New Bio Sculpture Sculpting Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The loyalty clients have to bio is unmatched.

I also think that the gel colours are so rich that it look better than nail varnish painted nails.

None of the ads I see for calgel dont look that good - especially for colours, and thats why I have never fancied converting to calgel.

I also noticed calgel is sold on EZ nails in the USA.

HI, this is free edge gel, it is very easy to use, and very, very strong. you can go in and do a couple of hours training i believe,
hope this helps

Have you tried it perfectclaws?

As mentioned above, for techs that have already done the sculpting training you dont need to be trained again so this can be ordered without the additional training.

As some of you know this Free Edge gel we are discussing here is featured in this months Scratch and has some info I am not sure about i.e. - "you can use 3 later os the new solid formula to create the strongest enhancements". so I read from this Scratch insert that it can be used over the whole nail and not just the free edge!

Erm - perfectclaws - has your post from early on today on this thread been deleted?

All the info is in SCRATCH jan issue. page 34-35

Bio's birthday is 2008 so they are launching new packaging and a new improved clear gel. If it is clear that you guys sculpt with then that is the new one.
It did not say a date for the launch just that it is in 2008.
hope that helps.
personally I love Calgel but you are right about the colours, Bio have far more and lovelier ones than Calgel but Calgel is a stronger gel IMHO.

All the info is in SCRATCH jan issue. page 34-35

Bio's birthday is 2008 so they are launching new packaging and a new improved clear gel. If it is clear that you guys sculpt with then that is the new one.
It did not say a date for the launch just that it is in 2008.
hope that helps.
personally I love Calgel but you are right about the colours, Bio have far more and lovelier ones than Calgel but Calgel is a stronger gel IMHO.

Thanks Debbie

We dont sculpt with the clear at the minute we use a sculpting gel, but to get any form of strength to it we have to use silk too. The new "Free Edge Gel" which is going to be the new sculpting gel has already launched but I guess from the scratch feature that I mentioned above the new clear gel will be later this year.

Would be interested to see if any of you have tried the new Free Edge Gel yet?

Last edited:
Thanks Debbie

We dont sculpt with the clear at the minute we use a sculpting gel, but to get any form of strength to it we have to use silk too. The new "Free Edge Gel" which is going to be the new sculpting gel has already launched but I guess from the scratch feature that I mentioned above the new clear gel will be later this year.

Would be interested to see if any of you have tried the new Free Edge Gel yet?
I questioned them at fleet,about the news sculpting gel,and as i recall was told when i did my training in March,there would be training on it,as it is strong....what put me off before was the sculpting method of applying the silk on top....i wanted a sculpting gel that would be strong,although i had sculpted gels on me that had been used with the sculpture silk,and that was strong itself....i am still undetered by what i have read....my gut feeling is still Bio...:)

I questioned them at fleet,about the news sculpting gel,and as i recall was told when i did my training in March,there would be training on it,as it is strong....what put me off before was the sculpting method of applying the silk on top....i wanted a sculpting gel that would be strong,although i had sculpted gels on me that had been used with the sculpture silk,and that was strong itself....i am still undetered by what i have read....my gut feeling is still Bio...:)

Yes - I think they will include it in your training Gabi - they mentioned to me they were going to change the sculpting course.

I am going to order some this week so I will let you know what I think.

I'm keen to give the new Free Edge Gel a try too ... think I'll get some with my next order.

Am watching this space though, as am interested to see what the first reviews on this new gel are like.

Tell me about it, :rolleyes: I only found out about this new gel, because I read the latest edition of the Scratch Magazine (January 2008) and it gives you the total load down. Not even my mate knew and shes the type to find out about everything 1st:!:...... (This is a great site by the way, I cant believe I didnt know about this earlier....)
-~-

This bugs the hell out of me too! I even placed an order with them this week and it wasnt mentioned - I didnt receive a news letter with the order either!

You think they would be breaking their necks to tell us about this!

I love Bio, it is easy to apply & is so natural looking....

Yay... I may be of some help, I'm new! Got my kit yesterday and my letter said there is a new gel out called FREE EDGE GEL, to use instead of sculpture gel and silk, apparently this gel is much stronger and more rigid, also the name of the gel comes from the fact that when the free edge of the nailis is sculptured with the gel it has a natural white finish that resembles the natural nail once cured. There is also something called the DUAL CLEANSER to replace the sanitizer and nail poliosh remover as it does the job of them both.

I see they haven't made any effort at all then to improve things after they promised they would! Might be about 6 months ago now when everyone was really fed up with Bio not keeping us informed, and charging too much for postage, and lots of other niggles, I actually wrote and told them they had an awful lot of unhappy techs.

They promised they would be making changes to improve their service to us. Doesn't look like they have then! If I remember right I wasn't the only one who told them either.

Much as I love Bio one thing that really bugged me when I first did my course over 4 years ago now, was the hard sell. Any of you going to Fleet just be aware that you'll get "oh you need this and you'll need one of these" if you are not careful before you know it you've spent a fortune on goodies, plus the cost of your course, and travel expenses. If you are completely new to any sort of training then you could get sucked in lol.

When I did the advanced course, they led us to believe that we'd come away with the advanced certificate after doing practical stuff etc that day, and then told us at the end, we'd have to spend another £50 or more to come back and do a test for the certificate! We felt that was rather sneeky of them, and some people had travelled quite a way to do this course and we were really very angry about it. None of us bothered to go back.

It wouldn't hurt them to make us bio techs feel a little special! Afterall we keep them in business.

Deb379

I see they haven't made any effort at all then to improve things after they promised they would! Might be about 6 months ago now when everyone was really fed up with Bio not keeping us informed, and charging too much for postage, and lots of other niggles, I actually wrote and told them they had an awful lot of unhappy techs.

They promised they would be making changes to improve their service to us. Doesn't look like they have then! If I remember right I wasn't the only one who told them either.

Much as I love Bio one thing that really bugged me when I first did my course over 4 years ago now, was the hard sell. Any of you going to Fleet just be aware that you'll get "oh you need this and you'll need one of these" if you are not careful before you know it you've spent a fortune on goodies, plus the cost of your course, and travel expenses. If you are completely new to any sort of training then you could get sucked in lol.

When I did the advanced course, they led us to believe that we'd come away with the advanced certificate after doing practical stuff etc that day, and then told us at the end, we'd have to spend another £50 or more to come back and do a test for the certificate! We felt that was rather sneeky of them, and some people had travelled quite a way to do this course and we were really very angry about it. None of us bothered to go back.

It wouldn't hurt them to make us bio techs feel a little special! Afterall we keep them in business.

Deb379

You know, I agree 100% with you. And so much so that we went and told them this and plenty more yesterday on the Bio stand at Excel. I have written it on my course critique forms, have told my trainer and anyone else who would listen at Bio.....and yet they tell me I'm the only one with a problem.

And to be fair, whenever I've been to Fleet or anywhere...everyone is there telling them how wonderful everything is....probably because nobody likes confrontation.

I've stuck my neck out and risked my business over this - no one likes to fall out with their supplier - but unless we tell them and ultimately vote with our feet....well they aren't going to change are they? One distributor commented how she had read comments on here and thought we were just being nasty....as the rest of her clients were all happy!! Now I know that distributor supplies a lot of unhappy people - so what's that all about? If you are unhappy....please tell them!!!!!!!

Incidentally - as an aside....I beleive Bio are now stopping supplying many techs who didn't do their assessment, and technically under the terms of your insurance (well 99% of policies), you aren't covered for any treatments using Bio if you don't complete course and assessment.

Last edited:
Hi there

If I remember right it was Bio's head office I told, and I pointed her to this site so she could read and take in what everyone was saying. Her response was "Thanks so much for forwarding me the Nail Geek info, which I will forward onto all my Distributors as well. We discussed this issue over the weekend and we are going to be dealing with it shortly. Thanks for your time and support which we greatly appreciate."
Rene! The date was 23/5/07!!!

http://www.salongeek.com/showthread.php?p=588221#post588221

Oh yes they've always stipulated that you had to take the foundation course and assessment and pass which I did, but I was referring to the advanced course I did later.

I really don't understand what their problem is - surely it doesn't take much to sort it?

Deb379

You know, I agree 100% with you. And so much so that Theresa (Oey) and I went and told them this and plenty more yesterday on the Bio stand at Excel. I have written it on my course critique forms, have told my trainer and anyone else who would listen at Bio.....and yet they tell me I'm the only one with a problem.

And to be fair, whenever I've been to Fleet or anywhere...everyone is there telling them how wonderful everything is....probably because nobody likes confrontation.

I've stuck my neck out and risked my business over this - no one likes to fall out with their supplier - but unless we tell them and ultimately vote with our feet....well they aren't going to change are they? One distributor commented how she had read comments on here and thought we were just being nasty....as the rest of her clients were all happy!! Now I know that distributor supplies a lot of unhappy people - so what's that all about? If you are unhappy....please tell them!!!!!!!

Incidentally - as an aside....I beleive Bio are now stopping supplying many techs who didn't do their assessment, and technically under the terms of your insurance (well 99% of policies), you aren't covered for any treatments using Bio if you don't complete course and assessment.
I am shocked and appalled that,you as a Bio ambassador in my eyes are treated this way Lyndsay.....:eek:

As another poster put it here,as for sales i know what my clients need and what i need,so will not be pushed by hard sales...In the starter kit there should be everything to get the technician started surely not......if there is one thing i absolutely abhor it is cold hard sales:!:

One thing i wanted to ask about the new sculpting gel,is can you soak it off,or do you file it off?

I am shocked and appalled that,you as a Bio ambassador in my eyes are treated this way Lyndsay.....:eek:

As another poster put it here,as for sales i know what my clients need and what i need,so will not be pushed by hard sales...In the starter kit there should be everything to get the technician started surely not......if there is one thing i absolutely abhor it is cold hard sales:!:

One thing i wanted to ask about the new sculpting gel,is can you soak it off,or do you file it off?

The new free edge gel soaks off like the rest, although all Bio gels (well all soak off really) benefit from a quick file just to 'break the seal' before soaking. They soak off much quicker that way!

It actually is a really lovely gel. Don't know if anyone else has thought about it, but Theresa and I were musing at weekend over the idea of putting a touch of french white gel into the Free Edge gel for a french white sculpting gel? Any thoughts, Bio geeks?

Ive one word Calgel ..they ring me and ask me if im happy and have i any problems.Ok the marketings not so plush but then maybe thats where bio sculptures money goes rather than to their reps.

Ive one word Calgel ..they ring me and ask me if im happy and have i any problems.Ok the marketings not so plush but then maybe thats where bio sculptures money goes rather than to their reps.

If Calgel were happy to let qualified Bio techs convert without having to buy the complete starter kit then alot more of us would convert without hesitation. Maybe one day they will pick up on this and see the mass conversion from one soak off to another.

Gillian, i know totally where you are coming from, but you a/ you know my feelings on paying to convert when the product isn't the problem....and b/ the colour range is just pants compared to Bio...sorry, but it really is!

I understand there are a couple of new coloured soak off gels coming into the country with extensive ranges and far better prices than Calgel and Bio. I think i will be hanging on for a wee while to see them!

If Calgel were happy to let qualified Bio techs convert without having to buy the complete starter kit then alot more of us would convert without hesitation. Maybe one day they will pick up on this and see the mass conversion from one soak off to another.

Ask them honestly i think you would definately get a response

Latest posts

Back