New Client yesterday (pics)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hands_Only

Nail Professional
Reaction score
Hi all

I had a new client yesterday she came from another nail tech but wasnt happy with her nails (again) Im not bothered because she is now my client :)

Only problem I had was how she wanted her nails.

I tried my best to explain to her about nails and how I do them but she was adament that she wanted them this way

Her answer to my chat was "I like them to look fake because thats what they are" :suprised:

I thought we were trying to make "not very nice nails" look great and natural where possible?

Anyways here are her nails the way she likes them straight and very long. I couldnt change her mind for love nor money. They do say the customer is always right.

pics001.jpg

pics003-1.jpg

Hi all

I had a new client yesterday she came from another nail tech but wasnt happy with her nails (again) Im not bothered because she is now my client :)

Only problem I had was how she wanted her nails.

I tried my best to explain to her about nails and how I do them but she was adament that she wanted them this way

Her answer to my chat was "I like them to look fake because thats what they are" :suprised:

I thought we were trying to make "not very nice nails" look great and natural where possible?

Anyways here are her nails the way she likes them straight and very long. I couldnt change her mind for love nor money. They do say the customer is always right.

pics001.jpg

pics003-1.jpg

well, not my idea of gorgeous nails either. [no offence to you]
but now you have her as a client maybe you can gradually bring her round:wink2:

I have to say and please don't take offense, but I would refuse to do this type of nail. If this lady tells people who did her nails it may not be the best form of advertising for you :hug: You know that you can product a much more pleasing on the eye nail than this xx

Tell me about it i think the next time she comes I will show her more of my work and try to convince her to have more of a smile.

It sounds nuts I have been trying so hard to make nice smile lines and I found it really hard doing these straight across.

I was not very happy with them at all. :sad:

But Im going home in 2 weeks so i wont be here to continue with her if she keeps them like that

I have a client just like this. She has her smiles so straight they're almost frowning! I hate the end look and silently beg for her to not tell people who's done them! She's actually passed my card onto a few people who have become clients and do have more 'normal' more pleasant looking nails, so its not always a bad thing to give the customer what she wants! xx

not keen myself - too much white and straight smile - but if she is adament she wanted them like that?

I had some one wanting straight smiles - so i slyly did a very slight gentle smile - she never noticed, i made it deeper and deeper every appointment and now they are same as my rest and shes never mentioned it! xx

not keen myself - too much white and straight smile - but if she is adament she wanted them like that?

I had some one wanting straight smiles - so i slyly did a very slight gentle smile - she never noticed, i made it deeper and deeper every appointment and now they are same as my rest and shes never mentioned it! xx

you crafty thing rachy !
its a tough decision doing work that will not represent our skills in a positive light. i have to say i would not have done them like that. i guess it depends how much you need the business. maybe she will see sense when she sees better looking nails.

I might try this next time and just slowly make them smile

Thanks for the advice

If this is what the client wanted and I had the ability to do them that way then yes I would, but as Rachel says I would get them to change over time to what was more suitable for the cleints nails.

If this is what the client wanted and I had the ability to do them that way then yes I would, but as Rachel says I would get them to change over time to what was more suitable for the cleints nails.
Exactly..being a good , versatile nail tech to me isnt just about doing the style of nails that I think the client should be wearing.
I cant count the number of times i have changed hairstylists to find one that actually listens to what I the client wants.
This client is the one paying for them and wearing them for the next fortnight.
If the client wants fake..then give them fake i say!
icon_lol.gif

And as Rachel says, you can gradually change them to something more balanced later, without the client noticing much.

I might try this next time and just slowly make them smile

Thanks for the advice

a lot of clients know nothing about smile lines - they think the whites are supposed to go straight across (especially the younger girls)!! so ease them in gentley!! xx

a lot of clients know nothing about smile lines - they think the whites are supposed to go straight across (especially the younger girls)!! so ease them in gentley!! xx

the thing is she has been getting her nails done for 13 years and has always had them done this way surely someone else must have said something to her

I have a client that had her smiles straight and OMG it was so hard to do it that way, it felt un-natural lol. She now has smiley smiles but one other thing I have discovered she does is file them before her rebalance to the length she wants and if you hold a file accross the end of the FE it curves the wrong way.

She loves them as square as poss and when she looks at her nails, beacuse of the lower arch and wonderful C curve she has, they look like they are not square, although they are from where I sit and look at them. She gets the file and holds it vertically to the nail and files away so the end result is the corners of the FE are longer than the middle on the FE. Grrrrrr, it's such a shame cos she has the longest nail beds I have ever seen and the C curve is just like that C and she hates it, wants them to look flatter.

At the end of the day, the paying client should get what they want as they are paying.

It is hard, but let's face it, not many people in the general public really know what nails should look like do they?

There are so many of the "Fake" is good salons around, this is what people assume you should have. We should just try and educate them, but otherwise, we have to do them how they want them.

(as annoying as it is)

I have to say and please don't take offense, but I would refuse to do this type of nail. If this lady tells people who did her nails it may not be the best form of advertising for you :hug: You know that you can product a much more pleasing on the eye nail than this xx

Well if you did then I think you would be very silly.

All women aren't stupid .. they have seen enough nails to know they do not have to look like these. They know there are choices out there and it is not up to us to force our choice onto someone else. I wouldn't like it if anyone did that to me.

I know what I want and that is what I want and neither you nor anyone else would change my mind.

It is an aesthetic thing and everyone's taste differs.

I have never lost a client because I did what my customer demanded. And I am in business to satisfy my customers not my own taste.

I had a client that was from Israil and she came to me for a rebalance, I did find her nail quite challenging as they were a fan shape, she liked them to fan out at the top and quite thick ,this is how she loved them.

But you do have this thought in your head " please dont let any one think this is how I do my nails all the time".

Every one is different and sometimes diferent can be good especially if your making your client happy.

Angela:wink2:

personally, if i client wants their nails to look fine fine, i dont have to wear them. Some people really like the fake look.

as far as the advertisement aspect get a couple of pics with your "nice" nails on a buisness card so the that when the client gives the inquiring person it they can see what your other work looks like

for me personally sometimes i like more free edge color than nail bed. I dont think i could do the strait line though

I think they look horrid, but if that's what she wanted, that's what she got......it's money at the end of the day.....I've never had a client ask me for those straight lines all mine love a curve.....

Hope...I wouldn't have refused but would have done a gentle curve, not a ruler straight line xxx

*peaks thru fingers with lovely smiles* gosh.. words just dont do it lol... they are her nails thou I guess.. I'd be worryed to have them showin in public however lol

Not my cuppa tea!!! :eek: But if thats what the client wants! Just have to try & change her mind over time!! :)

Latest posts

Back