New Bio Sculpture Sculpting Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gillian, i know totally where you are coming from, but you a/ you know my feelings on paying to convert when the product isn't the problem....and b/ the colour range is just pants compared to Bio...sorry, but it really is!

I understand there are a couple of new coloured soak off gels coming into the country with extensive ranges and far better prices than Calgel and Bio. I think i will be hanging on for a wee while to see them!

How many colours does anyone need ,they have a fantastic range of colours most of my clients always have the same anyway.

They have your brown clients ,your bright clients and your red burgundy clients.They have nail art colours,glitters etc etc i have pots ive never opened they have more colours than most nail varnish companys and if noones happy just have clear with their already strong gel and apply varnish which on the gel lasts forever.

All i can add is i had never heard of calgel before i found this site and i chose to go with them because of what was said on here if there is anything i hate its bad service.I always research everything i pay money into.

Last edited:
Hi All - I thought I might put a 'distributor' point of view over here. I don't know Rene from Bio nor the Calgel people (I understand they were one one and the same at one point and things happened). As a new supplier to the industry, S2 will get things right and wrong. Maybe the Bio team are currently trying to put systems into place that will help their customers but sometimes these things take time.

Many sound very frustrated and Gillian I applaud your obvious love for your brand of choice; maybe Bio have had certain challenges that they are ironing out. I do think though that Rene and the team may prefer to hear this one on one. :idea:

The salon geek is here to air views and everyone is allowed to have an opinion for sure, but as a supplier/distributor I know I would want a phone call so that I could correct the situation. Just my thoughts that I wanted to share. :!:

Thanks for the input Samantha...I certainly appreciate hearing points of view from all sides of the fence.

I personally have done just as you say and spoken directly to HO several times now....and intend to remain persistent until I feel I have ironed out my concerns or come to the realisation that I won't! That said, I'm a tough persistent cookie and usually won't beaten so I'll probably keep on!

As I said a few posts back, really the resurrection of this thread is actually to try and persuade others to do the same. Its great to be able to discuss things on here, but action can only happen if we let our suppliers know too. By raising concerns in a positive constructive manner hopefully we are actually helping them?

As an interesting side peception, I would say one of the vast differences between S2 and Bio is that you guys actually seem to want to know what your clients feel, whereas I get the impression from Bio (and some other suppliers) that they simply let the order books speak for themselves...thats all well and good as a snapshot on current success, but I don't believe anyone will achieve long term organic growth in any business that way, and the success of my suppliers is important to me as I too want to be in business, and essentially in partnership with them for a long time to come.

Thanks for the input Samantha...I certainly appreciate hearing points of view from all sides of the fence.

I personally have done just as you say and spoken directly to HO several times now....and intend to remain persistent until I feel I have ironed out my concerns or come to the realisation that I won't! That said, I'm a tough persistent cookie and usually won't beaten so I'll probably keep on!

As I said a few posts back, really the resurrection of this thread is actually to try and persuade others to do the same. Its great to be able to discuss things on here, but action can only happen if we let our suppliers know too. By raising concerns in a positive constructive manner hopefully we are actually helping them?

As an interesting side peception, I would say one of the vast differences between S2 and Bio is that you guys actually seem to want to know what your clients feel, whereas I get the impression from Bio (and some other suppliers) that they simply let the order books speak for themselves...thats all well and good as a snapshot on current success, but I don't believe anyone will achieve long term organic growth in any business that way, and the success of my suppliers is important to me as I too want to be in business, and essentially in partnership with them for a long time to come.

Seriously Lyndsey, I love that YOU make it a two way relationship and I really think this IS as it should be, a two-way partnership between supplier and customer but yes you are absolutley right, we DO want to know... so that we can get it right!

It isn't always possible for distributors to do the things that they want but S2's attitude is that we should be doing EVERYTHING we can to take care of the most important person and that is our customer.

I went to pick up some dry cleaning from Johnsons the other day and was gobsmacked by how I was treated. I can't imagine why employers employ people that are so obviously NOT people persons (this guy also looked like a freaky serial killer which didn't help :eek: :rolleyes:)... but to me it is common sense... look after your customer and they will look after you.

I am sure Rene will appreciate your comments as I know I would (and do :hug:) if it were said to me. :hug:

Its just not right that because a company markets well ,is all glossy and has a fantastic website that thats what gives them the lions share of the market.

Its down to us as individuals to be more conscientious and look beyond that.

Bio sculpture have had long enough to put things right they have a duty to their customers it is after all along with Calgel one of the most expensive systems on the market.

Ive been in this industry long enough that if i do not have a company that works well with me they do not get anymore custom as simple as that

I had it a long time ago with saying to customers oh sorry i havent been able to get this on time or they are out of stock etc etc there is always someone better.I placed an order with calgel this morning they promised me it by lunchtime tomorrow and i just know thats when i will get it and they answered the phone personally after about 4 rings.

I had it a long time ago with saying to customers oh sorry i havent been able to get this on time or they are out of stock etc etc there is always someone better.

To be fair, I have never once had a stock or supply problem with Bio. I think it took Theresa a couple of days to get hold of the new gel but that was all. My issue is mainly that of communication...or rather lack thereof.

My issues with Bio don't affect my customers one iota, or it would probably be goodbye by now. They merely don't make it easy for me to do business with them. And their lack of communication costs me as opposed to them, in several ways...all of which have been frequently documented so I'm not going to whinge about them again.

And yes, they have been slow at responding with improvement but actually we are slowly getting somewhere. We now have on line ordering, that has been asked for for years, we are assured special offers will be appearing on there, which will help price-wise, and I truly believe that Rene has the best interests of her salons and techs at heart, but has a little trouble 'controlling' her franchised distributors...or one of them anyway. If things got too bad for me, I would simply request a different distributor. It would be difficult as it is broken down strictly by postcode, but I hope Rene would oblige rather than risk losing a loyal tech.

And whilst I truly respect your criteria in how you make your choices of suppliers, to me I do want to see my suppliers marketing the product. As I've said before, I know I have plenty of clients that would walk if I switched to any other product (and I know plenty of other systems that also command that loyalty - CND for one), but the marketing is purely what attracted them in the first place...its the quality of product (and hopefully a wee bit of little ol' me!) that keeps them with me...not a glossy brochure.

Last edited:
Its just not right that because a company markets well ,is all glossy and has a fantastic website that thats what gives them the lions share of the market.

Its down to us as individuals to be more conscientious and look beyond that.

I understand exactly what you are saying here but equally, when companies get to the point of being able to do more of that - gorgeous advertising, decent product brochures, decent web then that is also supporting their customer!

This website is for all but it is also a way for me to support any CND customer AND, we are also supporting you (even if you are not an S2 customer) by having this site in the first place :) Both Calgel and Bio reps/ heads of companies could come here to support their customer but for whatever reason, they choose not to :irked:

When I do PR for Creative, it is done for one reason only and that is to benefit our customers... how? it's awareness that breeds sales - because when a consumer reads in Heat magazine that Company Red is a hot colour, that consumer calls Sweet Squared to order... we take her area and find a CND salon in that area where she can buy... so the salon makes £10.00 as opposed to us. That's supporting our customer.

Having a gorgeous shot of beautiful nails as opposed to a pants one... is support and what (well our customers anyway) would expect from CND... they would be disppointed and annoyed if we did an ad with horrible looking nails because they EXPECT more...

Although I understand your statement I also think there is more to it than that??? Hope this makes sense! :!:

Yes true but once you have the customer then the service must surely follow through.
Its not that difficult ,surely with email ,just to inform your customers of new products etc. My junk mail box is full of companies ive ever bought from trying to get me to buy again everyday.
I think the problem with biosculpture is that they have different reps all over the place, some good, some bad, rather than all customers dealing through one head office, like calgel.

This website is for all but it is also a way for me to support any CND customer AND, we are also supporting you (even if you are not an S2 customer) by having this site in the first place :) Both Calgel and Bio reps/ heads of companies could come here to support their customer but for whatever reason, they choose not to :irked:

Although I understand your statement I also think there is more to it than that??? Hope this makes sense! :!:

As most of you know I am a loyal Bio Sculpture user that loves the product, but:-

I know some of us have had more than one conversation with Bio about joining us on here and we were told only a few days ago that they dont because they get moaned about on here. Well hello - if it was my business that was being moaned about then I would use that as the first opportunity to put the record straight on the issues being discussed. Unless, of course if my business are not willing to listen to the concerns the users have. Then I would avoid it like the plague. (This sounds a little familiar some how)!

What does also annoy me is having a conversation with a company distributor about some changes that are going to happen with their products (as discussed in a major trade magazine by the company owner) and them telling me that they dont know anything about it.

Please, please, please Bio - join us on here and help us loyal Bio users out! You never know - you might actually gain some business from it! Plus there is no better place to listen to your clients concerns/issues!

If I had access to a site that might actually gain me some clients (and profits) then I would be there like a shot!

Just so you are also aware I have had (together with another loyal user too) this conversation with my distributor very recently so I am not speaking out of turn, but I am so far afraid that out comments fell on deaf ears!

I have to speak up and say that I have never had a problem with any of my dealings with Biosculpture when I lived in Essex or when I relocated. They have always been extremely helpful and efficient.

It would however be nice to receive an update from them when they introduce new products.:)

The new free edge gel soaks off like the rest, although all Bio gels (well all soak off really) benefit from a quick file just to 'break the seal' before soaking. They soak off much quicker that way!

It actually is a really lovely gel. Don't know if anyone else has thought about it, but Theresa and I were musing at weekend over the idea of putting a touch of french white gel into the Free Edge gel for a french white sculpting gel? Any thoughts, Bio geeks?

Zingara, that's a great idea - I'm going to try that out!

I'm loving the new free edge gel and I actually have no complaints about Bio Sculpture at all. I think that they've just expanded very quickly and are trying to keep up with everything that's thrown at them. Any problems I do have are dealt with straight away and everyone is really friendly and helpful in Fleet.

Ange

well my local is st albans - london colney and I too have never had a problem. Can collect my order or have it delivered.

bio sculpture london also have there own website as well which has info on it.

if it aint broke dont fix it as they say.

however i do appreciate that not everyone has the same experience as me and if it was me I would make sure it was in writing to the correct person. The more people that write in they will listen.

Latest posts

Back