new brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Help me name her!!

• Flo

Votes: 28 73.7%
  • Essie

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters

littlegrohl

Reaction score
Ok I have a new eziflow GM 508.. after a bumpy start with her (dont ask lesson learned).. I have a few questions.. she is yet to be used.. she has been given a few drinks and now is laying folded on her side in a clean towel on my desk... This is my first "real" brush i purchased myself.. I have had a creative one i got on my course but unfortunately it wasnt for me.. i still have it, great for smiles.. but this one is special.. it feels perfect!

Now question 1.. as the poll suggests Flo or Essie?

I have had a sable before and she was a beauty.. an old dear that has now been relagated to glitter work...

question 2.. never had a brush with a lid before.. how do i best use it? do i replace it all the time or just when im finished with "enter brush's name here" and she is ready for bed.. im worried about contaminating her..

any other brush tips are welcome.. thanks from me and my new brush! x

Yoo hoo Flo, if Chels means one of those plastic sleeve things that goes over your flags, tell her to throw it away before the monomer melts it and it gums up your bristles:eek::eek::eek:

Ive gone with Flo, dont know why just read both names and liked flo! lol
Hope you and your new brush will have some good times ahead :hug:

Yoo hoo Flo, if Chels means one of those plastic sleeve things that goes over your flags, tell her to throw it away before the monomer melts it and it gums up your bristles:eek::eek::eek:

nah mate its one of those silver covers.. with a hole in the end! yea i leaning toward Flo..

I can say things like.. Easy Flo... Fantastic Flo.. Good job Flo.. GO FLO!!

:eek:erm yea anyway!

nah mate its one of those silver covers.. with a hole in the end! yea i leaning toward Flo..

I can say things like.. Easy Flo... Fantastic Flo.. Good job Flo.. GO FLO!!

:eek:erm yea anyway!

...........and go with the Flo:lol::lol:

Absolutely...it's got to be Flo....as your work will just flow, and your artistry too......I love my 508 can I name it Flo too? ...or even Flo 2 !!! :lol:

I had to go with Essie...

EZflow Flo... gets me tongue twisted...

plus I like the name Essie...

looking at the poll results though...I am in the minority :cry:

... And your new best friend's name should be FLO!

I've gone with Essie, it sound more like something you can mother pmsl

treat your brush as if it's your own hair, as stated in previous threads, I shampoo and condition my brush (always air dry it before using it)

If you have a cap that goes over the flags, make sure that the thingamagig (cap) that goes over the end has a decent sized hole in the end (as this allows the chemicals to evaporate through this vent)

I like Flo. The lids to all my 508's have been automatically turfed. I'm not sure why. I used to have an Odessy one that had a lid, and I always used it.

looks like Flo is my new brush!

I gave her a shampoo/conditioner.. left her overnight.. she has had a few drinks today.. squeezed excess out replaced lid and now she is wrapped in paper towel on her side in the desk, ready for my first client monday morning!

The lid has a hole about the size of the end of a standard pen so it should be ok i think..

Some may think caring so much about a brush is weird.. but the painter and decorator in me knows that your tools ARE your trade!! treat them well and they will respond..:green:

and flo2 is a great name hehe :hug:

I've had my Ezflow 508 for about 2 years and it's as beautiful as the day I got it . . . lovely lovely brush! Although mine has remained nameless it doesn't seem to mind too much lol

I think FLO as well btw :green:

Mines called Basil

geddit?:hug:

Go with the flo...............ha get it flow, ah well I thoght it was funny
I love Foo Fighters too

Definitely got to be Flo Hun.

I love this brush soooooo much and it really does look after you if you look after it.

I always keep mine with its silver hat on at all times. (well apart from when i am using it....lol)

I also store mine bristle end down to stop any possibility of it getting contaminated at all. It fits in my tech box just right. It always lasts me ages my brush.

Plus, never let anyone else use it!

Latest posts

Back