New client...first Shellac French...nervous

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlo nails

Reaction score
Hi all i have been doing shellac for a year now and never been asked for french until now....i have a new client today and although i know her from my sons school i am really nervous....im so worried i will be that nervous i wont be able to get my smiles right. I know i can do it and even did my own yesterday....guess i just gotta bite the bullett and crack it....
Sorry just needed to share my anxiousness...Have a good day all

Aw bless you hun. I used to dread french 6 months ago, but now I love doing it. Shellac make it easy as you can correct your mistakes.

You will be fine hun, try not to worry about it.:hug:

Hi Hun, I'm joining shellac gang soon and I'm already worried about French! May e you could do a bit of practice today on the hand/ tips?

There is a jolly good video by fingernail fixer Holly on YouTube about Shellac troubleshooting and French.

Maybe if you watch it will give you a bit more confidence. She tidies them smile lines soooo beautifully :)

Good luck!!!! X

Don't be scared. It is really easy. Do watch the video, make sure to keep it really thin and remember to shake your Cream Puff really well before use.

Good luck

Do you have Studio White? I believe that some people find that easier to work with than Cream Puff.

I didn't have anyone ask for French for a while either so was a little nervous about my first, but it's fine once you get going! Mine was on a bride so there was extra pressure, but the nerves soon went away as she was lovely x

Hi and thank you everyone for your replies....i do have studio white which is what im using today....I have watched all the fingernail fixer videos so no exactly what is what so guess its just a case of believing in myself....roll on 12 oclock....then i can just get started ...why do we dread doing french so much lol

You will be fine!

The best advice I ever receive from a mentor many many years ago was to APPEAR calm even if you aren't . So big smile and get stuck in, bet you enjoy it in the end :D

You will be fine!

The best advice I ever receive from a mentor many many years ago was to APPEAR calm even if you aren't . So big smile and get stuck in, bet you enjoy it in the end :D

Totally agree. I'm a bit weird and have never had the French dread, I actually love it and wish people asked for it more! Lol!! And really looking forward to my first Shellac French when I do it as, as other have said, it's easier because you can correct it over and over until those smile lines are absolutely perfect!

Good Luck, not that I think you'll need it as you're well experienced with Shellac itself anyway. Like Della has said, smile and enjoy!! :D

Hi and thank you everyone for your replies....i do have studio white which is what im using today....I have watched all the fingernail fixer videos so no exactly what is what so guess its just a case of believing in myself....roll on 12 oclock....then i can just get started ...why do we dread doing french so much lol

Let us know how you get on. Maybe take a photo and show us? x

Hi all....Well what was i stressing about...they looked wonderful and my new client left saying they were the best set she has ever had and has made a appointment for 3 weeks times... i have tried to attach a picture but dont know how if anyone can help me out i would be grateful

well done missus! i actually love doing french and with shellac it makes forever french manicures and pedicures so much easier. i had a lady just before christmas, teeny tiny nails not much free edge and my first forever french. i was nervous yes, but i loved the end result using cream puff and negligee. my client unfortunately caught her nail and i had to go back and do a repair for her, the funny thing was i was having a happyfeet moment and whilst waiting for her nail to cure i lost myself for a moment and no joke looked at her other hand and thought ooooh i like her french then realised i'd done it!!! I just want more ladies to book french.

congrats again hun knew you could do it! xxxx

Well done! Glad it went well, don't doubt yourself again! x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Thank you ladies...do any of you know how to get pictures on here as i would appreciate your feedback on todays work...Thanks in advance :p

Hi hun! Well done xxx :)

We want picture!!!!!

Ps. I use SG on the phone so not sure how to attach pic on pc x

Thank you ladies...do any of you know how to get pictures on here as i would appreciate your feedback on todays work...Thanks in advance :p

Fantastic! Knew you'd be ok!! :) To upload a picture if on PC, if you scroll down past the box where you're typing your reply, you'll see another box that says additional options. The 2nd box down in there says attach files-manage attachments, click on that and you'll be able to upload xx

Well done!

Just to add on the uploading of pics, if it doesn't want to upload it's probably too big. Just resize the pic (I use paint to do this) and then upload again.

Hi girls you have all been so kind I will try to upload picture after sons football unless I can do it from my phone.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back