New Brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

ALEX

For the last year I have been using my Ez-flow 508 brush and love every last bristle ov it. With having used it for almost a year now I new it was time to give it a rest and get a new one, however last week I got myself a new 508 and just couldnt work it the same as my old one. The acrylic appeared to be setting at a quicker speed and I couldnt smooth the acrylic as well. Has anybody got any tips on breaking in a new brush?

Brushes really do have to be trained to work rhe way you want them to.

To train a brush, you have to use it the same way ALL the time and leave it in the shape you want to come back to.

Always flatten the same side of the brush every time you sqeeze the liquid from it. Try not to twist the brush in your fingers as you use it. Always stroke on the same flat side etc etc. In a few days, the brush will take on the same characterisitics of your old favorite! Look after it and it will look after you.

Thanks geeg, great advice as always!

I too have my EZ Flow 508 and love it. I always used to use a star nails minor, i think its the same as a size five. When i switched to the 508, i couldn't believe how easy it was to use it, despite being thatmuch bigger. No going back for me now.:D

Few- every set the brushn is getting better!! Beging to love my new brush and have decided to name her Nina!

ALEX said:
Few- every set the brushn is getting better!! Beging to love my new brush and have decided to name her Nina!
I could be being dense here but why Nina? Its a lovely name and all but just wondered why, lol :)

Funny howq we name things that we get on with. Like our practise hands mines Hettie, even down to our cars.....ok i wont go there.

Wow only just found the new way onto the site, thought it was lost 4eva!

Called my brush Nina after my sister she lives in Spain and I miss her loads. When she was home last I got my new brush so she insisted it was named after her! She's a complete nutter! My old brush was called sweep-same as my dog:lol:

:lol:

ahh. bless, thats sweet. can i call my brush iccle monkey after my son! people already think im crazy, they wouldn't notice me talking to my brush.

'cum on iccle monkey work nicley for mummy!'

lol
:lol:

Latest posts

Back