New Business - Product Training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btythrpst

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can help. I'm just looking into starting my own business within a hairdressers (renting a room). I would like to use Elemis products, as have heard very good reviews about them. Does anyone know if I can treat people using Elemis products legally, without being trained? I rang Elemis and it's £6,000 for three treatment rooms but I only have one and I can not afford that amount of money at the moment!

I would also like to use St Tropez Spray tan and Creative Nail Design products, do they have terms and conditions stating that you must be trained before you can use their products? I have been on the websites but the T&C's just state about the use of their website, not the products. I would also like to sell the products but am unsure whether this is legal?

The reason I am asking is because the Elemis website allows you to purchase products online. Surely if they did not allow people to treat without being trained, the products wouldn't be so easily accessible? Dermalogica, for example, does not allow purchasing of products online.

If anyone has any useful information regarding this, I would be very grateful.

Thanks! :)

Could you please fill in your profile, the answers you will get to your post will be much more applicable to your situation :green:

http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/36598-viewing-profiles.html?highlight=profile

As far as Creative go, you can purchase all of their products except, Liquid, Powder, Gel, etc....... ie the enhancement products, without training. You need to be trained by Creative before buying these.

As to their position on retailing items such as creams and oils etc, you would be best speaking to Hyperion.

If you are already qualified in enhancements through another brand, Creative are holding free classes at the moment to convert.

I would advise training with any product range that you use or you will not be getting the best out of that range. Application techniques etc vary from brand to brand.

HTH

Yes you will need to be trained in Elemis before you can offer treatments. Are they selling products at retail price ?

Elemis is a very big range and IMO you need to have training to offer an effective treatment to your clients.

I have used Elemis products for personal use but would never attempt to use their products for facials without being an authorised stockist.

They have different procedures & routines for the facial & body treatments which is why they have training....

I wouldn't like to say how this stands from a law point of view but Elemis definately wouldn't like it. Without the training you would never be able to purchase from Elemis and therefore at trade prices so if you were thinking of retailing it wouldn't be worth your while doing it anyway.
Elemis is lovely but right at the top of the market, there are lots of other good quality products with much less start up costs.

Hi
I have been trained in Elemis facials. Excellent training , and lovely products, but unfortunately I cannot afford to use/stock them.

I use Natural elements - which are totally organic and very reasonably priced. I am very pleased with them.

Elemis is very pricey, but personally I dont think you would be able to professionally purchase them without training.

All elemis facials start off with a foot massage FIRST. Plus hot lime mitts. Pure bliss!!!!!

I use my affordable products and adapt them to my elemis training (facial massage moves). Still pure bliss.

xx

Thanks for all the great advice! :lol:

Just one more question, can anyone recommend any good organic or natural facial products that can be used without prior training?
(I will def look into 'Natural Elements', thanks Elaine!)

I am also in the process of supplying and retailing my own brand, as I am a qualified Aaromatherapist, has anyone else done so and how well did the treatments/products sell?

Thanks once again everyone :hug: XX
Em X

I use Eve Taylor because i do Aromatherapy and she is an aromatherapist and her products are all based on that principle.

You can buy dermalogica from www.lookfantastic.com
Bit pricey as you are not paying trade prices, the sites worth a look.

Good luck!

I would also like to use St Tropez Spray tan and Creative Nail Design products, do they have terms and conditions stating that you must be trained before you can use their products? I have been on the websites but the T&C's just state about the use of their website, not the products. I would also like to sell the products but am unsure whether this is legal?

Just to help you on the Creative Nail Design side - you have to be trained as a Nail Technician to be able to purchase any Creative products, and unless you have been trained by Creative you can't purchase any enhancement products at all.....

If you could fill in your profile we would know what training you've had to date which would make giving advice easier :wink2: !

Latest posts

Back