New client query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChromeJunkie

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Sorry to be asking this on New Year’s Eve but just looking for some advice...
I’ve had a new client request an appointment but also for me to remove another techs work. I’ve refused to do the removal after a bad experience previously. I advised that she go back to her original tech for removal however, 20 minutes later, she’d had them “removed” and sent me pictures of her nails. Chunks of acrylic still on them, broken edges, flecks of colour still on the nail...
She’s asked me for an appointment again, however I’m now even more weary of doing her nails as I’m fairly new and can’t afford to constantly being going out to repair nails if she rips them off (I’m mobile).
Any advice on how to handle this?
Hope everyone has a lovely evening!

It’s New Year’s eve!
Send her a short ‘out of office’ type message along the lines..

Chrome Junkie Nails is now closed for the holiday period.
I will reply to my messages on Thursday 2nd January (or whatever date you want to make it).
Wishing all my clients a Happy and beautiful New Year.

Hopefully, she’ll try somewhere else and at least it gives you breathing space to decide how you want to deal with her. Remember, you can choose not to have her as a client, if you think she’s going to be difficult. If she turns up with product on her nails for instance, just be firm and send her away, reminding her that you only remove your own work.

For now, take some time out and forget about your clients for a couple of days. :)

It’s New Year’s eve!
Send her a short ‘out of office’ type message along the lines..

Chrome Junkie Nails is now closed for the holiday period.
I will reply to my messages on Thursday 2nd January (or whatever date you want to make it).
Wishing all my clients a Happy and beautiful New Year.

Hopefully, she’ll try somewhere else and at least it gives you breathing space to decide how you want to deal with her. Remember, you can choose not to have her as a client, if you think she’s going to be difficult. If she turns up with product on her nails for instance, just be firm and send her away, reminding her that you only remove your own work.

For now, take some time out and forget about your clients for a couple of days. :)

Thank you ❤️ People like you are the reason I love this forum! Advice taken and I hope you have a great new year

You can treat this as an opportunity to educate and/or filter out a new client. Explain to her your concerns - very specifically referencing the photo she sent you. Tell her you have concerns about her removing her nails herself, that you can see the chunks of acrylic and color still on her nails. Explain to her that you are concerned that this will compromise your work on her rendering her (and you) unhappy with your work. Then tell her exactly how you want her nails to be when she comes for hr appointment with you. Do this in a non-judgmental, non-accusatory, and fact-driven way. She will either understand and do what you ask, or think that you're a PITA and never come back to you.

What did her last tech die of? Are you cheaper - is she bargain hunting around? These clients are more trouble than they're worth.

If you don't want her business I'd reply with an "oh dear," type response. Tell her that you won't be able to reapply until her nails have recovered from her last set and you'll probably need to charge extra. Give her some aftercare advice "massage in cuticle oil and a nice hand cream nightly, keep them filed short and give them a rest from gels and acrylics. Send me a pic of your nails in 4-6 weeks and I can hopefully get you booked in once I have some undamaged nail plate to work with"

In my experience clients that are messaging constantly out of hours are too demanding to be worth dealing with, they're never grateful or respectful of your boundaries and complain a lot. Enjoy your time off.

Latest posts

Back