New CND Academy Manchester

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you will find that if you do a college course, plus pay for all the assessments plus buying all your products and kit ... The price difference will be minimal ... Only what you get will not be antwhere near as good. But this info is for all ... Not specifically for you mobile manicure. You will do what you have to do ... :sad:

Those who want to check out the Creative Nail Academy in Manchester (which is what this thread is all about in the first place) can call in at any time and see what is there and discuss your options.

Last edited:
I did mani and pedi at college and nail enhancements at college. It was 10 years ago but I'm pretty sure the mani and pedi course is currently less than £200. When I did the course it was brilliant and very thorough. The CND equivalent is £995. Not similar in pricing at all.

I find the education part of the website a little confusing "leap" "fly" "soar" etc. I'm trying to find the training for Shellac only. Is there such a course? If so, how much is it? Do you have to have done other specific CND courses before being allowed to undertake the Shellac course (if it exists on it's own?)

Sorry, just read your last paragraph Geeg, I must have missed it. I will call them tomorrow. Thanks.

I did mani and pedi at college and nail enhancements at college. It was 10 years ago but I'm pretty sure the mani and pedi course is currently less than £200. When I did the course it was brilliant and very thorough. The CND equivalent is £995. Not similar in pricing at all.

I find the education part of the website a little confusing "leap" "fly" "soar" etc. I'm trying to find the training for Shellac only. Is there such a course? If so, how much is it? Do you have to have done other specific CND courses before being allowed to undertake the Shellac course (if it exists on it's own?)

Look ... The best thing to do is what we always tell everyone to do so that threads are not hijacked off topic. Ring Sweet Squared and they will tell all. 08452106060. There is masses of Shellac training and all you need to do it is your mani pedi qualification. They will be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Last edited:
Thanks. I will call them tomorrow. I have a mani and pedi qualification but it's not CND. Would that matter? I don't want to spend £1000 doing it all over again. Never mind, I will ask them on the phone tomorrow.

Ok rang CND this morning......it would appear that their Shellac course is in fact very reasonable! Only £50 for a 3 hour course. Now even I can afford that! Cheaper than the Gelish course, I might add, which was £95.

Quite surprising as I find the other courses quite expensive.

If I were CND I would probably insist that you must have done the Shellac course before you could purchase it. At that price you can't moan and it would stop all (ok, some) of the cowboy beauticians from using it incorrectly. Although you would still get the dreaded cowboys who purchase it illegally.

I have to say that I totally agree with Geeg regarding the price issue.

I did the Nail Services NVQ because my circumstances at the time meant I could do the course for free at college. However, in hindsight, I probably would have saved more in the long run by doing the CND Complete, as my kit and all the extras I had to buy came to well over £600...so the college course & the kit wasn't much of a price difference from CND...I didn't feel at all confident to go out and start getting clients even though I qualified as one of the best in my class, mostly thanks to discovering Salon Geek and Geeg's tutorials :Love:

Unfortunate circumstances prevented me from pursuing nails full time once I qualified but, a few months ago I re-discovered SG and it was reading all the different threads, seeing all the support and enthusiasm from other geeks, that actually inspired me to do nails again!

After college I did a couple of training courses with different brands, again choosing the lower priced courses... overall I know I've spent well more than it costs to do the CND Complete, without gaining the confidence I finally found when I went for my training at the Machester Academy on Monday.

The reason I was raving so much about it, is because it was the first time I'd left a nail course feeling confident, excited and eager to make a go of it properly this time.

I've come to realise that, when investing so much money into training, it's important to spend wisely and not cheaply... if I had my time again I would have waited and saved the extra money to do the CND complete... of the 10 people in my college class, only 2 of us continued with nails whereas, most CND students seem to continue into a successful career (that's only my view, but one of the reasons I went with them). Of all the companies I have trained or made enquiries with, Sweet Squared and CND Manchester Academy were the most helpful and efficient.

Also, the brisa conversion course I did includes the kit and new UV Lamp. The training is effectively free because it costs less to do the course incl kit than it does to just buy the kit & lamp! The kit is a massive saving in itself so it's ridiculously good value.

I have no desire to do L+P so I chose Brisa as it was the product I felt most confident in using to convert any client. It's worked too, a few people have asked if I "do Acrylic" and my response is, "I do Brisa Gel, which is as strong as Acrylic." They then reply, "Oh, OK I'll give it a try then"...:lol: For me, I've finally found a product and company who do exactly what I've always wanted. I'm sure many other techs who are loyal to a specific brand (Not just CND) feel the same way... it's all about finding the one that's right for you I think.

I text my model last night and she said all her nails are still perfect... she works in a warehouse so hard wearing on nails is an understatement.. oh and she's a nail biter too, or was until now :lol:

Mobile Manicure - I also want to do the shellac course and I live in South Manchester so we may end up bumping into each other there! I'm sure the extra clients you will bring in after your course will allow you to book any more of your choice very soon :)

I'd love to know which courses people are going on and when - perhaps we can use the thread for people to see if any fellow geeks are on their course?

Last edited:
Oooh this is exciting as Leeds is nearest to me at the mo. I suppose Manchester and Leeds are quite close anyway. I guess I could go to either. Il be saving up to do a course I think as il have finished doing my NVQ level 2 soon!!!

Not long to go now beauty_girl - you've nearly done it! I hope you're really pleased!

I found the last few months the hardest but I kept visualising my certificates in a frame on my wall :lol:

I'm sure your hard work will pay off and you will make a fantastic therapist!

Apologies for going off topic (sort of)
Now I'm not a nail tech but about 13 years ago I had a lovely mobile nail tech from Bolton come to me for my nails - L&P
They were honestly thee best nails (and I did try many other techs) I ever had, all my friends used her and I know she was very busy!

I just found out the other day that she used CND products and was trained at Creative (not sure if it was called that back then) she was expensive but so worth it.
She moved to Europe many years ago to be with her partner.

Lovely girl!

Anyway, just saying. Back to topic ;-)

Apologies for going off topic (sort of)
Now I'm not a nail tech but about 13 years ago I had a lovely mobile nail tech from Bolton come to me for my nails - L&P
They were honestly thee best nails (and I did try many other techs) I ever had, all my friends used her and I know she was very busy!

I just found out the other day that she used CND products and was trained at Creative (not sure if it was called that back then) she was expensive but so worth it.
She moved to Europe many years ago to be with her partner.

Lovely girl!

Anyway, just saying. Back to topic ;-)

That's lovely to hear! I know I'm not going to be the cheapest in my area but I'm confident that my products are worth it and hope it will help me build a loyal customer base.

As soon as the next dates for the complete course are released I am booking myself on it. Spoke to one of the lovely ladies in Manchester the other day and hopefully next month the dates for the end of the year will be available.
Even though I have trained and got certificates (inc a Brisa conversion), insurance ect Ive decided if I want to be the best i can im going back to basics and get a qualification which is internationally recognised.

When i have my salon on my yacht sailing to exotic ports of call for customers I will let you know :wink2:

Vicki xx

Great feedback about a seriously great team in Manchester.

Just a quick note to advise everyone not to take training on sticker price (that goes for ANY course). Look at what is included and look how much you are actually charged for training.

A LOT of providers realise that people shop for courses on price tags, so to "get" those, they either exclude products required to complete the course from the final price, or radically skimp on the contents as they are tooled up to generate revenue from the training, not the products.

At the Creative Academy (and I am sure other distributer partnered providers), you will generally find suppliers will be able to provide more value in the form of product offerings with the goal to help the student become the best that they can be with their product and thus become a long time customer. Eduation to some is a profit centre, to others it is an investment opportunity. To the Creative Academy network, I can assure you it is the latter.

Always compare what is included and not included (product wise and training wise) in your course first so that you can compare apples to apples.

And yes, we could remove the products from the course to reduce the "sticker" price, but IMO hiding that information from a new student or providing a stripped down, half-assed "kit" is a really pants way to start a career together.

Not long to go now beauty_girl - you've nearly done it! I hope you're really pleased!

I found the last few months the hardest but I kept visualising my certificates in a frame on my wall :lol:

I'm sure your hard work will pay off and you will make a fantastic therapist!

Awww thanks. I do take great pride in what I do and want to push myself bit I'm struggling with confidence still. I'm doing everything now to finish my course and then learn everything a new way by the sounds of it lol. Xxx

Latest posts

Back