new client advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estherlou

Reaction score
hello , as i've said in previoous threads i'm fairly new to nails and just wanted a bit of advice, i have a client in tommorrow, she had her nails done about 5 weeks ago at a salon which has not the best of reputations, for filing and cheapest, you know the sort,:eek:
anyway i saw her 3 weeks ago and recommended that she come in asap for a rebalance, she's only just booked so i know they are going to be so grown out.
I'm not sure what will be best to do, i've already advised her that due to the time since they were last done it will be the cost of a full set rather than a rebalance.
as the products are obviously different, do i just file right down and apply or do i take the existing product totally off?

i think i would do a new set, will definately be a wow factor, i don't like working over nails that are really out grown especially if i know my product is going to look totally different ( if you know what i mean) good luck getting the off though!!

i think i would do a new set, will definately be a wow factor, i don't like working over nails that are really out grown especially if i know my product is going to look totally different ( if you know what i mean) good luck getting the off though!![/quote]

thats the bit i'm worried about!!!:green:

I would make sure your client knows that since she's paying for a new set, that's what she's getting and also that it will take x amount of time and hopefully you have allotted yourself enough?

Give them a good thin out before soaking off, good luck, you might have a client for life:)

I don't like removing other nail techs nails, especially if they had them done is a NSS.

In my early days, a lady came to me with big thick nails and asked me to soak them off and put on a new set. As i was inexperienced back then, i started to soak them off as normal. An hour later nothing was happening except a big mess sticky layer on her nails. another 30 mins went by and still no melt down. In the end i realised that i was trying to soak off MMA.

I had to advise her to go back and let them drill them off, because i knew i could do nothing for her. Her hands were in a mess with sticky MMA acrylic all over her fingers. I Couldn't wait to get rid of her, i had to throw away my soaking bowl and towel.

Total Nightmare

Latest posts

Back