New brand, new brushes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ongen

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
So I decided to swop brand for my gels and have done so with regards of lamp, liquids, primers etc. what I didn’t think of is brushes - my beloved nail art brushes... :( do these need to go as well or is there some magic treatment to clean them so they won’t contaminate my new gels? Would be super grateful for any advice ☺️

Hi everyone!
So I decided to swop brand for my gels and have done so with regards of lamp, liquids, primers etc. what I didn’t think of is brushes - my beloved nail art brushes... :( do these need to go as well or is there some magic treatment to clean them so they won’t contaminate my new gels? Would be super grateful for any advice ☺️

I don't really understand where the 'contamination' aspect would come from. It's a nail art brush, you use tiny amounts of product on them and they are wiped after use to change colours, etc. so why would there be any contamination. I think you're over thinking it ;)

I don't really understand where the 'contamination' aspect would come from. It's a nail art brush, you use tiny amounts of product on them and they are wiped after use to change colours, etc. so why would there be any contamination. I think you're over thinking it ;)
That very must sounds like a likely case Thank you Trinity!

Ah, I get you now, I saw in your latest post that you have some Ikon.iQ forms so now I'm guessing you have switched to hypoallergenic gels.

I keep a separate set of brushes with my Ikon.iQ for clients with nail product allergies. If you decant a little product onto an old nail form paper or something then in normal circumstances (no allergy present) you can still use your usual brushes as they are not dipping into the bottles of pots.

Ah, I get you now, I saw in your latest post that you have some Ikon.iQ forms so now I'm guessing you have switched to hypoallergenic gels.

I keep a separate set of brushes with my Ikon.iQ for clients with nail product allergies. If you decant a little product onto an old nail form paper or something then in normal circumstances (no allergy present) you can still use your usual brushes as they are not dipping into the bottles of pots.
Thank you! Yes I’m an ikon.iq girl now and I love it ☺️ Haven’t even had the hypoallergenic part in consideration though :/ I’m not using my old system at all but I did hang on to 2 of my old brushes for nail art... Really hope this won’t cause a problem in regards of allergies :O

This is something we actually discussed in my training when you are saying the word "contaminated" the first thing that comes into our heads is pathogens that can lead to bacterias to greenies and other nasty (or even lifting!) As long as you know you are working in a clean environment using all of your everyday things like acetone and barbicide you should be fine, it's good your thinking of these things but this one you should be ok with.

This is something we actually discussed in my training when you are saying the word "contaminated" the first thing that comes into our heads is pathogens that can lead to bacterias to greenies and other nasty (or even lifting!) As long as you know you are working in a clean environment using all of your everyday things like acetone and barbicide you should be fine, it's good your thinking of these things but this one you should be ok with.
Thank you! ☺️ I used to be a body piercer a long time ago, so I tend to get a bit over the top when my mind starts going on things like this XD

Latest posts

Back