New Client - Full Medical History Consultation???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! thats scary, when i do treatments and i find something showing on thier feet, i ask them if they have ever had any problems with that particular area so they are telling me what thier problems are and not the other way around. The point is to find these areas of blocked energy and stimulate them to help the body to heal itself.

Any therapist diagnosing is ethically and probably LEGALLY wrong, and equally any client going for reflexology looking to be diagnosed should be sent straight to the doctor.
Its nice to see that you take that view hun.xx:hug:

I'd be disappointed if a reflexologist asked me what was wrong with me before the service.

In Malaysia a little old Chinese guy did both me and hubbys feet and diagnosed both back trouble and bowel trouble (hubbys full of s**t :lol: ).

Was brilliant.
Reflexology is a holistic treatment treating the mind, body and soul. There are lots of people who think that the job of a reflexologist is like that of a psychic only reading the feet instead of the palm.!!! This is just not the case .
A reflexologist is highly trained and has to undergo intense training. Two years anatomy and physiology before you can even begin the course. Plus when I did the advanced diploma I studied more in the way of medication and ailments, and studied hand and ear reflexology.
There seems much confusion to exactly what the reflexologist is trained to do by the general public.
Lots of folk think we can make a diagnosis by NOT asking questions prior to a service. Similar to being psychic.This not true.
A reflexologist is NOT allowed to make a medical diagnosis, that is the job of a doctor. We however can refer the client to their g.p for further investigations if the reflexologist finds an imbalance in any area and is concerned, coupled with any other symptoms the client presents.
We certainly cannot make wild guesses as to what is wrong without first carrying out a consultation. Even after a consultation we still cant make a diagnosis. It is a form of healing. It is a complementary therapy treatment which is meant to complement the doctors advice, diagnosis and treatment.

XX:hug: XX

Lets remember that non of us are mediacally qualified and not in any position to be diagnosing anything.It would be totally unprofessional to diagnose any medical condition.

Suggestions may be made but NOT diagnostics.

Sorry misuse of words. As a massage theraspist of course I know you never diagnose a client with anything, but steer them in the direction of their GP (without causing alarm)

I meant that without a proper consultation the reflexologist would not be aware of any medical problems I may have and if I had no prior knowledge of therapies I might not think it was important to tell her if she didn't mention anything to me before the session started.

Sorry again :hug:

Latest posts

Back