New business but unsure of the best order?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lissylou

Reaction score
Hi there, I hope someone can help me with the start up of my Mobilebeauty business. The thing that is confusing me at the moment is the best methodical order to put the wheels in motion. I have all these things spinning round in my head and on paper of things to do. Think of company name, get insurance, practice on people, set up face book page, web site, stationary, more equipment etc. I just don't know in what order. Like when your planning a kitchen you can't get to the very last minute and think well put my plug sockets here and there. Also I am newly qualified in some beauty treatments so need practice before I launch properly but still I feel insurance must be one of the first things even though will initially be on friends and family. Don't trust them after reading posts on here haha:lol::lol::lol: Ps my tanning machine and kit has arrived so need to get out there as soon as possible. Any suggestions of the best order would be of great help:
Many thanks guys.

Start with the hardest! Tax! Get ur head around bookkeeping and tax first, insurance, target area, leaflets (put the areas u will do on them), promotional things such as offers price reductions etc... To entise ppl in. Then pack up ur equipment, buy products and start leaflet dropping and "opening up" xoxo

Thanks tomme that is the one I was fearing the most! Lol I am continuing to work part time so not sure how the combination of employed and self employed tax coincide but think I had better find out. Thanks again

Hi ya hun

You have started at the right place :) Salon Geek is the best tool you will ever have access to x

On here you will find load of tips and advise about every aspect of making your business a success.

I have only been in business a year so am new to this all too but have learnt so much in this short time.

I would strongly advise doing a business plan. Even if it is just a rough one for your eyes only. It will structure everything and clear it up in your mind so you will know what you need to do next x

Good Luck, feel free to pm me if you need any further help x

Thank you gorgeous tips. I feel like having salon geek at my fingertips is what gives me the confidence and inspirations to follow my dreams. I know this would not be happening without it! I would have said no i cant do it .I will get my pen and paper out and make a start on a business plan. Hopefully it will all come together soon.:))) x

I would hastily look at finding an accountant for advice... Check a few out for free first as they usually offer a free 30 min session. They average £10-20 a month and I couldn't have done it without mine! Big weight off my shoulders...

I am sooo glad you asked this question...I am in exactly the same boat! Loads of ideas flying about but not a clue what to do first - luckily I have some tax workshops coming up in Feb so I guess that's a head start. Premises are the one thing I am stuck on right now...renting space or mobile.

hi, i did a free business course before xmas and they gave loads of advice, maybe u could find one in your area, just search the internet or contact business link. anyway they said it was ok to have 2 shoe boxes and 2 receipt books and another for recording everythin. basically write a receipt for everything you sell and buy(a book for each) and then place written receipt and proof in box in order, one box for selling one for buying,

am hoping this makes sense!!!

Latest posts

Back