new client ... given bad advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clara doon

Reaction score
hi guys,

I've had a new client this week who has been visiting another tech for sometime, but hasn't had the best experience of nail enhancements, and I think I've given the best professional advice, but was very careful not to dismiss the other tech as I didn't want to sound like I was slagging her work.

this client has very over grown cuticles and I did spend a great deal of time removing the non living tissue from the nail plate and I did this very carefully but the cuticle area was a little sore and red (she'd never had this done before) I'm wondering now if I should have not done the treatment until the cuticles had fully recovered.

The reason they were in this state is because her previous tech retailed her a set of cuticles nippers and told her to use them in between appointments and to file any loose or hard skin around the nail unit :eek::eek: the clients is also a picker. I explained what I thought of this action (nicely ..with a smile)
and retailed her solar oil and cuticle eraser, I also explained if she continued to pick/nip and file I wouldn't be able to do her nails in the future...

is there anything else any of you would have done? I might give her a follow up call just to remind her of her home care !!

thanks for listening

To use Solar Oil and to explain the importance of homecare is probably what I would have done too Clare.

if she leaves well alone and uses her solar oil then after a month or so the tissue will return to normal. cuticle and eponychium. if there wasnt any cuts or open skin or warts (contraindications) then you did ok.
but i would give her a call and explain if she carries on cutting her cuticles and eponychium she will leave herself open to infections and also a virus which in turn could leave her with warts around the eponychium area. maybe get her to come to you in a week just to check how they are doing, its probably even more tempting for her to trim a small tag of dead skin and then carry on to living tissue, but with her history of picking and cutting the living tissue, it may be better for you to have a look and any dead tiny tags you could trim off for her.
she must use her solar oil.....really regualar and if she leaves well alone she will notice a real difference, in about 4 weeks

Clare you could have used some Rejuvenator (Creative's product name - not sure of what any other companies products are called - sorry!) on the cuticle area.

it is a Copper-peptide complex therapy for damaged skin (ie. Cuticle Area), which helps restore the skins ability to repair itself and develop collagen and elastin.

I can't remember if it can be sold as a retail product.

Creative Nail Design – the official UK supplier the link implies it's not for retail but I seem to remember that someone/somewhere said it could - will have a look and update this post when I find an answer!

Clare you could have used some Rejuvenator (Creative's product name - not sure of what any other companies products are called - sorry!) on the cuticle area.

it is a Copper-peptide complex therapy for damaged skin (ie. Cuticle Area), which helps restore the skins ability to repair itself and develop collagen and elastin.

I can't remember if it can be sold as a retail product.

Creative Nail Design – the official UK supplier the link implies it's not for retail but I seem to remember that someone/somewhere said it could - will have a look and update this post when I find an answer!

Good thinking Batman!!

Yep Rejuvenator is a retail product :hug:

i would give her a call to see how things are and explain your homecare advice or if you have written aftercare give her that too

is there anything else any of you would have done? I might give her a follow up call just to remind her of her home care !!

thanks for listening
Confiscate her cuticle nippers!:)
(sorry couldn't help it.)

Sounds like you did ok to me.

I bet you were cringing inside when she mentioned cuticle nippers:irked:

Solar oil will be her best friend from now on,as others have said,so you just educated a client there! You did the right thing.I havent heard of this rejuvenator though,sounds like a fabulous product!

id have done the same as you clare (then hoped and prayed she listened to my advice) xx

cheers girls

I rang her this morning to make sure she was getting on ok with her enhancements ... yes she said so far so good !! she said she'd been very good and has used the products and hasn't picked ..... I'll see on her next rebalance lol

yes debs I would have retailed the rejuvenator but I'm out of stock I'll put some one my next order (along with a million other things) then she can buy that too !!!!!

cheers for the support xx

Fancy retailing her cuticle nippers! :eek::eek: And seeing as how she likes to pick, it's a wonder she had any fingers left at all . . . what with the picking and the nipping, OMG:eek: Sounds like a recipe for disaster or what eh!

You did fine babe, I would've done the same :hug:

Latest posts

Back