New business, scary but exciting!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jen86

Reaction score
HI Everyone

Ive just very recently started my mobile business and picking up clients, especially now its Christmas! In the past 24 hours ive done 4 clients (Shellac), 3 of which are people i don't know who have found me on google & Facebook :)
Im so excited to be doing them and scared at the same time! im quite confident in my application but my timing is way too long at the moment and i cant help but panic there going to chip after (i tell them all the aftercare etc), even though ive had clients who's nails have been perfect and my own have been fine over 14 days lots of times.

How do i get this out of my head and how do i deal with it if they do chip/lift?

Im so happy ive had clients (and still got more to do before Christmas) and really enjoying meeting then etc, but i'm secretly S*****g myself! lol

By the way Salon Geek has been my absolute Bible! Everyone on here is amazing and so so helpful! So a massive THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!

Jenny xx

Hey Jenny! Congratulations on the birth of your new business and I wish you lots of success xx

I'm 3 years into mine and you sound just like I did starting out.

I promise you that all these little things come with growing confidence (which I still have to work on some days!) but is also testament to how passionate you are about what you do :)

Mrs Bod xx

Hi Jen86,
I can completely relate to what you said as in the same stage as you.
I guess we just have to keep telling ourselves it is just a stage. And things will feel different in time, and eventually we will complete the service in the allocated time. ;-)
And then we can skip around happily.

You mentioned people found you on Google. Have you been using Google Ads?

Hi Jen86, congrats on the business and I think we all know that feeling lol

I've been doing nails for 12 years now and the piece of info I wish I had known at the beginning, which would have saved me lots of heartache, is that all nails are not the same.

You can do identical procedures on 10 people and they will come back to you in a fortnight with their nails in a very different state of repair, a couple will have chips and will have lost a couple altogether while others will be 100% perfect apart from the re-growth.

As long as you're doing a great application , it's then down to

a) how they treat them (esp contact with cleaning products etc) and sometimes creams and lotions that can erode the seal along the free edge and invite chipping/peeling (as per your aftercare)

b) how strong their natural nails are. A weak bendy nail will never hold product like a strong nail and is much more likely to suffer chips etc due to the amount of movement/flexibility in the nail, even if they are really careful and wear gloves for cleaning etc.

I really wish I'd known the second one in the beginning!

Hope that helps a bit xx

How do I post a question In the forum?

Buttons I've replied under the Short acrylics v long thread ;)

That's great thank you :)

congratulations Jen86 ... I think im gonna be the same :eek: lol
but i think once youve done it for some time now youll get the hang of it an get more confident.
Also, i wanted to ask you where did you train ? Could you recommend a good place for becoming a fully qualified nail technician. Ive already searched on here a lot but im still confused and have no idea where the right direction is.

Thank you so much everyone and thank you for the advice!
As you all say i think its just going to take time for my confidence to build and time to improve, i do feel awful taking so long at the moment, i just dont want to rush and get it wrong or forget something

Blossom thank you for your advice! Very helpful! :)

Fiffi28 i trained with Essential Nails, i found them really good and to start with was excellent as i could do it in my own time at my own pace from scratch. Im now going to do some CND training as the Essential Nails courses have given me the confidence to actually go to a course rather than do it from home.

Shey-li-lu im on yell and my clients tell me they Googled for a local nail tech and i came up that way, as Yell is quite high up the page, i also pay to be higher the page on Yell.com.

Again thank you everyone! :D xx

Latest posts

Back