new brush HORROR

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sequinto

Reaction score
Hi evryone
Went 2 use new brush 2day 4 l&p done what i was supposed 2 do get rid of glue soak in monomer get rid of air bubbles, as i applied pink acrylic it looked like an areo, tried this on a couple of fingers but knew somthing was not right went back 2 old brush and perfect what did i do wrong wth new brush can anyone help thx

Hiya,

when i trained i was taught to "flick" the gum out of the brush for 15minutes prior to using it, hold a folded tissue taut and flick the brush off the edge, hope this helps.

michelle. x

sequinto said:
Hi evryone
Went 2 use new brush 2day 4 l&p done what i was supposed 2 do get rid of glue soak in monomer get rid of air bubbles, as i applied pink acrylic it looked like an areo, tried this on a couple of fingers but knew somthing was not right went back 2 old brush and perfect what did i do wrong wth new brush can anyone help thx
Just came across this post and wonder if this is the same thing that's happened to me. Am using a relatively new master pro styler, at the begining I spent time removing the gum and then soaked in monomer.

At the moment I am getting dreadful air bubbles - can it be my brush, have I ruined it or can I salvage it?

Any thoughts definitely well received!!

Adele

Peppercorn Nails said:
Just came across this post and wonder if this is the same thing that's happened to me. Am using a relatively new master pro styler, at the begining I spent time removing the gum and then soaked in monomer.

At the moment I am getting dreadful air bubbles - can it be my brush, have I ruined it or can I salvage it?

Any thoughts definitely well received!!

Adele

Hi Adele,

Just read your complaint. Are you using perfect colour powders? The reason I ask is I was having this bubble problem, so when I went to global training, I asked one of the educators there & they instructed me to do the place & leave technique. Whick is place your bead, leave it for a few seconds to allow all powder to be absorbed & then press it out. I tried it & hey presto no more bubbles!!! I hope this helps!

Tanya

perthchik2002 said:
Hi Adele,

Just read your complaint. Are you using perfect colour powders? The reason I ask is I was having this bubble problem, so when I went to global training, I asked one of the educators there & they instructed me to do the place & leave technique. Whick is place your bead, leave it for a few seconds to allow all powder to be absorbed & then press it out. I tried it & hey presto no more bubbles!!! I hope this helps!

Tanya
Hi Tanya and thanks for your comments.........

I do use perfect colour powders and I do place the bead and leave for 3 seconds.........unfortunately it's still happening:confused:

1. I put my brush in my monomer and press out all the bubbles
2. Wipe my brush 1-2 times on the side of dappen dish
3. Dip into powder and count 1,2,3..........lift out
4. Wait for powder to absorb liquid......1,2,3
5. Place on nail and count 1,2,3 to allow bead to settle
6. Start to press bead out

and bugger me if there aren't lots of little bloomin' bubbles!!!

It does seem to be alot worse since I've changed my Pro Styler head which is why I wondered if it was due to me not cleaning it properly at the very beginning.

It seems to happen no matter what ratio I seem to work at. I do little baby presses not pats.............somethings definitely going wrong:cry:

By the way, this is a new thing for me...........have been CND Master for 3 years, with regular updates..........no air bubble problemo's in the past.

Adele

Hey corn o pepper.

Are the bubbles visible while you are working with the bead or do they appear during finishing? If they are visible while you are working, does the 'bubble' count seem to increase while you are working?

I noticed the bubbles immediatly it looked really wierd i also do what all the other girls do in monomer wipe brush 1 1/2 times in powder for count of three lift then going going gone place bead wait for 2-3 sec press press and continue to work like this. This is the way i was taught at creative.

The Nail Geek said:
Hey corn o pepper.

Are the bubbles visible while you are working with the bead or do they appear during finishing? If they are visible while you are working, does the 'bubble' count seem to increase while you are working?
Hi Sam.........Yes they are visible when I'm working and that yes the bubbles do increase.............please o' please tell me why.

Thanks
Adele

Hi Sam...........just pushing this post back up as I've answered your questions.

Adele

Peppercorn Nails said:
Hi Sam.........Yes they are visible when I'm working and that yes the bubbles do increase.............please o' please tell me why.

Thanks
Adele
Hi i also use perfect colour and yes my bubbles are visable as son as i apply i do do the leave for three secs etc, but to scared to try the brush again, in work today i gave it another good soak in monomer and will try again 2moz fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back