New Client yesterday (pics)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To give some insight from the customer end - I've been to many salons who will proceed to give you false looking enhancements unless you tell them not to, because it's simply what is preferred and common in my area.

I have been pressured to let them do my nails this way - false looking - because it is what the tech doing them and many of their clients prefer. It's a very awkward feeling and honestly peeves me, because IM paying THEM to do my nails - I have to wear them, so I should wear them how I like to.

The polite way is to offer EVERYTHING - even if they say "i think want straight smile lines", explain "i can also do them this way, or this way, or this way, if you like", and if they say "no, i want them straight" then you need to say "ok".

More so then not, when others see their nails and discuss with them where they got them done, etc., the enthusiastic response will reflect how enjoyable it was to have someone do what they want, and NOT what the tech wanted.

This is the same as with hair cutting/styling, and even with painting! Just because you hate the color a person chose for their home, you can't refuse to paint their walls!! The wonderful paint job will get noticed, though!!

I would do them too, but not without a gentle bit of persuasion or coaxing to try them my way. I would also say - ok then I will do them but you will have to let me try my way - see if you like them - if you dont, then no problem - you win, but I can guarnantee you will get more people asking about your nails when I have done them the way I have been trained.

They usually do have to try them out before they can make a descision. Its very much like those that have the same hairstyle all their life because they are comfortable and hate change.

Lets get the important thing here, you gave the customer the look SHE wanted and so long as your prep was up to YOUR standard with shape and apex correct and no file lines, then you have nothing to be ashamed of. Its a little unusual, IMO because I have found that customers usualy come to me for the look I give, even my hubby can spot a set of my nails:lol: but as Gigi says you don't loose customers for giving them what they ask for.

as far as the advertisement aspect get a couple of pics with your "nice" nails on a buisness card so the that when the client gives the inquiring person it they can see what your other work looks like

Now that's a smart idea!

In my opinion in a situation like this, the customer is always right - without your customers you don't have a business and to quote a very old saying my nan would have said "He who pays the fiddler calls the tune" or something like that, but it does get the sentiment across. I have a lady with podgy porcelain pale hands who likes nearly black polish:eek: believe me, not a good look but who am I to force my opinions? One can merely advise. As long as I am allowed to build strength where nails need it and they don't wear them too long or leave it too long between rebalances, the look is down to them.

Latest posts

Back