New Client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi Guys, well i did my first real client last nite it was for a gel overlay with the french look and it took me an hour and a half but i did prep thoroughly and was very pleased with the results and loved using the mtw (thanks chris) anyway whilst i was there her next door neighbour popped in as she has her nails done with acrylic, you could see the product hanging over the side of the nail which i couldnt help but attack her nails with a file as it instantly annoyed me, and then on one side it was really dirty she said she went back to the salon about it and they said its because her hands sweat thats why it is staining and its nothing to worry about, to me it looked as though dirt had got under neath the product obviously quite concerning, is what the salon said correct? anyway she said she would like me to do them for her instead, should i take off the product and start again or just really thin out what shes got and place product over the top just a little concerned about the 'sweaty one'! thanks x

I guess you could try rebalancing to see if you can get rid of the offending staining but if you're not happy with the result then you'd have to do a soak off. Well done you for getting some new business - its happening Kells!! What did you charge in the end?

Kellyc said:
you could see the product hanging over the side of the nail which i couldnt help but attack her nails with a file as it instantly annoyed me, and then on one side it was really dirty she said she went back to the salon about it and they said its because her hands sweat thats why it is staining and its nothing to worry about, to me it looked as though dirt had got under neath the product obviously quite concerning, is what the salon said correct? anyway she said she would like me to do them for her instead, should i take off the product and start again or just really thin out what shes got and place product over the top just a little concerned about the 'sweaty one'! thanks x
Hi Kelly

Sweaty hands.......maybe......but what's that got to do with the nails? She may produce more oil which can mean if a Tech doesn't 'maxi prep' then the product may lift. However, my guess (bearing in mind the product hanging over the side...hmmm!) is that her Tech has applied too big a beads that are then touching the skin.........which we all know will mean instant lifting!!

The 'sweat staining' sounds to me (like you rightly said) that lifting has occurred and dirt has found it's way underneath. Now if there is no lifting at the moment and she has had a rebalance, I would guess that the lifting wasn't removed during the rebalance, therefore dirt has been trapped and not removed.........surely it's an explosion of bacteria waiting to happen?

My advice Kelly, is to follow your own instincts and soak them all off, that way you can have a damn good look at her natural nails and give them a fine good prepping before you put anything back on.......you will be safe in the knowledge that all nasty bacteria is dead, dead, dead..........yeah!!

All the best
Adele

The 'sweat staining' sounds to me (like you rightly said) that lifting has occurred and dirt has found it's way underneath. Now if there is no lifting at the moment and she has had a rebalance, I would guess that the lifting wasn't removed during the rebalance, therefore dirt has been trapped and not removed.........surely it's an explosion of bacteria waiting to happen?

What you said above is true she had her rebalance last week and i couldnt see any lifting, the white tips had started cracking and obviously there was the 'sweat staining' which i was really concerned about, they were discoloured and looked like they hadnt been touched for about 6 weeks.

I will definately soak them off and start again thanks Adele x

Well done Kells, i'm glad you did a good set as i know how worried you were. It shows they were good as you have another new client, well done you.

Well done kelly.
I only got your messege today i just logged on.
I went to a training school in upminster, but i live just down the road from the brentwood academy.
How was it there.

Latest posts

Back