New Bod! Help!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
Hi there I'm new to the board and have been spending hours looking through and think its fab!

I've heard alot of positive things about Creative Nail Products. I'm newly qualified as a manicurist and am looking to set myself up with some nail enamels. How do I get a colour chart of Creative's enamels and info on their new seasonal colours?

My local Ellisons (Warwickshire) do Creative products but do not have any colour charts or info on whats new.

As far as nail extensions are concerned, I know nothing about them but am eager to get into it. Do I need to go to college or will going with a company such as Creative be enough? Want to be really good at it and make sure my training is enough!!

One more question before I go!! Paraffin wax heaters. Which are better. The ones which you dip the hand/foot or the ones where you put in a pot and apply the wax with a brush?

I'm starting at home but will be going mobile at some point so I'm wondering if the one where you apply with a brush will be easier to cart around! Also I wasn't sure how economical the other sort was, I mean how much wax do you have to use each time as you can only use it once per client? How do you clean the brush (if I was to use the pot sort) and how do you dispose of the wax from the other sort (Hand/foot dipping one!)

Hope that all made sense 'cause I'm not sure it did to me!!

:oops: Sorry about all the questions!! Hope anyone can help!!

Tamm

hi ya TC welcome to the board its great !! i have been taught so much from all the lovely people on here they are all brill :D
right in awnser to your questions
creative would be able to send you a colour chart and also a life long learning broucher which contains all there course's to be honest with you i would go with creative (heard so many good things about them and you know you will be getting the best education in nails possible!)
there number is 0113 275 0433 go through to the education dept you could speak to Liz Omar she's lovely and very helpful and will be able to tell you all you need to know about education with creative then hopefully she can pass you through about the colour chart.
as for the parafin heaters mobile yep a bit of a nightmare i have yet to find something i could carry around without spilling :? so would be interested to hear if anyone has come across anything!
you will find the ones that people dip as aposed to brushing it on (this uses a fair bit)are more economical.
you can use the same parafin in the pot more than once as the parafin on there hands/feet is what you would need to throw away (do not return it to the heater :shock: !) hope ive been helpful ;) nickki jonesx :D

Hi there Nickki!

Thanks for info and number for Creative. Will get onto that asap!

mmm, you've given me something to mull over as far as the paraffin wax heaters are concerned. I hadn't thought that the type where you brush on the wax would use up more wax!! I assumed that the type where you dip the hand/foot would use much more!

Now I really don't know which to use!!!! I suppose it depends on whether anyone else finds the sort you dip the hand/foot are very difficult to cart around. I would still like to know!!!

Tamm

Hi Tamm,

also, welcome to the board, hope you enjoy it.

I dont really know anything about the small beehive like wax heaters but I have one which you can put a foot or a hand in, it would really not be suitable for going mobile with as it takes about 2 hours for the wax to melt.

If you are looking for extending your service and offering a luxury manicure treatment then I would suggest you look more towards the "facial" for the hand spa products which include exfoliators, masks etc. They would be much easier to cart around.

mmmm! hi there! Didn't realise that those type of paraffin heaters take so long to heat up!! Does anyone else know how long the ones where you put a little pot in take to heat up?

you recommended using products that were "facial" for the hand spa products which include exfoliators, masks etc. Do you recommend any in particular. (I have heated mitts if that is of any use)

Tamm

TC said:
you recommended using products that were "facial" for the hand spa products which include exfoliators, masks etc. Do you recommend any in particular. (I have heated mitts if that is of any use)

Tamm

Hi Tamm,

the only range I have used is the Jessica Le Remedi one which I do like, however, I am hearing lots of good things about the Creative Spa Mani - I may just have to give it a try. ;)

I too have heated mitts and use them in even my basic manicures.

What nail care range do you use at the moment?

Well. At college I was using Salon System. Now I'm having a look round as I'm still setting myself up.

I was thinking of going with Professional Beauty Systems to start myself off. Not expensive. I have been looking at Nailtiques and Kyido but they are a bit pricey for me at the moment.

Are these familiar?

I was thinking of trying Jessica but I don't like to buy products before I can use them and unfortunately you have to buy the kit before you can go on a course to train with them.

Do you find Jessica very good? I like the look of them and love the idea of caring for the individual needs of nails. Is their hand treatment good? Can you compare it with anything else you have used?

Obviously my concern and confusion is that there are so many different products out there and being new to this I haven't got a clue as to what is good and what isn't. Its hard to find a midway point between so cheap that the products aren't good and too expensive for my pocket.

Advice would be recieved with gratitude!!!

Tamm

Hi Tamm,

When I decided to go into the nail business (almost 4 years ago now), I wanted only to do natural nails, I researched various product lines including Naitiques and Jessica etc., I went to college then decided on Jessica and also did their training.

I like the idea of treating the nails like the skin and hair - specific products for specific conditions. I spent a lot of money on stock - convinced that clients would come flocking to my door and buy all the products I recommended to them. How naiive LOL - In my experience of my clients - very few will spend money on home care - they will buy oil and maybe the odd varnish. I then looked at a less expensive range thinking that it was better to get people to buy for homecare than to stick to my principals of the range I liked - wrong again LOL. In the end I decided to go back to the Jessica range as it was what I liked and even if my clients only came every 2 weeks for a manicure - I was using in my opinion the best for them.

You have to research your market and see what your client base will be like - I still feel that the people local to me still feel a manicure is a luxury treatment to be saved for a special occasion. Some only see it as a professional varnish.

Think carefully and see what your clients want.

In saying all that, I am very appreciative of the very loyal and regular clients I have who do regular homecare and appreciate the treatments I give them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back