ago (think it was on the tutorials) and thought it must be the 's' gel.

Ah its such a shame - get you by boll oxes and then nowt...

Perhaps its the 'top' that are not passing the info on to the regionals.

Personally I don't think this is the case.....if you look at the Bio website and check out the 'regions', 2 of them belong to the same family. They cover a lot of the South, The Midlands, the North West and Wales. My personal opinion is that its in these 2 regions that the problem lies. Looking at the areas that the Bio geeks on here are from, the ones that are unhappy invariably are from one of these areas. Oh and unfortunately its only this region holder that has also imposed the £40 minimum spend, which in another thread they said was for postage reasons. Well, I collect my orders and they tried to impose it on me:rolleyes:. I dug my heels in, produced a printed copy ogf the thread....and finally they relented, but surely it shouldn't have to come to that?

Unfortunately they are only interested in making money....ok, so we all want to do that, but I want to work in partnership with my suppliers, as others on here seem keen to do. I take the attitude that if they support me, help me grow, I'll do the same for them. I feel that my regional supplier has absolutely no loyalty to me....they seem me as a purely a short term spender and spend their time and energy working out how much more money they can sting me for, without looking at the long term picture.

I beleive Elmien Scholtz to be an excellent business woman.....with a very caring attitude to her customers and how to service them. I can only believe that somewhere in the Uk someone is pulling a very thick piece of wool over her eyes!

Ah well thats shed a total different light on things and totally explains why so many people on here are so hacked off and every right to be.

I have a great relationship with my regional and they really are a great bunch so Im lucky.

I would be spitting feathers if I had a minimum spend of £40 (not that I spend any less than that per order).

But I have not been notified by my regional about this new gel - seems the guild is the only source of news on this product... Iv looked on their site and originally when I saw a note on a new sculpting gel - was last year and atarted a post on it...it doesnt mention this gel now.

Well I finally got my call back from the Midlands Bio Sculpture rep today so I drilled her about this "new" gel - To cut along story short I didnt really get the answer we all wanted but I do have a little more info:

This new Free Edge Gel is officially launched form January (although it is technically available now). They do recommend that you attend a 2 hour workshop for the correct application technique of this gel, but to date there is only March and June planned for Ellesmere Port!

It is a lighter colour than the sculpting gel and is used to sculpt up to the smile line and not the free edge.

They did agree in the end to allow us to order this new gel before attending the workshop to try it out. It is priced the same price as the other Bio Gels. I asked if it could be set out to me with no postage charge as I did place an order last week and was never informed about this new gel - and guess what they said - erm - NO! So i refused to place an order for it!

I explained that we were a little confused about it being advertised before we were told about it and well - didnt really get a good enough answer to that one either. They said that all the info for this new gel will be in the next Bio Newsletter - that we never get!

I suggest that if you want to try it out place an order for it, but I hope you manage to get info on it easier than I did.

good luck Bio peeps. x x x

All i can say is object with your feet and convert to Calgel.Their clear gel is already strong, their customer service excellent,they have free continuous training workshops to iron out problems and to become proficient.No minimum order and if you live near Luton you can pick up your order and an added bonus is there is a beauty wholesalers next door.
The only downside i can see is that they are not so well known ,but this is changing and their colour range is not as large, which is also changing as they increase their range.In any case they still do beautiful colours there is still something for all people and all seasons plus a range of glitters and nail art gels.They do also do nail art classes.
I dont think you can find one thread on here that is negative about Calgel as a company. At the end of the day they are after bio sculptures crown and if bio arnt careful it looks like its only a matter of time before they get it.

I dont think you can find one thread on here that is negative about Calgel as a company. At the end of the day they are after bio sculptures crown and if bio arnt careful it looks like its only a matter of time before they get it.

Customer service wise I totally agree with you, althouth personally I believe on product, for me, when you take the colour range and supporting products etc into account, Bio has the edge (and yes I've done like for like comparison....Bio does have a superb support range - and I don't just mean prep products)

Thats what is so frustrating. If I could convert free....I would do it. But Calgel want a high enough price for kit and training that it needs very careful consideration.....kit I don't mind as I'd use it, but my business simply can't afford to fork out training for another product when I have one that does the job!

Customer service wise I totally agree with you, althouth personally I believe on product, for me, when you take the colour range and supporting products etc into account, Bio has the edge (and yes I've done like for like comparison....Bio does have a superb support range - and I don't just mean prep products)

Thats what is so frustrating. If I could convert free....I would do it. But Calgel want a high enough price for kit and training that it needs very careful consideration.....kit I don't mind as I'd use it, but my business simply can't afford to fork out training for another product when I have one that does the job!

You would only need an overlay kit for £235 plus vat, one day training is in with that and you are away. There is well over £150 pound of product in that kit.They say enough product for 35 overlays ,plus products for retail and marketing you would easily get back what you spent.

You would only need an overlay kit for £235 plus vat, one day training is in with that and you are away. There is well over £150 pound of product in that kit.They say enough product for 35 overlays ,plus products for retail and marketing you would easily get back what you spent.

You sound like you should be a Calgel rep...you're wasted applying the stuff, and should sell it!

I do know exactly where you are coming from, but £235+VAT with Bio would buy me a lot more than 35 overlays....

I know there is some sense in it, but I need to reach that conclusion in my head myself. If I convert, it will be when i've no doubt thats its the best move for my business as opposed to being driven to it through frustration! After all, I have a number of clients that would also leave as they are that loyal to the product....and some have tried Calgel too, and still stay loyal to Bio! (They don't have to deal with the suppliers!)

However I do assure you I'm giving it all some serious thought....I just love my Bio product and I know it soooooo well. I know Calgel is good....I did manage to get my hands on some samples, but its very much 50 / 50 at the mo...and thats not good enough reason to spend £250+.....................yet!

Well I finally got my call back from the Midlands Bio Sculpture rep today so I drilled her about this "new" gel - To cut along story short I didnt really get the answer we all wanted but I do have a little more info:

This new Free Edge Gel is officially launched form January (although it is technically available now). They do recommend that you attend a 2 hour workshop for the correct application technique of this gel, but to date there is only March and June planned for Ellesmere Port!

It is a lighter colour than the sculpting gel and is used to sculpt up to the smile line and not the free edge.

They did agree in the end to allow us to order this new gel before attending the workshop to try it out. It is priced the same price as the other Bio Gels. I asked if it could be set out to me with no postage charge as I did place an order last week and was never informed about this new gel - and guess what they said - erm - NO! So i refused to place an order for it!

I explained that we were a little confused about it being advertised before we were told about it and well - didnt really get a good enough answer to that one either. They said that all the info for this new gel will be in the next Bio Newsletter - that we never get!

I suggest that if you want to try it out place an order for it, but I hope you manage to get info on it easier than I did.

good luck Bio peeps. x x x
so with the new sculpting gel can you not use it over a form then i take it,sorry theresa, i am slightly baffled:rolleyes::lol:

You sound like you should be a Calgel rep...you're wasted applying the stuff, and should sell it!

I do know exactly where you are coming from, but £235+VAT with Bio would buy me a lot more than 35 overlays....

I know there is some sense in it, but I need to reach that conclusion in my head myself. If I convert, it will be when i've no doubt thats its the best move for my business as opposed to being driven to it through frustration! After all, I have a number of clients that would also leave as they are that loyal to the product....and some have tried Calgel too, and still stay loyal to Bio! (They don't have to deal with the suppliers!)

However I do assure you I'm giving it all some serious thought....I just love my Bio product and I know it soooooo well. I know Calgel is good....I did manage to get my hands on some samples, but its very much 50 / 50 at the mo...and thats not good enough reason to spend £250+.....................yet!

yeah know exactly where you are coming from.You do get used to a product and especially as you have a good client base on it.Madness from bio sculpture isn't it that they still haven't sorted out their customer service.

so with the new sculpting gel can you not use it over a form then i take it,sorry theresa, i am slightly baffled:rolleyes::lol:

Yes Gabi -you would sculpt with a form, but with the original sculpting gel you only sculpted to just over the free edge - you didnt go up to the smile line. The way I understand this is that the new free edge gel is applied in a similar way to the way that traditional harder gels. the new free edge gel is used to create the smile line too.

Does that Help? probably as clear as mud.

but with the original sculpting gel you only sculpted to just over the free edge - you didnt go up to the smile line.

Totally off topic, but....have your tried the original sculpting gel as a bonder layer if sculpting? Very thinly used it works ace, then you can extend a free dge and even get away with a no suilk sculpt if its not too long....as you have a less defined overlap/smile area....and you can leave it natural for a slightly opaque look or use a coverage colour OTT and it really gives a good coverage then!

Grrrrr. see...I know my Bio so well. I hate that I know the product so well and could probably show some of them a thing or two....and they treat me like POO! :irked:

Totally off topic, but....have your tried the original sculpting gel as a bonder layer if sculpting? Very thinly used it works ace, then you can extend a free dge and even get away with a no suilk sculpt if its not too long....as you have a less defined overlap/smile area....and you can leave it natural for a slightly opaque look or use a coverage colour OTT and it really gives a good coverage then!

Grrrrr. see...I know my Bio so well. I hate that I know the product so well and could probably show some of them a thing or two....and they treat me like POO! :irked:

Pass that one by me again - so you can extend the smile line this way like a custom blend? does it not look a funny colour on the nail? You are going to have to show me this one I think.

Pass that one by me again - so you can extend the smile line this way like a custom blend? does it not look a funny colour on the nail? You are going to have to show me this one I think.

Happy to show you, but basically, you use the sculpting gel as a bonder layer over the whole nail (thinly), then extend the nail, also using the sculpting gel (thicker layer).

Because the free edge is thicker, it looks like natural free edge still, but as you already have a slightly opaque looking effect on the nail from the sculpting gel, it means you can use it to the nails natural smile line as opposed to just a little overlap.

Look at the natural sculpts in my gallery....if you look very carefully you can see the natural nail under the sculpt, as I didn't take my nails right down before i did them. Basically what I'm saying is, if I had used thin layer of sculpting gel over the whole nail, and then taken the sculpting gel on the FE to where my natural smile line is, it would have got rid of that line you can see in the FE and left a nice opaque look on the nail. Or I could have filled with a coverage pink and it would have been well..... pink

Oh god I'm confusing myself now.....another glass of wine please Graeme! xxx

Happy to show you, but basically, you use the sculpting gel as a bonder layer over the whole nail (thinly), then extend the nail, also using the sculpting gel (thicker layer).

Because the free edge is thicker, it looks like natural free edge still, but as you already have a slightly opaque looking effect on the nail from the sculpting gel, it means you can use it to the nails natural smile line as opposed to just a little overlap.

Look at the natural sculpts in my gallery....if you look very carefully you can see the natural nail under the sculpt, as I didn't take my nails right down before i did them. Basically what I'm saying is, if I had used thin layer of sculpting gel over the whole nail, and then taken the sculpting gel on the FE to where my natural smile line is, it would have got rid of that line you can see in the FE and left a nice opaque look on the nail. Or I could have filled with a coverage pink and it would have been well..... pink

Oh god I'm confusing myself now.....another glass of wine please Graeme! xxx

I think I get you - going to have a play about with that one now I think - will keep you posted.

Bio is lucky to have you as such a loyal customers.

I have to say, I use both and I do prefer Bio.

As mentioned, the colour range is more extensive but I find the Bio colours more opaque. I find the Bio royal clear can be cured to death without yellowing, but the Calgel clear does yellow if you overcure it.

Another small thing, I also prefer the Bio product remover - somehow they've effectively masked the acetone smell and made it smell good :eek: the Calgel remover smell drives me mad.

Just little things, but given a choice I'll take Bio. Of course I don't have the customer service problems over here to deal with.

Not crazy about the S Gel though. :confused:

I also have clients that will ONLY have Bio!

Latest posts

Back