New Client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi guys, well got my first real new client last nite she had seen me at the school fete i did saturday and wants gel overlay on her nails as their already very long, anyway booked in for next tuesday and now im panicking never done a gel overlay before i know the main thing is the prep but can anyone sugegst anything else i may need to do, also panicking about my smile lines and am considering buying the more than white, so nerve racking x x

Congratulations Kells, that's fantastic news. Its always nerve wracking having a new client: i get all jittery every time!!! You'll be fine! As far as i understand it, the important thing with overlay is to "cap" the edges ie. make sure the product goes over the edge of the free edge (not explaining this very well am i??). If you want to buy MTW you will need to fax your certificate to Designer Nails before they set you up an account so dont leave it too long!

Good Luck Kelly - obviously the fete is paying off already!

Kellyc said:
Hi guys, well got my first real new client last nite she had seen me at the school fete i did saturday and wants gel overlay on her nails as their already very long, anyway booked in for next tuesday and now im panicking never done a gel overlay before i know the main thing is the prep but can anyone sugegst anything else i may need to do, also panicking about my smile lines and am considering buying the more than white, so nerve racking x x

Hey Kelly, More than white is really easy to use and you can use a brush dipped in Nail Fresh to correct and wonky lines (if needed) but rememeber she might not want the permanant french look!, hope this helps

Carole Lindsay said:
Congratulations Kells, that's fantastic news. Its always nerve wracking having a new client: i get all jittery every time!!! You'll be fine! As far as i understand it, the important thing with overlay is to "cap" the edges ie. make sure the product goes over the edge of the free edge (not explaining this very well am i??). If you want to buy MTW you will need to fax your certificate to Designer Nails before they set you up an account so dont leave it too long!
Hi Caz, thanks yep must keep repeating it in my mine 'cap free edge'! ive got an account set up with Ellisons and they sell MTW so must place my order tomorrow, i can only hope she doesnt want the french look lol! my smile lines are the worst! x

lindag said:
what does this mean
You know when you do a natural nail overlay it can sometimes chip at the edge? Well the way that you bring the product over the tip is called "capping the edge".

Carole Lindsay said:
You know when you do a natural nail overlay it can sometimes chip at the edge? Well the way that you bring the product over the tip is called "capping the edge".
and is the first thing to normally come away with my own nails :o so i must remember to cap

Just try to remain calm and just make sure you do a thorough consultation so you know exactly what your client wants, find out if she has had enhancements before, any problems before and as others have siad she may not want the french look.

Don't work yourself up over it too much, i still get nervous when its a new client, you wouldn't be a good tech if you didn't worry. It means you care about your client.

Chin up, you can do it, i'm here if you need help.

talented talons said:
Just try to remain calm and just make sure you do a thorough consultation so you know exactly what your client wants, find out if she has had enhancements before, any problems before and as others have siad she may not want the french look.

Don't work yourself up over it too much, i still get nervous when its a new client, you wouldn't be a good tech if you didn't worry. It means you care about your client.

Chin up, you can do it, i'm here if you need help.
oh god been worrying so much about my smile lines and prepping forgotten about consultation cards! yep need to stay calm lol x

Kellyc said:
oh god been worrying so much about my smile lines and prepping forgotten about consultation cards! yep need to stay calm lol x
Chill out babes, you've got 6 days to get yourself sorted and me and Wends are here for ya!

Carole Lindsay said:
Chill out babes, you've got 6 days to get yourself sorted and me and Wends are here for ya!
Yeah i know, im running round to Wends saturday nite to lay all my concerns on her lol!! and keep practicing those bloody smile lines x

Go girls! I'd be there if i could but unfortunately i'm entertaining friends (that i dont even particularly like!) and would rather be with you guys!

Oh Kelly you have no need to concern yourself with your smile lines, try and chill out a bit and stop worrying or you`ll end up too nervous to enjoy your new client.
I`m here if you need me too, you have my number and I`ll help all i can.

Just wanted to say what a nice bunch you all are helping each other out, it makes for nice reading :D

It's good you have all managed to meet up, unlike us Hampshire geeks...moan, moan, lol!

I used to be an Essex girl, went to school at westcliff, so I'll be thinking of you kelly, you'll be fine hun! :D

You`d be more than welcome to come and join us Sue, its a fair way to drive but worth it, and you wouldn`t have to drive back home the same night, you could stop over and share a bottle with us, or was that me?????????
Maybe we should call these meetings, sleepovers..........

Latest posts

Back