New Business - Customers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LBR

Reaction score
Hi,

Just started business this month and maybe I'm a bit premature with my whinning but do all clients change appointments from here to there?

Two clients just this past week cancelling at the last minute and re-arranging.

This is driving me nuts plus the fact I can't believe people are so inconsiderate. I could have had other people filling their places and now I'm losing out.

I would never dream of phoning someone 3/4 of an hour before the appointment to cancel.

I have therefore added a bit on to my price list about giving me at least 24 hours notice of cancellations or re-arrangment of appointments.

Your advice would be appreciated.

Hi
I have had this quite a lot and it hasnt changed after 18 months....
I had a training day thursday at Bridgend for Brisa and arranged to stay open and pay someone to carry out any treatments pre booked, most of the day was booked out by one person!! She called to cancel just two hours before her appointment was due....
At last... fist time ever.... I stuck to my guns and requested her Credit card details to charge the 50% cancellation fee (payable if 24hrs notice is not given!)
I'm glad I actually plucked up the courage to charge, as I had to pay the therapist for a whole day regardless of the cancellation. I could have closed for the one day, but didnt want to put clients out....

Sadly it's one of those things.... as most clients don't work in this industry, they have no idea how precious our time is!!
I have decided to continue to be much firmer from now on...... My dentist chrages every time I or my children miss an appointment, and I never complain at having to pay for his time!!
The Little Beauty Room said:
Hi,

Just started business this month and maybe I'm a bit premature with my whinning but do all clients change appointments from here to there?

Two clients just this past week cancelling at the last minute and re-arranging.

This is driving me nuts plus the fact I can't believe people are so inconsiderate. I could have had other people filling their places and now I'm losing out.

I would never dream of phoning someone 3/4 of an hour before the appointment to cancel.

I have therefore added a bit on to my price list about giving me at least 24 hours notice of cancellations or re-arrangment of appointments.

Your advice would be appreciated.

Hey

Nice One Well Done You!!

Did she give you her card details freely or refuse???

I want to charge for cancellations as I had two the other day and I had to turn customers away so was quite annoyed about it.

Also does anyone take a non refundable deposit at time of booking????

On my price lists and on my disclaimer forms, if regular clients cancel within 24 hours I charge them 50% I also take a non-refundable deposit of £20 when taking bookings for full sets, if this deposit is not received within 24 hrs of booking then the appt is cancelled, 99% of the time my clients and new clients pay the cancellation fee/deposit.

Jue xx

Hi

Initially she wasn't pleased... but she did pay, I understand that I may have lost one potential client, but I have poeple waiting for my services and I even lose clientrs bec ause I cant fit them all in, so I can afford to lose a client who doesn't turn up!! also I think if word gets around that people will have to pay for not giving 24hrs notice, I will be less likely to get problems with other clients.
It sounds hard, but it has to be done.... I've lost loads of money over the last year or two from this kind of thing.

I now take credit card payments over the phone when clients book... usually just £7.50 to £10 for an hour booking, not for my reghulars who always turn up though.
People do pay, as they have usually been recommended by others. If someone has not goit a credit card, eg student, then I ask that they pay the deposit by calling into the salon prior to the appointment date, otherwise I will let the appointment go!

Sue
I do charge 50% now though if a client simply does not bother to turn up!
Bodacious said:
Did she give you her card details freely or refuse???

I want to charge for cancellations as I had two the other day and I had to turn customers away so was quite annoyed about it.

Also does anyone take a non refundable deposit at time of booking????

hi wat happens if you are mobile i can put cancellation fee but cant take deposits?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back