new biz venture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailtiqe

Reaction score
hi guys and girls...big dilemma and need help urgently...well earlier in the week i decided to go for it and start the ball rolling to open my own nail, beauty and tanning bar...however i had a previously booked appointment tonite to go see a room that was up for rent...i went, i had too otherwise id of been curious...well it turns out the room alone wasnt suitable, however i told the owner this and about my tanning plans and he said he was willing to discuss it and rent me the whole of his upstairs, ie 2 rooms...1 is open and leads to off the stairs, not massive, but fair size, the other room joins it...now here there wont be enough room to run a beauty biz too, but there is enough to do a nail bar, reception and 2 poss 3 sunbeds......the owner said i can run it as a totally seperate biz from his...and it'll cost me around £4k to start up, thats the deposits for my sunbeds etc, nail bar already in there...
however if i was to go for a fully fledged premises of my own im looking at around £15k initially, what do i do...........i dont want to go into his salon, build up a massive client base, leave after a year, and he nicks all my sunbed clients.........however it is a nice salon, he's a nice guy, seems fair enough, not gonna get another offer like this............but my own premises thats a dream and what i do want............oh my god, im stuck, i need help urgently as im at the bank at 9.45 tom morning, ideas advice be grateful............... :rolleyes:

hi just to let you all know, bank went ok...........i have my funding........i am hopefully going to be renting the 1st floor of a hairdressers, all of it........ive to go back on tues and sort out the finer details.........im dead excited and gonna get loads of practice in between now and sept 1st when i want to open......got a 1-2-1 booked, a fabric conversion, 2 x master classes and also a airbrush course............phew!!!
vicky

Well done Vicky, and good luck with your new business venture :)

if you need any help - let us know... this must be exciting but nerve wracking too I imagine - way-to-go for 'going for it'!!! I wish you lots of luck and success!! :!: :!: :D

wow! how exciting for you. best of luck with it all and keep us informed every step of the way. :D

best wishes,
collette xx

I wish you all the best of british...................
You will be fab, fab and even fabulous...........
It will be hard work , no doubt, but well worth it............
Keep us posted , I love a good opening............
Lots of love Ruth xxxxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back